Vision: Our family sees a different side of Royal

3 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

Last cruise we went with our friends  to Sancho´s and really enjoyed it. Our friends then went to Nachi on their second leg of their back to back and raves about it. We just had lunch together this past week and they both talked about how great it was again!  The reviews seem to be so split that I don’t know that I even want to try it. 

Ok, good to hear that.  I have Nachi booked for next year, and was starting to get nervous...

4 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

Last cruise we went with our friends  to Sancho´s and really enjoyed it. Our friends then went to Nachi on their second leg of their back to back and raves about it. We just had lunch together this past week and they both talked about how great it was again!  The reviews seem to be so split that I don’t know that I even want to try it. 

Yeah it's kinda funny....  I was very hohum.  My wife really enjoyed it.

We ordered drinks at the exact same time, hers was great, mine was horrible.

I guess it's just one of those things....  personal preference?  lack of consistency?  influence of Mexican gods?

Who Knows?

Final Thoughts & The Verdict

This cruise was an attempt to try something new for us.

We're new to Texas and don't have experience driving to the port.
We also have not sailed routes to Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya 
We have not sailed many of RCI's smaller ships, we usually go for bigger & newer

As a family with two young kids, our little ones love things like the Dreamworks parades, boardwalk with carousel, and the ice skating rink.

Oasis class ships also have the kid-theater, science lab, and a very large Adventure Ocean with multiple spaces,  it works really well for our family. 

After moving to Texas we still flew to Florida to sail Allure... After dropping more than 7K for cruise and airfare... we found a 2K all in on Vision I handed over the credit card.

But we were super concerned about going from one of the company's biggest ships to one of their smallest.

We sat the kids down and explained that we would spend a lot of pool time and relaxing time instead of action packed schedule time.

We had been on one smaller ship as a family... Serenade.  My wife enjoyed it but I felt bored quite a bit.  I remember the first 2 sea days feeling like I was going to go crazy if I didn't get off the ship soon.  Our oldest daughter loved AO, but otherwise she was bored too.  Our youngest was still in a stroller then.

So what would Vision have in store?

Well....

WE LOVED THIS SHIP!!!

As I mentioned earlier the staff on this ship was amazing.   CC and her staff truly made this cruise spectacular. I was reminded of cruises of yesteryear.   Tons of games, tons of trivia, and personality, and giving out Royal Caribbean key chains like they were hundred dollar bills.

I haven't been on a cruise that did that in YEARS.

Brings me back to Monarch and Viking Serenade where we did lots of fun games all the time.

The staff truly made up for the fact that the ship didn't have as many "attractions" and quite honestly it was this kind of cruising that had me fall in love with cruising in the first place.

I can't remember the last time I was fighting it out in silly dance contests for a keychain, but I can remember being in the sexy legs contest on Monarch, and the battle of the sexes on Nordic Empress and now we can add vision to the list. 

The activities staff made this cruise spectacular.

Let me tell you what else we loved.... our cabin.   8048.   We were on deck 8, one deck down from the pool.  Two up from deck 6 where most everything was.  

We were centrally located and never felt like we were walking all over the place to get somewhere.

We also often get separated on the bigger ships. If I go somewhere with the kids, and my wife is by the pool or in the room, forget it.  It's impossible to find each other.  We just know we'll reconnect by dinner. 

Not on vision, it was easy to wander a bit and find your traveling companions there's just not as many places to look. 

While our past "smaller ships" of serenade and celeb reflection left me longing for something to do many days, I never felt bored on this ship.  There was always something going on, and something to go do.

The size also was a benefit for our 10 year old.

We're overprotective, I'll admit it.  I know many parents let their kids wander the ship, and have some freedom in somewhat of a smaller environment.  Not us.

Kids have to be with us, and no we don't allow her to sign herself out of Adventure Ocean.  It just makes us uncomfortable.

On this ship, my oldest kept asking for some freedom.  Because it was a smaller ship we felt more comfortable granting it.   She didn't get free reign at night, or the ability to sign herself out of AO.   But while we were sitting at dinner, and the youngest was forced to sit there until she had 3 more bites of her fruit, we allowed the oldest to walk to ben and jerry's for dessert.

Vision helped us feel more comfortable giving her freedoms we wouldn't give on an Oasis class ship.

