Drop-Off at Pier 91 - Seattle

GuardCruisers

Driving from home to Seattle for a cruise out of pier 91.  Have 3 people, ;luggage for all and a power scooter.  Considering parking at the Armory (save a few bucks) that is 1/2 mile away.

My question is, is there a place close-by the terminal to drop off folks with disabilities and the luggage and scooter and then go to the parking lot alone?  Likewise at the end of the cruise, can I get all of the luggage together and leave the two of them and luggage somewhere close to the terminal and go get the car and pick them up.

My concern is the luggage for 3 ppl, when one is in a scooter and won't be able to wheel luggage around.  The scooter is not huge, but can be an issue on parking shuttles.

Thanks to anyone who has had a similar experience.

Hi GuardCruisers, 

My husband uses a scooter and we park at the Armory! I do rent a scooter for him and have it onboard and have HAL or Princess wheelchair him on. Our car is small and it's either the luggage or the scooter! Anyway there is no problem dropping people off at the port and then you going to park. You will pull in and the port parking folks will direct you to a drop-off point, you do the drop-off and then you can head over to the Armory to park. You might go ahead and get a porter at the drop-off so you don't have to worry about most of the luggage (just have your carry-ons to go through embarkation). The people at the Armory parking lot are great! Their parking spot for pick-up and drop-off is the last in the line but, on return, you can leave the others at the pick-up point and be back to pick them up. Enjoy your cruise! 

Karen

You can drop your passengers off at Pier 91 and they can either wait for you outside of the building, or head inside and they can start their own check-in process.  There is no waiting room inside the building for non checked-in passengers.  The pier can be windy, and there is limited outdoor seating.   If you do drop off your passengers, make sure that everyone has their own travel documents (passport) including you, as each individual will need  to show it to enter the building.

Have you asked the Armory folks if they can transport the scooter?  If so, it might be better to keep your travel group together.

As for your luggage, please take advantage of the porters at the pier.  Attach your cruise line issued  luggage tags before you drive to the pier and the porters can take your bags.  This will save you time, and your bags will be delivered to your stateroom.

We’ve parked at Seattle cruise ship parking lot (Armory) many times and like Karen has said the folks at the Armory parking lot are great. You’ve gotten some really good advice here. The only thing I can advise you to do would be to go on Youtube and enter this in the search “Embarkation Pier 91 Seattle” there are some good videos on Pier 91. This will give you an idea as to what to expect.  Go on Google maps and enter “Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91” you’ll see 2 long blue buildings at the center of the Pier, the one on the left is for taxi’s, limo’s and private vehicles that are dropping off passengers. The long blue building is for unloading bus and shuttles, Seattle cruise ship shuttles use the parking space at the far end of the blue building. It’s a pretty good hike into the cruise terminal from where the shuttle drops you off, about 100 yards or so. It’s about the same for those dropping off passengers in private vehicles. I hope that has been some help to you.