Costa Fortuna Club restaurant

Bobbingbob

Is there a Club Restaurant on the Costa Fortuna, please? If so, is it only open for dinner or can you also have breakfast and lunch there as you can on some of Costa’s other ships like the Diadema, Fascinosa, Favolosa etc?

Also, is there a Ferrari bar or any other small (quieter!) bars on Fortuna? We are finding the noise levels can be pretty hard going now in some of the large bars on some ships and we hate it when they turn the Atrium bars into a market area for selling jewellery etc. 

This is going to be our first time on Fortuna. Really appreciate your experiences and help and many thanks.

Yes there is a club restaurant which now is reserved for Suite guests & Perla Diamante member's if there is room, however that said you may purchase Diner for one night or the week, again depending on room now, since the new rules.

We as suite guests do eat there and on most ships they do find room find 'Paying Guests' Although to be honest the almost the same two dishes are served in every restaurant & now even the club is overcrowded.

The best bar is the aft wine bar or the classic bar opposite, both tend to fill up when piano payer is on but are great when he/she takes there breaks.

(Cost a fortune a)  made us all laugh when it was first announced way back when we were on the Europa but she is a lovely ship.

Hello Tenpin

Thanks very much for your helpful reply. We are Perla Diamanté at the moment so perhaps we will be able to eat in the Club Restaurant.

Our last few cruises with Costa were actually in Suites but we have opted for Balcony Premium for this cruise,  rear cabin on Deck 7. We are just hoping it will be a quiet choice as I read somewhere that the sound proofing on the Fortuna is not so great.

It will also be our first time embarking in Valencia (we usually go from  Barcelona which now has a very nice new VIP lounge) so if you or anyone reading this has any comments or suggestions on this port I'd love to hear them.

Thnaks so much again

Bob

As Perla Diamante members you will be able to eat either in Club Restaurant or in a separate area of the main dining room.

As said the wine bar aft is fairly quiet even when entertainment is going on, again you will get priority boarding at Valencia which is okay & quick. Can,t help with ports as we do not venture ashore now & have not done so for years.

Edited by tenpin

Hi - I don't know if any of you are aware,  the Costa Fortuna is getting a "new look" and is now on her way back from Singapore to Genoa.  We are sailing on her in October, before embarking on the new Costa Smeralda.  Information is so scarce for Costa so I thought I would just add this bit of information.  I only stumbled upon the news by chance!!

Not sure that Costa's 'New Look' will be any better than a change of carpets & a machine that extracts the last Euro from you as you leave the ship.

The one good thing is if you are strong and are able to say no to the extras then they are still great value.

Thanks again Tenpin ( so sorry you don’t go ashore so much these days but trust you find plenty to occupy yourselves onboard - it can be really pleasant when you have the ship more or less to yourself!) and thanks, too, panamapd. Does The Fortuna  need a ‘new look’ then do you think? We really loved the NeoClassica a few years ago by the way. These ships do take a lot of wear and tear, though, so I suppose they do start to show this after a few years.

Happy cruising all!

Hi Bobbingbob,

After nearly 30 years cruising We now just relax on board, also can't walk very far now so it suits us. 35 with Costa, back on the Fascinosa I may which may well be our  last ever cruise getting too old for all the travelling. being on board while ship is in port lets us enjoy meeting the crew and getting to know them well, & also meet up with a member of Costa booking agents in Genoa for lunch on board when ever we dock there so that's lovely too.

Tenpin - would you be able to sail from the UK so you don't have to fly and miss out completely on cruising?  I must say, we have a child and the Costa prices are nigh on impossible to beat; particularly as we use a European travel agent.  The price is way cheaper than the UK and the tips are included!!

I have been looking online to see what changes they have made to the Fortuna.  It does seem to be more than just a brush up.  I just searched costa fortuna genoa 2019 for videos.

I must say the Costa cruises website doesn't seem to provide much information, in comparison to the other cruise lines.  Nothing on the Fortuna "new look" and no update on their new Costa Smeralda.  Luckily I have this forum!

Yes. We have sailed from Dover, Southampton & Harwich with Costa but they are very limited Itineraries and at times when we prefer not to go. Do not Like P & O much too British & Southampton is not the best of terminals.

However all is not lost just booked a canal trip that includes a chef, oh the joys of being retired & downsizing the house, sorry kids we are trying to spend it.