Yes --- I complained a lot about the motion.  It was really one of my only two dislike s of this sailing the motion and the size of Adventure Ocean.

My kids love Adventure Ocean but they refused to go on this ship.  They had too many kids onboard, and the Adventure Ocean simply wasn't big enough to handle them properly.

They really need to limit the 4-person cabins they book with kids during spring break.

I thought they would have learned their lesson, but kids sail free is going on right now and spring break week cruises have the sale next year out of Galveston. 

Not only was a not ready to get off the ship, I would have gladly stayed onboard and gone another week.

Vision leaves Galveston for Europe in a few months and will be replaced by Enchantment.

Now, I've been told Enchantment isn't maintained as well as Vision and the staff isn't as strong as it's a ship that's focused on 4-5day cruises rather than 7+ but we're still signed up.   Going again later this year.

My only hesitation about that cruise is that we booked a Grand Suite.... meaning it's ALL THE WAY FORWARD... where the motion is worse.

I really wish I could downgrade to a JS in the middle of the ship, but the JS  is more expensive now than what I paid for the GS. 

I'm not going to pay more to downgrade. 

So we'll see what happens on Enchantment this fall.

We're looking at next Spring Break right now....  my wife wants to fly to San Juan and take vision on the southern route.

We still need to get on Liberty, out of TX, but I can do two 5-days on Enchantment for less than Liberty.   I figure if I'm paying that much I'd rather be on Oasis.

We decided that perhaps our sweet spot would be Voyager class...   big enough to offer kids a bit more and handle the motion of the ocean, but not so big that we don't feel the intimacy of the ship. 

Luckily Adventure was announced to be heading to Texas in 2020, so we will soon get a chance to try it out.

I'm still hoping this terminal RCI is building in TX will bring us an Oasis class or Icon class ship.  (Icon may be a stretch --- but hey we've got the natural gas resources to fill the tanks!)

We encourage families who are nervous about the smaller and older ships, to not worry.  Roll the dice, and enjoy it.  It may not have the bells and whistles, but it has the keychains and smiles.

Thanks for following along --- Happy sailing everyone. 

• Like 14

15 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:
Final Thoughts & The Verdict

This cruise was an attempt to try something new for us.

We're new to Texas and don't have experience driving to the port.
We also have not sailed routes to Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya 
We have not sailed many of RCI's smaller ships, we usually go for bigger & newer

As a family with two young kids, our little ones love things like the Dreamworks parades, boardwalk with carousel, and the ice skating rink.

Oasis class ships also have the kid-theater, science lab, and a very large Adventure Ocean with multiple spaces,  it works really well for our family. 

After moving to Texas we still flew to Florida to sail Allure... After dropping more than 7K for cruise and airfare... we found a 2K all in on Vision I handed over the credit card.

But we were super concerned about going from one of the company's biggest ships to one of their smallest.

We sat the kids down and explained that we would spend a lot of pool time and relaxing time instead of action packed schedule time.

We had been on one smaller ship as a family... Serenade.  My wife enjoyed it but I felt bored quite a bit.  I remember the first 2 sea days feeling like I was going to go crazy if I didn't get off the ship soon.  Our oldest daughter loved AO, but otherwise she was bored too.  Our youngest was still in a stroller then.

So what would Vision have in store?

Well....

WE LOVED THIS SHIP!!!

As I mentioned earlier the staff on this ship was amazing.   CC and her staff truly made this cruise spectacular. I was reminded of cruises of yesteryear.   Tons of games, tons of trivia, and personality, and giving out Royal Caribbean key chains like they were hundred dollar bills.

I haven't been on a cruise that did that in YEARS.

Brings me back to Monarch and Viking Serenade where we did lots of fun games all the time.

The staff truly made up for the fact that the ship didn't have as many "attractions" and quite honestly it was this kind of cruising that had me fall in love with cruising in the first place.

I can't remember the last time I was fighting it out in silly dance contests for a keychain, but I can remember being in the sexy legs contest on Monarch, and the battle of the sexes on Nordic Empress and now we can add vision to the list. 

The activities staff made this cruise spectacular.

Let me tell you what else we loved.... our cabin.   8048.   We were on deck 8, one deck down from the pool.  Two up from deck 6 where most everything was.  

We were centrally located and never felt like we were walking all over the place to get somewhere.

