Tenering at Bar Harbor

blythe

Approximately how long is the tender ride at Bar Harbor?

We will be on the Zaandam in August, scheduled in port from

7a.m. to 4p.m. Barring unforeseen problems, it seems that

we would be able to be ashore for an excursion by 10a.m.

Does this sound reasonable? Thanks.

7 hours ago, blythe said:

Approximately how long is the tender ride at Bar Harbor?

We will be on the Zaandam in August, scheduled in port from

7a.m. to 4p.m. Barring unforeseen problems, it seems that

we would be able to be ashore for an excursion by 10a.m.

Does this sound reasonable? Thanks.

This should be fine...We have done a 9:30am tour with Acadia National Park and were the first ones there easily by 9:00am 

Thank you for the replies. The cruise is from Boston to Montreal so Bar Harbor is our first stop. I've checked

both Olley's Trolleys and Acadia National Park Tours and am leaning towards the Acadia one. It leaves at 10a.m.

and lasts about 3 hours.  We've never done the NE/Canada route so I'm trying to get organized and plan ahead as

much as possible. If anyone has any recommendations for Sydney, Charlottetown, or Quebec I would be very

happy to know of them. 

15 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Shouldn't be an issue. When do you go to Bar Harbor, before or after Canada? If after, you will need to go through immigration.

The itinerary for my cruise has changed and we now go to Bar Harbor after leaving Halifax, NS.   We do have a sea day between the 2 ports.  Would we go through customs during the sea day?  If not, how long does it take when we arrive in Bar Harbor and what all is involved (ie...do we show up to a certain area on the ship and just show them our passports and turn in our claim cards and then go about our business? Are we called in groups?)

I've never had to do this before - only at the end of a cruise.  On our Alaska trip, when we took the train from Vancouver to Seattle, they stopped the train at the border and we just had to hold our passports up to our face so the agent could look at them as they walked through each car.  Is it something like that?

4 hours ago, blythe said:

Thank you for the replies. The cruise is from Boston to Montreal so Bar Harbor is our first stop. I've checked

both Olley's Trolleys and Acadia National Park Tours and am leaning towards the Acadia one. It leaves at 10a.m.

and lasts about 3 hours.  We've never done the NE/Canada route so I'm trying to get organized and plan ahead as

much as possible. If anyone has any recommendations for Sydney, Charlottetown, or Quebec I would be very

happy to know of them. 

We very much enjoyed our tour with Acadia. Very easy to book online with them. You then take your voucher to Testa's restaurant just up the hill from the tender pier and they will give you your ticket...the bus is then parked across the street. Get on early and try for the front seats...we did and they were great. After the tour take your ticket back to Testa's restaurant for a discount on lunch...wonderful food !!! Enjoy !

3 hours ago, olemissreb said:

The itinerary for my cruise has changed and we now go to Bar Harbor after leaving Halifax, NS.   We do have a sea day between the 2 ports.  Would we go through customs during the sea day?  If not, how long does it take when we arrive in Bar Harbor and what all is involved (ie...do we show up to a certain area on the ship and just show them our passports and turn in our claim cards and then go about our business? Are we called in groups?)

I've never had to do this before - only at the end of a cruise.  On our Alaska trip, when we took the train from Vancouver to Seattle, they stopped the train at the border and we just had to hold our passports up to our face so the agent could look at them as they walked through each car.  Is it something like that?

Once in Bar Harbor, immigration agents will come aboard. You will be told where/when to meet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blythe said:

Thanks, Ashland. When you book online do you have to pay in advance or do they

collect the fare when you go pick up your ticket at Testa's?

We paid in advance. Then showed our email confirmation to the hostess at Testa's...she checked our name off the list and gave us our ticket. Very easy, and below is their cancellation policy.

What is the cancellation policy?

We offer a full refund with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Cruise Ship Passengers: We offer a full refund should your cruise ship cancel port, or should you be unable to tender ashore due to weather.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Once in Bar Harbor, immigration agents will come aboard. You will be told where/when to meet.

So if I schedule a tour at 10:30 will I be ok?  We are in port from 7a-6p and my mom and I would like to do the Ollie's Trolley Downtown Bar Harbor tour that starts at 10:30. Then do lunch and then the Ollie's Trolley Acadia National Park Tour before returning to the ship or shopping a little before tendering back.

11 hours ago, mets123 said:

EThe ride itself is 10-15 minutes. The variables are now many tenders, what are passenger's priorities, and how fast they can load the tenders.

Thanks.  I guess mom and I should be ok for a 10:30 tour.