B2B ?

foneguy

Well were booking our first B2B for Feb 2020. What id like to know is will we be able to leave luggage in our cabin while we go through customs then back on the ship? And yup we booked the same cabin.

Thank you all

My cruise Sept. 2018, as soon as I boarded the ship, I notified Guest Services that I was sailing B2B.  They did all the work and I did NOT have to get off the ship and go through customs.  I don't know if this is possible for you ... just saying how my cruise went. 

Yes, leave luggage in your cabin.    You may or may not have to get off the ship and go through customs - it depends on where in the world you will be - local laws vary greatly.  Most US ports do require getting off the ship, but we have not had to in the UK or in Australia.    The ships made arrangements to have Customs and/or Immigration officials come onboard to take care of any necessary inspections.    

If you have to get off the ship during turnaround day at a US port, you would go through Immigration, not Customs.

However, if you get off the ship as if you were going on a DIY excursion, you can bypass the process. You will receive instructions when on board how to do it, and will be given a "pass" (commonly an "in transit" pass) to allow you to do this.

3 hours ago, foneguy said:

Well were booking our first B2B for Feb 2020. What id like to know is will we be able to leave luggage in our cabin while we go through customs then back on the ship? And yup we booked the same cabin.

Thank you all

Yes you can. You will also receive a TAD letter advising you where to meet, what time and what to bring with you for the TAD process. 

7 hours ago, foneguy said:

we are sailing from Galveston, but i planned on leaving the ship to run bouhtitems to the car and reboarding.

like any alcohol we may buy

If you are getting off the ship and bringing items with you that you bought on the cruise, you will be subject to Customs, as well as Immigration,  just as you would at the end of any cruise when returning to the States. If you weren't removing dutiable items from the ship, you would likely just be given the in transit pass.

But to answer your original question, your belongings will remain in your cabin.