We also often get separated on the bigger ships. If I go somewhere with the kids, and my wife is by the pool or in the room, forget it.  It's impossible to find each other.  We just know we'll reconnect by dinner. 

Not on vision, it was easy to wander a bit and find your traveling companions there's just not as many places to look. 

While our past "smaller ships" of serenade and celeb reflection left me longing for something to do many days, I never felt bored on this ship.  There was always something going on, and something to go do.

The size also was a benefit for our 10 year old.

We're overprotective, I'll admit it.  I know many parents let their kids wander the ship, and have some freedom in somewhat of a smaller environment.  Not us.

Kids have to be with us, and no we don't allow her to sign herself out of Adventure Ocean.  It just makes us uncomfortable.

On this ship, my oldest kept asking for some freedom.  Because it was a smaller ship we felt more comfortable granting it.   She didn't get free reign at night, or the ability to sign herself out of AO.   But while we were sitting at dinner, and the youngest was forced to sit there until she had 3 more bites of her fruit, we allowed the oldest to walk to ben and jerry's for dessert.

Vision helped us feel more comfortable giving her freedoms we wouldn't give on an Oasis class ship.

Yes --- I complained a lot about the motion.  It was really one of my only two dislike s of this sailing the motion and the size of Adventure Ocean.

My kids love Adventure Ocean but they refused to go on this ship.  They had too many kids onboard, and the Adventure Ocean simply wasn't big enough to handle them properly.

They really need to limit the 4-person cabins they book with kids during spring break.

I thought they would have learned their lesson, but kids sail free is going on right now and spring break week cruises have the sale next year out of Galveston. 

Not only was a not ready to get off the ship, I would have gladly stayed onboard and gone another week.

Vision leaves Galveston for Europe in a few months and will be replaced by Enchantment.

Now, I've been told Enchantment isn't maintained as well as Vision and the staff isn't as strong as it's a ship that's focused on 4-5day cruises rather than 7+ but we're still signed up.   Going again later this year.

My only hesitation about that cruise is that we booked a Grand Suite.... meaning it's ALL THE WAY FORWARD... where the motion is worse.

I really wish I could downgrade to a JS in the middle of the ship, but the JS  is more expensive now than what I paid for the GS. 

I'm not going to pay more to downgrade. 

So we'll see what happens on Enchantment this fall.

We're looking at next Spring Break right now....  my wife wants to fly to San Juan and take vision on the southern route.

We still need to get on Liberty, out of TX, but I can do two 5-days on Enchantment for less than Liberty.   I figure if I'm paying that much I'd rather be on Oasis.

We decided that perhaps our sweet spot would be Voyager class...   big enough to offer kids a bit more and handle the motion of the ocean, but not so big that we don't feel the intimacy of the ship. 

Luckily Adventure was announced to be heading to Texas in 2020, so we will soon get a chance to try it out.

I'm still hoping this terminal RCI is building in TX will bring us an Oasis class or Icon class ship.  (Icon may be a stretch --- but hey we've got the natural gas resources to fill the tanks!)

We encourage families who are nervous about the smaller and older ships, to not worry.  Roll the dice, and enjoy it.  It may not have the bells and whistles, but it has the keychains and smiles.

Thanks for following along --- Happy sailing everyone. 

Great review! Really enjoyed reading it. Looking forward to your next one. We have JS booked on Vision out of Miami in October. Your review made me feel better about taking kids on a smaller ship without extras. 

I completely agree with your final thoughts on Vision. CC and her crew were spectacular! Especially Orlando LOL! I had the very same reservations you did about the size of the ship, but Vision did not disappoint at all. I really wish Vision would stay in Tx a bit longer, but I am excited for Adventure coming in 2020 and one of the Oasis class coming after that. Glad you and your family enjoyed your cruise! Thanks again for the awesome review 😃

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 3:03 PM, mimi7ccr said:

We are going to Costa Maya in a couple of months and I was wondering about Tropicante.  How DO you get there??  How do you really know when you are at the right place??  Could someone shed some light on this, please??  Thank you.

On 3/31/2019 at 4:04 PM, mimi7ccr said:

Thank you.  I will do that.

