Bliss vs. Encore which one?

gcbranscome

Hi! I am looking at booking a cruise to celebrate my triplet daughters’ high school graduation.  I really would like to go on the Encore, but it docks 2 days in Bermuda and I’m not sure how great that would be. The Bliss seems to be a little more for the week I’m looking at, but it goes to a few different ports. Has anyone ever done a cruise to Bermuda for a few days? Is it worth it? Looking for opinions of what we should do? This will be my family’s first cruise. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

What are the other ports on the Bliss? I have been to Bermuda many times and it is a safe beautiful place. There is

lots to fill up those 2 days. You might be switching more ports for a lesser experience.

The Bliss is going to Orlando, Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau.

Just now, gcbranscome said:

I have done both. Orlando we went to Cocoa Beach and my daughter and her family went to the Kennedy Space Center. Great Stirrup Cay is a tender port which means you get into ferries from the bigger ship. Sometimes if the weather is bad they skip this.But if you make it it’s a nice beach day.  Nassau we went to Atlantis. Way overpriced but you can do other things. Nassau can be unsafe. Only you can choose. I guess I would pick Bermuda. 

1 hour ago, gcbranscome said:

I'd definitely choose Bermuda too on the Encore.

I'm doing Eastern Carib on the Encore, Jan. 2020 and I've done the Bermuda 7 day cruise several times, including this past July on the Escape.

As everyones said, Bermuda is beautiful and safe.

My family is filled with beach bums and Bermuda has some of our favorite beaches so we all love it and don't mind going 3 days in a row. There are many other things to do too so it's good for almost anyone.

It'll be great whichever you choose.

45 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I'd definitely choose Bermuda too on the Encore.

I'm doing Eastern Carib on the Encore, Jan. 2020 and I've done the Bermuda 7 day cruise several times, including this past July on the Escape.

As everyones said, Bermuda is beautiful and safe.

My family is filled with beach bums and Bermuda has some of our favorite beaches so we all love it and don't mind going 3 days in a row. There are many other things to do too so it's good for almost anyone.

It'll be great whichever you choose.

Great thanks! 

27 minutes ago, gcbranscome said:

Great thanks! 

Bermuda would be [really] boring for your teens. One stop with nothing at the port. I would look at a Caribbean cruise out of Miami on a big ship. More ports. More countries.

We did a western Caribbean cruise on the Getaway last year and swam and snorkeled at each port. Or you can do [one] cultural excursion to myan ruins. 

Below is our live live post from the identical Bermuda itinerary on the Breakaway. And one from our Getaway western Caribbean. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Unless your daughters hate going to a beach, I'd definitely choose Bermuda.  If the weather doesn't cooperate, the Encore will have activities for them (plus they may be partying all night and want to sleep in during the day!).  Three teens can safely travel together around Bermuda via public transportation (ferries, buses);  I definitely wouldn't recommend that in Nassau.  

• Like 1

Bermuda, hands down!

Be careful when booking the Bermuda cruise as there are 4-, 5-, 7- day cruises to Bermuda … the 4-day gets you to spend 1 day on island, the 5-day 2 days and the 7-day 3 days.

Fantastic beaches here and the island is pretty .

ENJOY!!

P.S. we have been on the PC (Orlando), Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau route from New York before … remember due to timing it's not feasible to go to Orlando to visit the theme parks.