Parking at Boston port

shirlov57

Did this about 2-3 years ago, somewhat convenient. Go to terminal first to drop off the bags, then swing around to the multi-level parking garage. It's a one block walk from garage to terminal; easy when you return. It worked out ok from my experience.

16 minutes ago, Mid43 said:

Did this about 2-3 years ago, somewhat convenient. Go to terminal first to drop off the bags, then swing around to the multi-level parking garage. It's a one block walk from garage to terminal; easy when you return. It worked out ok from my experience.

The problem is that things have changed substantially since 2-3 years ago.  There are basically now 2 parking options as detailed here: http://www.massport.com/cruiseport/to-from-cruiseport/parking-directions/

The closest parking “a block away” is at the EDIC parking garage at $30/day.  For “select dates” parking is $25/day prepaid at the new South Boston Waterfront Transportation Center, located at 406 Summer Street across from the Waterside Place in the Seaport District. A free shuttle to the Cruiseport is offered.  I’m not even sure how you get into the garage, but it’s supposed to be signed.

I just went went by the new parking center yesterday on the Silver Line bus.  Congress Street outside the street level Silver Line World Trade Center entrance is all torn up.  To get to the Seaport hotel entrance on Seaport Lane you have to walk back to the light at Ave B and then walk down the other side of Congress St to Seaport Lane.  The other option would be to take the elevator in the Station entrance up to World Trade Center Ave and enter the upper level of the hotel from there.

23 hours ago, 138east said:

The problem is that things have changed substantially since 2-3 years ago.  There are basically now 2 parking options as detailed here: http://www.massport.com/cruiseport/to-from-cruiseport/parking-directions/

The closest parking “a block away” is at the EDIC parking garage at $30/day.  For “select dates” parking is $25/day prepaid at the new South Boston Waterfront Transportation Center, located at 406 Summer Street across from the Waterside Place in the Seaport District. A free shuttle to the Cruiseport is offered.  I’m not even sure how you get into the garage, but it’s supposed to be signed.

I just went went by the new parking center yesterday on the Silver Line bus.  Congress Street outside the street level Silver Line World Trade Center entrance is all torn up.  To get to the Seaport hotel entrance on Seaport Lane you have to walk back to the light at Ave B and then walk down the other side of Congress St to Seaport Lane.  The other option would be to take the elevator in the Station entrance up to World Trade Center Ave and enter the upper level of the hotel from there.

Ok 138; since there were so few responses I figured I would offer my 2 cents from a few years back. Thx.

1 hour ago, Mid43 said:

Ok 138; since there were so few responses I figured I would offer my 2 cents from a few years back. Thx.

Thank you!  The Seaport is a very dynamic area currently undergoing many changes.  My office used to be there, but I only get there now when I fly out of Logan.  I was last there in Nov. I was really surprised to see all the construction activity on Congress St related to the new parking garage.  Any cruisers who haven’t sailed from there recently are going to be very surprised.  

It it would be great if any poster who gets there more frequently than I do could give us updates on the activity for the upcoming cruise season.  Also any experiences parking at the new South Boston Transportation Center would be very helpful.

My daughter cruised out of here last summer and said that there is parking on the pier,  very close just a short walk and you are in the terminal, is this no longer the case.  She also said there were police directing traffic and pointing you in the right direction for parking.  We are headed down in 10 days,  I hope that it hasn't changed.

2 hours ago, Pat said:

My daughter cruised out of here last summer and said that there is parking on the pier,  very close just a short walk and you are in the terminal, is this no longer the case.  She also said there were police directing traffic and pointing you in the right direction for parking.  We are headed down in 10 days,  I hope that it hasn't changed.

Have your daughter look at the massport website I posted.  The EDIC garage close to the pier is $30/day.  The South Boston Transportation Center is $25/day and has a shuttle bus.

• 1 month later...

I was checking Groupon and there is a place called Necco Street garage that is $76 for the week (!!) has anyone heard of it, or had any experience with this garage?

Its about a mile away, but I can drop off my luggage then park the car and walk back.

thanks,

christina

25 minutes ago, christinalvt said:

I was checking Groupon and there is a place called Necco Street garage that is $76 for the week (!!) has anyone heard of it, or had any experience with this garage?

Its about a mile away, but I can drop off my luggage then park the car and walk back.

thanks,

christina

Reviews seem OK.  Location is good.  From the garage you can walk across the bridge to the South Station “T” station and pay $3 to ride back to Black Falcon on the SilverLine SL2 bus.

16 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

I can also vouch for that garage, but keep it a secret, please!  It's one of the few bargains we have to park in the city!

I’m a bit wary that the price is too good to be true. Are you sure they do long term (weekly) parking? I hope that price is really for a week.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been out of Boston this year that can comment on the parking?  My dad has trouble walking.  He was expecting to park in the lot next to the terminal and just walk over.  This sounds like a nightmare.  I may tell him to call NCL about it since he's technically disabled.  There's a mention about a shuttle bus from the parking lot back to the terminal, but ugh.  Why did they have to go and change a good thing? 

On 5/21/2019 at 12:33 PM, gail-s said:

Has anyone been out of Boston this year that can comment on the parking?  My dad has trouble walking.  He was expecting to park in the lot next to the terminal and just walk over.  This sounds like a nightmare.  I may tell him to call NCL about it since he's technically disabled.  There's a mention about a shuttle bus from the parking lot back to the terminal, but ugh.  Why did they have to go and change a good thing? 

Hi I was just on the Gem in April and was able to park at the front of the Ship in the open parking lot. This is the same one I parked at in the past.  The cost had gone up to 25 dollars a day. One time when I got there after 11 it was full and I was directed to the Garage across the street. 

Thanks CruiserCindy!  My dad was so excited when he called me from the Gem that he was able to park in his "Normal lot".  It's not listed on the Port site. It was $25 a day but at 8:30 this morning they called me and they were already on L Street heading back to the Cape!  It sounds like they had fun.  I can't wait to talk to them about it on my ride home from work this afternoon.  

Just got back from my Gem sailing, I prepaid the parking at the South Boston Waterfront Transportation lot, and paid $154 for the week!! I was pleasantly surprised. There is a shuttle bus to the ship, very easy.

Christina

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, shirlov57 said:

Do we need to reserve a spot ahead of time or will we be able to find close parking on the morning of the cruise. 

There are 2 major choices.  The EDIC garage, which is within walking distance of the terminal for $25/day (http://www.parkingattheport.com/port-of-boston/) or prepay the parking at the South Boston Waterfront Transportation Center for $21/day including a free shuttle to the terminal (https://promo.parking.com/boston-cruise-ship-parking/).  Since you’re sailing on a Sunday, the chances are good that you can get a spot in the EDIC garage, but there are no guarantees. A space is guaranteed in the other garage, which is a new facility next to the World Trade Silver Line T stop.