On 3/31/2019 at 7:54 PM, RCCL Fan said:

Good investigating

If you google it ,you can email the owner and ask him to reserve you a spot.. www.sandalsandskis.com.  on the website there’s a “treasure map” with directions . You can take the trolley for $3 per person to get there. SO easy and awesome place to spend the day,

If you google it ,you can email the owner and ask him to reserve you a spot.. www.sandalsandskis.com.  on the website there’s a “treasure map” with directions . You can take the trolley for $3 per person to get there. SO easy and awesome place to spend the day,

The owner is very helpful, he suggested the taxi over the trolley to me.

Just follow my instructions of how to get there and you will be fine.

Ignore the people in the green shirts and look for the tropicante staff in the pink shirts and once you’re there you’ll be fine

• 2 months later...

I just finished reading this excellent report! Thank you for taking the time to write and share...very enjoyable way to spend my morning.

Have you ever ordered the Coconut Mojito from Boleros? It is one of my absolute FAVE drinks on a cruise...and it is only made in Boleros. It uses coconut water and the malibu rum...has a rim of coconut. Still the excellent mint...really yummy drink. I mention this because Enchantment has a Boleros that was added when it was stretched. At least...it did when I sailed on her 5 years ago?

Sorry to hear that your day at Nachi was something of a bust. I am aware of how two different parties can go there on the same day and have a completely different day. The first time I went, our tablemates (another family with kids similar to our DS) also went. We loved it. They had an awful time.

We thought the food was wonderful. They thought it was horrible. We ordered a couple grilled groupers and a couple other dishes. Hands down, the grilled grouper was THE meal to eat there. They served the entire fish, both filets...so there was plenty to share, but the other meals were lack luster. The other family had ordered the more Americanized foods...a burger? Ribs? They don't do that well.

You do have to get there early to get one of those shade things. While the limited attendance is a benefit...those in the know get there early. We didn't have a hard time with that because I think the ship didn't change time zones, so Nachi was an hour different from ship time? I could be mistaken. Whatever. You do have to get there early to get a shade thing. 

For service...one time we were there (we thought DS might think every cruise ship went to Cozumel because it was always on our itinerary), there did seem to be a shortage of servers. We had gotten the name of our server, and no kidding, we would shout out...Hey Jose! And he would look over at us and we would motion for another round. He'd give us a thumbs up and the head bob and smile and all was well.

IDK if it's the same as it has been several years since we went, but it used to be more of a family run business and the servers and everything had been there for a long time. I swear that I've had the same server there every time we've gone. And they have all been friendly and somewhat casual...I hope this doesn't sound negative, but you kind of figure out how to work with the servers to help them help you as they go back and forth between all the people.

The guac and salsa there was so good. Hot though. One conversation with Jose went along the lines of, Jose! Muy caliente *points to salsa* Jalapeño? Jose grins hugely, no...habanero! *grins even wider*.

Now that I'm done with my little book here...I love the area you live in. We used to live in NRH and Bedford. Great school district. We liked Lifetime Fitness...and if the Fresh Market is still there? They used to steam a fish for you while you shopped...we would make a big salad to share at the salad bar, grab a fresh loaf from the bakery area and pick up our fish on the way home from time at Lifetime. Good times. Good memories.

Edited by Anita Latte
spelling

Thanks guys!  this is an old one from Spring Break.... glad you enjoyed it.

We're going on Vision's sister Enchantment in a few months --- been seeing mixed reviews on her, but trying not to worry

3 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

I just finished reading this excellent report! Thank you for taking the time to write and share...very enjoyable way to spend my morning.

Have you ever ordered the Coconut Mojito from Boleros? It is one of my absolute FAVE drinks on a cruise...and it is only made in Boleros. It uses coconut water and the malibu rum...has a rim of coconut. Still the excellent mint...really yummy drink. I mention this because Enchantment has a Boleros that was added when it was stretched. At least...it did when I sailed on her 5 years ago?

Sorry to hear that your day at Nachi was something of a bust. I am aware of how two different parties can go there on the same day and have a completely different day. The first time I went, our tablemates (another family with kids similar to our DS) also went. We loved it. They had an awful time.

We thought the food was wonderful. They thought it was horrible. We ordered a couple grilled groupers and a couple other dishes. Hands down, the grilled grouper was THE meal to eat there. They served the entire fish, both filets...so there was plenty to share, but the other meals were lack luster. The other family had ordered the more Americanized foods...a burger? Ribs? They don't do that well.

