Please help with purchasing Cunard tickets

ant101

Hi, 

Please could someone help a first time cruiser. I am out of the UK for a year and currently residing in Czech. My family and I are looking to purchase tickets on the Cunard transatlantic cruise. How do I go about doing this as a non UK resident? I have a UK credit card, but currently residing in Czech. 

Also, will the prices be the same as what is advertised on the UK website? I have a feeling this is not so. Is it possible to use a family member's address in the UK? I do not want to do so if it is going to get us in hot water. 

Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

When you say: "I am out of the UK for a year", it implies you normally reside or have resided in the UK.  It could be deemed you are saying that you are on holiday at the moment.  If you have legal Right of Abode in the UK as suggested there seems no reason to me why you could not be living with your UK family members at their address.

If you book on the UK website, either direct in the Czech if it works, or by having family book on your behalf it should work provided you can sort out deposit payment and later settlement of final bill relating to the booking.  The UK website generally assumes people are UK passport holders and supplies visa and other important travel information on this basis.  There is an opportunity to enter alternative national passport details on the cruise personaliser facility.  If non-UK passports are involved different or special visas may be needed.  You need to satisfy USA immigration requirements and this will also need ESTA's for each passenger. 

When you book a transatlantic (you do not specify eastbound or westbound), the prices are often advertised - one way flight included.  This would be assumed to be UK to New York or New York to UK.  You therefore need to get to the UK to embark ship or aircraft.  "Cruise Only" prices are available  at a discount but organising own flights can be expensive. 

It might also be possible to book using a UK travel agent possibly locally where your UK family members live.

These are only my personal views and not Cunard official policy!

Regards John

Edited by john watson

2 hours ago, john watson said:

When you book a transatlantic (you do not specify eastbound or westbound), the prices are often advertised - one way flight included.  This would be assumed to be UK to New York or New York to UK.  You therefore need to get to the UK to embark ship or aircraft.  "Cruise Only" prices are available  at a discount but organising own flights can be expensive. 

Unless they are booking a crossing that has that 3 day mini cruise departure from Hamburg.  It would be easy to take the train there.