The Waterlot Inn, Bermuda

st5310

We are cruising the Summit to Bermuda in May and have heard the Waterlot Inn on the island is a dining experience we shouldn't miss.  It is expensive (and, of course, not covered by the cruise price), so may I ask if anyone has been to this eatery and what your experience was like.

Thank you!

Neil

5 hours ago, st5310 said:

We are cruising the Summit to Bermuda in May and have heard the Waterlot Inn on the island is a dining experience we shouldn't miss.  It is expensive (and, of course, not covered by the cruise price), so may I ask if anyone has been to this eatery and what your experience was like.

Thank you!

Neil

We ate there about 25 or 30 years ago and enjoyed it. Of course our experience from that long ago is totally worthless for the purposes of a meaningful review . :classic_dry: I only posted  to show that it's been considered a top flight restaurant for  a long, long time...the restaurant says almost 350 years!

Its very good-- not Michelin star blow you away good-- but a solid steakhouse in a nice place attached to the Fairmont Southampton complex. It has a very traditional New York steakhouse menu so its not really something that goes in the "authentically Bermudian" category. I honestly felt that our meal there was very expensive for what it was-- I was expecting more if they were going to charge Manhattan prices (we were there last summer). But it was fun to try somewhere new.