You do have to get there early to get one of those shade things. While the limited attendance is a benefit...those in the know get there early. We didn't have a hard time with that because I think the ship didn't change time zones, so Nachi was an hour different from ship time? I could be mistaken. Whatever. You do have to get there early to get a shade thing. 

For service...one time we were there (we thought DS might think every cruise ship went to Cozumel because it was always on our itinerary), there did seem to be a shortage of servers. We had gotten the name of our server, and no kidding, we would shout out...Hey Jose! And he would look over at us and we would motion for another round. He'd give us a thumbs up and the head bob and smile and all was well.

IDK if it's the same as it has been several years since we went, but it used to be more of a family run business and the servers and everything had been there for a long time. I swear that I've had the same server there every time we've gone. And they have all been friendly and somewhat casual...I hope this doesn't sound negative, but you kind of figure out how to work with the servers to help them help you as they go back and forth between all the people.

The guac and salsa there was so good. Hot though. One conversation with Jose went along the lines of, Jose! Muy caliente *points to salsa* Jalapeño? Jose grins hugely, no...habanero! *grins even wider*.

Now that I'm done with my little book here...I love the area you live in. We used to live in NRH and Bedford. Great school district. We liked Lifetime Fitness...and if the Fresh Market is still there? They used to steam a fish for you while you shopped...we would make a big salad to share at the salad bar, grab a fresh loaf from the bakery area and pick up our fish on the way home from time at Lifetime. Good times. Good memories.

Thanks for the advice!

I'm not a coconut fan, but cruises are always about trying new things, I'll give it a whirl.

Trust me I wanted the grilled grouper!!!! lol 

Lifetime and Fresh Market are still here... so happy you have such great memories of your time in North Texas!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 10:56 AM, Anita Latte said:

Have you ever ordered the Coconut Mojito from Boleros? It is one of my absolute FAVE drinks on a cruise...and it is only made in Boleros. It uses coconut water and the malibu rum...has a rim of coconut. Still the excellent mint...really yummy drink. I mention this because Enchantment has a Boleros that was added when it was stretched. At least...it did when I sailed on her 5 years ago

One bummer- I am pretty sure they changed the coconut mojitos a few years ago 😞. When I was on Indy 4 years ago, it was just as you described.  On my most recent 3 cruises, they no longer used coconut water, and the coconut mojitos weren’t great anymore- just too sweet!

Edited by vacationlover_mn

5 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

One bummer- I am pretty sure they changed the coconut mojitos a few years ago 😞. When I was on Indy 4 years ago, it was just as you described.  On my most recent 3 cruises, they no longer used coconut water, and the coconut mojitos weren’t great anymore- just too sweet!

This makes me so sad! The drink was the perfect refreshment with that lime, mint, and coconut influence...not tart enough to kick in the sides of the throat but not sweet enough to make you feel ill for the sweetness. Aw. I guess that’ll help cut back on my drinking on vacation. 

Glad you made the Galveston trek.  Always good to see your reviews and hope you guys are happily settled here.  You mentioned staying at Hotel Galvez - that is our "go to" and we love it.  The pool is also lovely and your girls would enjoy it as well.  Great breakfast spot next door is Millers - you can walk from the hotel.  There's even a fun little haunted ghost tour of the hotel.  The hotel even has bikes you can use to bike along the Seawall.  Highly recommend the Galvez!

Question - your picture of the pool at the Roatan resort - was that Infinity Bay or Paradise Beach?  We've done Bananarama many times at Roatan but are planning on trying IB or PB this time.  Your thoughts?

And yes - word is Galveston is getting an Oasis ship once the new port is built.  I think the plan is fall 2021.

You  mentioned your daughter has a love of performing.  Does she do anything here? We may know some of the same people.

On 7/9/2019 at 2:38 PM, wolfganghowell said:

Glad you made the Galveston trek.  Always good to see your reviews and hope you guys are happily settled here.  You mentioned staying at Hotel Galvez - that is our "go to" and we love it.  The pool is also lovely and your girls would enjoy it as well.  Great breakfast spot next door is Millers - you can walk from the hotel.  There's even a fun little haunted ghost tour of the hotel.  The hotel even has bikes you can use to bike along the Seawall.  Highly recommend the Galvez!

