Embarkation Advice

• 2 weeks later...

FYI Got my confirmation and E-ticket this morning and the advice for Naples remains the same

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT NAPLES
To check in your bags in the UK you'll need to visit the Marella Cruises stand. We'll security seal your bag and attach your cabin number to speed up the process at the other end. There's no need to collect your bags when you land as they’ll be sent straight to the ship. You will be directed from your plane onto the transfer coach, without having to enter the airport building. There might be a short delay in your cases being delivered to your cabin when you board the ship, so pop any essentials into your hand luggage before you leave the UK. When you reach the port, you'll be given a welcome envelope with your onboard account card inside. Your onboard account card doubles as your boarding card, so you should keep it on you at all times - you'll need to show it at the gangway and when you pay for something.

Lots of stuff on Facebook including an update on the luggage debacle herewith

Just had a reply from Marella Cruises.. Hi , There's no bonded luggage for Naples. You'll need to collect your luggage as normal ^Kyle

Hide or report this
my response Well can they tell their confirmation team to alter their emails that say it is coz i got an email yesterday saying it is bonded and its causing a lot of grief and confusion for people.
FB reply  apparently they are in the process of passing on the info down the chain.

Hope this clarifies the bonded luggage business. In Naples it is a definite collect your luggage, find the Tui/Marella rep, get your cabin labels and take luggage to coach. 
Not trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs or preach to the converted  but worth saying put anything you need like meds, docs, specs, money in your carry on.