Amsterdam city center hotels

hmatt

Yes - we have. Our all time favorites are boutique options and are both located on canals.

Hotel Estherea - central location, great breakfast, singel canal.

Seven one Seven - converted old canal mansion, great location on Prinsengracht, good breakfast, our room overlooked the canal.

We have also stayed at the Movenpick & Pulitzer - liked them too.

Edited by dogs4fun

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not in the city center, but so easy to get to on the Metro (station is almost right outside the hotel).  We just stayed at The Student hotel--the one on Wilburstraut.  Very young, chic and hip--which we are not--but for all ages.  Great room, although small, seems brand new, lots of amenities.  Price was $132 plus taxes.

I doubt if it took 10 minutes from the Central Station, and less than that to some other city center stops.

We bought IAmsterdam cards which allowed unlimited rides on subway, buses and trams and one canal ride and admission to almost all attractions as well.  Next time I might get the one that also allows train travel and travel outside the city.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We bought IAmsterdam cards which allowed unlimited rides on subway, buses and trams and one canal ride and admission to almost all attractions as well.  Next time I might get the one that also allows train travel and travel outside the city.

If I may suggest use of the railway system to travel to a few towns (I am sure I forget a few)?: to Haarlem, Alkmaar, Leiden, The Hague (Den Haag (!) ), Delft, Dordrecht, Gouda, Rotterdam (!), Utrecht, Middelburg (!), Breda, 's Hertogenbosch, Maastricht (!), Arnhem,  and nearby in Belgium: Antwerp. etc.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

It's not in the city center, but so easy to get to on the Metro (station is almost right outside the hotel).  We just stayed at The Student hotel--the one on Wilburstraut.  Very young, chic and hip--which we are not--but for all ages.  Great room, although small, seems brand new, lots of amenities.  Price was $132 plus taxes.

I doubt if it took 10 minutes from the Central Station, and less than that to some other city center stops.

Next time check the ARRT card which covers some areas outside Amsterdam. https://www.iamsterdam.com/en/plan-your-trip/getting-around/public-transport/amsterdam-region-travel-ticket

1 hour ago, Ine said:

Next time check the ARRT card which covers some areas outside Amsterdam. https://www.iamsterdam.com/en/plan-your-trip/getting-around/public-transport/amsterdam-region-travel-ticket

If we get back there, I will.  We only had 2.5 days there anyway, and probably saw as much as we could in that limited time.  I would have enjoyed getting out into the countryside more, but time just was against us.

• Like 1

We've stayed at the Marriott in the Red Light District and Museum District.  Both were located near trams to get us everywhere we wanted to go.  Red Light District is "not scary".  Mom and I walked the streets at night and never felt unsafe!

Side Note:  Book a tour with DamTours Free Walking Tours.  Local guides, visit areas off the beaten tourists path, tip at the end of your tour.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 3:21 AM, Ine said:

Banks Mansion on a canal near Rembrandtsplein, Swissotel near Dam square

First time to Amsterdam and we are staying there in late July for 4 nights prior to our cruise.  Can't wait!

• Like 1