Question - your picture of the pool at the Roatan resort - was that Infinity Bay or Paradise Beach?  We've done Bananarama many times at Roatan but are planning on trying IB or PB this time.  Your thoughts?

And yes - word is Galveston is getting an Oasis ship once the new port is built.  I think the plan is fall 2021.

You  mentioned your daughter has a love of performing.  Does she do anything here? We may know some of the same people.

Thanks for the compliments.  

We have family that lives just north of Galveston, so we are planning to stay with them on our future. We did the hotel only because they were in the middle of remodeling their newly purchased home. 

We did visit both Paradise Beach and Infinity Bay.  Paradise was shaded, a little older, lots character, us adults loved it.

Infinity was more commercial, big old texas sized pool, more typical resort hotel like, the kids loved it.

To each their own though.

We did fine at Infinity,  I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever you choose. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/6/2019 at 9:36 PM, RCCL Fan said:

Calling a 10 year old "stupid" is what sent me over the top.  And when the boys mom called her out on it, she said,

"Well he did a stupid thing"

Even my kid got teary over the way she was speaking to this kid.

I don't even have children but I would have been all over her for acting like that.  For all I know she might have been on our Brilliance cruise. We had a woman who did almost the exact same thing- yelling at somebody's kid for something ridiculous. She was walking down through the Schooner bar and bumped into this child while looking at her cell phone, and she spilled her strawberry daquiri on her white dress. The child didn't even do anything.  She was livid and started screaming at this child for "just standing there."  Her husband just rolled his eyes. She sat down next to me and looked at me shaking my head, thinking I was doing it in sympathy for her.  She looked at me and said "I don't know why people bring their kids along. They just get in the way."  I told her I didn't know why people walked along with bright red drinks while not watching where they were going, and  it was too bad she was going to have to wear her Scarlet Letter for being careless and running to a child. She hightailed it out of there pretty quick.  

• Like 2

On 1/5/2020 at 4:53 PM, legaljen1969 said:

I don't even have children but I would have been all over her for acting like that.  For all I know she might have been on our Brilliance cruise. We had a woman who did almost the exact same thing- yelling at somebody's kid for something ridiculous. She was walking down through the Schooner bar and bumped into this child while looking at her cell phone, and she spilled her strawberry daquiri on her white dress. The child didn't even do anything.  She was livid and started screaming at this child for "just standing there."  Her husband just rolled his eyes. She sat down next to me and looked at me shaking my head, thinking I was doing it in sympathy for her.  She looked at me and said "I don't know why people bring their kids along. They just get in the way."  I told her I didn't know why people walked along with bright red drinks while not watching where they were going, and  it was too bad she was going to have to wear her Scarlet Letter for being careless and running to a child. She hightailed it out of there pretty quick.  

Yeah if I had my wits about me I would have reacted a bit more.  It all happened so fast.

Happy to know the review is still helping others almost a year later!  

On 1/6/2020 at 10:39 PM, RCCL Fan said:

Yeah if I had my wits about me I would have reacted a bit more.  It all happened so fast.

Happy to know the review is still helping others almost a year later!   

We will be sailing on her in 84 days, so I’m really happy to read your review, even if it was almost a year ago. We’ve never sailed with RCL so I was a little skeptical about going on one of their smaller ships but your review gave me peace of mind. Our good friends are getting married in Barbados, so it should be a great time 🙂

thanks RCCL FAN.

I am glad to hear the Vision is a nice ship.

I have done many types and sizes on various cruise lines.  

In April of this year I am going on Symphony out of Miami in late April for 7 days, I fly home and 4 days later I fly to Barcelona to catch the Vision for a 12 day Italy and one stop in France.  This ship is small enough to sail into Venice and it spends the night and stays until the next afternoon.  All the port times are quite good and provide lots of times.

I have an ocean view room on deck 2 and I really an looking forward to this cruise just as much as my SOS.  I have done allure and Harmony.  Never been on Vision class but years ago did old sovereign.  It has been a while since I have been on the lowest deck but will enjoy not having to walk far coming back from ports.

I think the smaller or mid size ships can be loved and enjoyed just as much as larger ones.

So gonna be busy for almost a month with these two ships.  Perhaps I will do a topic feed and compare the two ships.    I also like Quantum class as well.