Opinion on itinerary

a,j,&fam

Opinion on itinerary  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Itinerary would you choose?

• Nassau / Princess Cay
    • Freeport / Havana

People will crap all over both because it's fun to hate Freeport and Nassau. If you can't enjoy yourself at one of those, I say you just stay home.

With that said, I have the second itinerary next month. Will be my first time to Princess Cays. With that I would choose the other as a next one since I have never been to Cuba. On my next trip to Freeport, I kind of want the new private area to be done, but I also want to go to Gold Rock Beach. There's always things to do!

Neither!! Going on an all Cuba cruise in November to actually see the country and not just Havana!

No interest in the Bahamas or Nassau at all!

Interesting the folks get upset over Cuba when we have relationships with other Communist countries like Vietnam and China!

15 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

People will crap all over both because it's fun to hate Freeport and Nassau. If you can't enjoy yourself at one of those, I say you just stay home.

With that said, I have the second itinerary next month. Will be my first time to Princess Cays. With that I would choose the other as a next one since I have never been to Cuba. On my next trip to Freeport, I kind of want the new private area to be done, but I also want to go to Gold Rock Beach. There's always things to do!

Gold Rock Beach is beautiful!  If you have the time and the nerve and the inclination to DIY, I highly recommend it!   I don't generally like to DIY excursions in ports where we have such a short time, but on our last cruise there in 2017, I let my SIL talk me into doing this and am so glad I did!  We rented a car and did it all on our own.  Had the whole beach to ourselves for a few hours before the ship's (or maybe a hotel's? excursion showed up). 

\

2 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Interesting the folks get upset over Cuba when we have relationships with other Communist countries like Vietnam and China!

Am I to suppose you are referring to me with your term "folks"?  For the record, I am not upset.  Nor do I agree with every foreign policy and relationship that "we" have.  So in exactly what way is it "interesting"?  Are you implying I am in some way a hypocrite for not wanting to support Cuba with my tourism dollars because the U.S. government has these "relationships" with other Communist countries?  I am not the U.S. government.   Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of say as to how my tax dollars are spent.  I do, however, get to decide how I spend what the government lets me keep of my money.  And I choose not to spend it in Cuba.  But this is not the place for talks of politics.

The OP asked for our choice of itinerary and our reason for said choice.  I complied.  It's good for you that you are so easily interested, though.