2 WEEKS TO GO!

Lois R

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning....I got home Sunday night and there is a thread I started on the Azamara board.....one of the "LIVE FROM" type of threads.  I am not doing another review so you can read that one if you like.

The cruise was fair to good...…...not great and I doubt I will be choosing Azamara again (anytime soon anyway).

I thought the service was spotty throughout and food varied as well.  I know from that forum they have their big cheerleaders (like every forum) but for me? I will be moving on...…..

Lois, glad you made it home safely.  I went and read through your live from thread, and yes, Azamara definitely has their cheerleaders like all cruise lines.  Even when some of the others posters remarked that they also found the service and other things lacking it appears that others wanted to discount that because they always have a great experience with the line.  That is one reason why I quit doing cruise reviews because of similar reactions to what your thread had.  I don't trash a cruise line, I simply state what I liked and what I didn't like.  

I have never had a bad cruise and don't think I ever will, because being on a cruise means I am not at work, and I am relaxing at sea.  If I find the things I don't like, I don't try to beat the cruise line up, I just call that a one and done cruise line.  I tried them, and I just didn't think it was the right cruise line for me.  That doesn't make them a bad cruise line, just maybe not the right one for me.

To all the cheerleaders out there, no matter which line it is for please remember, just because it is your favorite cruise line does not mean that everyone is going to feel the same way as you do.  We are all different and we all like and expect different things, it doesn't make one right and one wrong, it just makes us different.  If everyone was the same, our world would be pretty boring, and I don't like being boring.  

Lois, I hope you have a better experience on your next cruise.  Neil

• Like 3

On 4/23/2019 at 4:16 AM, Lois R said:

The cruise was fair to good...…...not great and I doubt I will be choosing Azamara again (anytime soon anyway).

I thought the service was spotty throughout and food varied as well.  I know from that forum they have their big cheerleaders (like every forum) but for me? I will be moving on...…..

I took a quick look at your Azamara thread and found it interesting. I have also given thought to trying a premium cruise line...and, you know what, I would expect to be completely "blown away." So I guess I will have to adjust my expectations downward. 😉 

Edited by mtwingcpa

3 hours ago, mtwingcpa said:

I took a quick look at your Azamara thread and found it interesting. I have also given thought to trying a premium cruise line...and, you know what, I would expect to be completely "blown away." So I guess I will have to adjust my expectations downward. 😉 

Silversea blew me away! They are quite a  bit more $$$ but they are Awesome!

Lois R,

I respect your comments and thank you for your observations.  Azamara has never been very much on "my radar" as a Company to try, primarily because I don't care for their use of former Renaissance Cruise vessels.  Azamara is now "off my radar" for a possible cruise altogether.

24 minutes ago, skleeb said:

Lois- come on the Trans-Atlantic in March 2020! Silversea Shadow!

Hi, I cannot be gone for 3 weeks in a row...…...but thanks for the offer:classic_smile: