Costa Maya Port - Pool Area?

DaisyGirl55

I read somewhere that the cruise port at Costa Maya has restaurants, and a large pool.  If this is so, are there loungers or chairs?  And what is the charge?

We really don't want to go to a beach, but would not mind walking around some stores, getting a bite to eat, and then taking a dip in the pool to cool off.

Or I suppose we can just stay on the ship and go in the pool there...:classic_wink:

Last time we were at the port there was a separate pool (ocean front ) that was being renovated. 

Is this where the snorkel area was, or is that another section?  I saw large floating tubes there? Did the pool reopen?

and is there a charge for snorkeling, wherever it may be?

Edited by c-leg5

C-leg5- A new feature is they have added a dolphin swim adjacent to the ocean front. That might have been the renovations you saw. The port owner misses no opportunity to make money! The renovations are complete and the dolphin swim is open.

This port continues to grow with so many shops, restaurants and people.

The pool becomes wall to wall people during the day. It is not my idea of anyplace I want to be. It is too crowded for me.

Walking around the shops and checking out restaurants sounds like fun but I would rather return to the ship and use their pool. Just my opinion. Hundreds differ on that every day there are ships in port :classic_rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Loucat said:

C-leg5- A new feature is they have added a dolphin swim adjacent to the ocean front. That might have been the renovations you saw. The port owner misses no opportunity to make money! The renovations are complete and the dolphin swim is open.

This port continues to grow with so many shops, restaurants and people.

The pool becomes wall to wall people during the day. It is not my idea of anyplace I want to be. It is too crowded for me.

Walking around the shops and checking out restaurants sounds like fun but I would rather return to the ship and use their pool. Just my opinion. Hundreds differ on that every day there are ships in port :classic_rolleyes:

Thanks, i think it was next to that. I saw the dolphin display area.

When I went recently the pool was being used by people swimming with large inflatable rings. - not sure if it was just a secondary pool?

i have seen photos with signs to a snorkel area and I wondered where it was and if there was a charge.

Edited by c-leg5

• 5 months later...

When we were there in May 2019, they were very strict that the lounge chair were only for people ordering food and or drink.  The pool itself was free. However, there isn’t really anywhere to leave your stuff if you don’t have a chair.