Dollar Tree---hangers

We will not be taking a garment bag on our upcoming cruise and will be in need of some hangers once we unpack.  I did find a Dollar Tree on East Pender but can't seem to find directions from the Marriott Pinnacle where we will be staying.  I know the cabin stewards can bring us some hangers but that doesn't always work out (too few or two slow to get them to us when unpacking (not their fault as I know they are VERY busy).  Can anyone help with the Dollar Tree location or make another suggestion as to where we might purchase cheap hangers? Thanks.

I think the closest dollar store to you is the Dollarama on Seymour (it's downstairs below ground level but has a huge sign you can see from the sidewalk pointing downward). Google Walking Map. If you just contued along Pender you'd find the Dollar Tree about a mile east of the hotel - just in case you have a specific hanger in mind that you know that chain stocks.

Actually there is a Dollarama in Harbour Center which would be the closest to the ship.

The Dollar tree store is at the corner of Pender and Main in Chinatown but it isn't the nicest of locations.

Thanks

Dennis

On 3/26/2019 at 4:20 PM, Urban trekker said:

Actually there is a Dollarama in Harbour Center which would be the closest to the ship.

The Dollar tree store is at the corner of Pender and Main in Chinatown but it isn't the nicest of locations.

Thanks

Dennis

Thanks Urban trekker.  We knew we had seen such a place in a shopping center but forgot where it was.  Doesn't the Harbour Center have a food court there as well?

On 3/26/2019 at 9:46 PM, realnice46 said:

I usually just bring some metal hangers like you get from the cleaners, then leave them at end of cruise, 

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, our bags are packed tight so bringing the hangers would not be possible.  My other problem is we don't use dry cleaners anymore so no metal hangers in our house.

On 3/24/2019 at 11:31 AM, Italy52 said:

We will not be taking a garment bag on our upcoming cruise and will be in need of some hangers once we unpack.  I did find a Dollar Tree on East Pender but can't seem to find directions from the Marriott Pinnacle where we will be staying.  I know the cabin stewards can bring us some hangers but that doesn't always work out (too few or two slow to get them to us when unpacking (not their fault as I know they are VERY busy).  Can anyone help with the Dollar Tree location or make another suggestion as to where we might purchase cheap hangers? Thanks.

This is a problem that actually doesn't need to be solved.  Once you're on board, just ask your stateroom attendant for some extra hangers, and they magically appear.  This is what we do on cruises.

12 minutes ago, scottbee said:

This is a problem that actually doesn't need to be solved.  Once you're on board, just ask your stateroom attendant for some extra hangers, and they magically appear.  This is what we do on cruises.

Thanks for your post.  As I mentioned above, we prefer to get some hangers in advance due to the comments I mentioned in my post.  We have cruised many times before with various lines and when needed, I have asked for hangers and either received too few, or sometimes not received them until later the following day making it a little hard to unpack the day of our cruise.  We don't mind at all getting hangers -- we know the cabin stewards have lots of boarding requests from passengers so if we can help by getting our own hangers that is one less request to worry about fulfilling.

33 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks for your post.  As I mentioned above, we prefer to get some hangers in advance due to the comments I mentioned in my post.  We have cruised many times before with various lines and when needed, I have asked for hangers and either received too few, or sometimes not received them until later the following day making it a little hard to unpack the day of our cruise.  We don't mind at all getting hangers -- we know the cabin stewards have lots of boarding requests from passengers so if we can help by getting our own hangers that is one less request to worry about fulfilling.

Well; there are some options downtown. 

The one that jumps to mind is Dollarama in Harbour Centre (Cordova & Seymour) as it was a near an old office of mind, and only 4 blocks from the port.  There's also a second Dollarama on Seymour closer to W.Georgia

Closer to your hotel there's "Only Deals" in Royal Centre Mall (Burrard & West Georgia), but I've never been in that one. The other option (also Burrard / W.Georgia) is there's a Staples there.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:23 AM, Italy52 said:

Thanks Urban trekker.  We knew we had seen such a place in a shopping center but forgot where it was.  Doesn't the Harbour Center have a food court there as well?

Yes there is a food court and government liquor store as well.