Lobster Night

Saturn Sky

1 hour ago, summersigh said:

If CCL put lobster on the Lido Buffet they'd need "Lobster Police" just like the "Bacon Police" already in place at breakfast. 👮‍♂️🥓

Only because some people can't be trusted to not act like every meal is their last.

Never seen lobster on any Carnival buffet, but have read on another cruising website that it does happen on lines like Princess and HAL.

10 hours ago, summersigh said:

If CCL put lobster on the Lido Buffet they'd need "Lobster Police" just like the "Bacon Police" already in place at breakfast. 👮‍♂️🥓

I have yet to encounter these "bacon police," but they will be risking their lives if they get between me and bacon before I've had coffee. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I have yet to encounter these "bacon police," but they will be risking their lives if they get between me and bacon before I've had coffee. 

They had Bacon Police on the Breeze in December but the coffee station is on the way to the bacon :classic_biggrin:

Goes to show taste is very subjective. I will always pass on the lobster, I find it over rated.  My sister has been cruising since the 80's, back in the day lobster was quite common on almost all cruises, now not so much.  She also misses the midnight buffet, she still enjoys cruising but the entire industry has changed in the last 30 years. 

13 minutes ago, yankinuk said:

Goes to show taste is very subjective. I will always pass on the lobster, I find it over rated.  My sister has been cruising since the 80's, back in the day lobster was quite common on almost all cruises, now not so much.  She also misses the midnight buffet, she still enjoys cruising but the entire industry has changed in the last 30 years. 

13 minutes ago, yankinuk said:

I missed the midnight buffet too, when did ccl cut it?

8 minutes ago, Fatcat604 said:

I missed the midnight buffet too, when did ccl cut it?

Well I am a first time cruiser, unable to answer that one for you.  Perhaps some of the cruise veterans here could chime in.  My sister almost exclusively cruises RCL, she has some great pics from her early cruises of the midnight buffets, real elaborate spreads, almost a work of art!!   

21 hours ago, navairsyscom said:

On lobster night are they also served in the carnival buffet? I remember that on one cruise we got lobster in the buffet.

Please note that lobster is now only available on cruises of six days or longer.  It is usually served on the first elegant night in the MDR.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yankinuk said:

I will always pass on the lobster, I find it over rated.  

My last experience with ordering lobster was abysmal.  The texture was rubber and I am positive that my boiled "croc" would have delivered more flavor.  No thanks...fooled me once...well, you know the rest.  

I've never seen lobster at the buffet, but I'm always in the dining room on lobster night.  I've always enjoyed mine, as have my travel companions.  As far as I know, you can still order as many as you like.  You sure could in 2015 & 2016.

2 hours ago, HillBilly Bob said:

My last experience with ordering lobster was abysmal.  The texture was rubber and I am positive that my boiled "croc" would have delivered more flavor.  No thanks...fooled me once...well, you know the rest.  

I just don't get the whole lobster thing lol I mean to each their own, it looks like a brain coming out of that poor creature which has been drawn and quartered.    

10 hours ago, yankinuk said:

Goes to show taste is very subjective. I will always pass on the lobster, I find it over rated.

Me too, I actually prefer shrimp and scallops over a lobster tail. Although I have enjoyed whole steamed fresh lobster a few times before when in New England, but the tails on cruises don't come anywhere close to that experience. 

10 hours ago, yankinuk said:

My sister has been cruising since the 80's, back in the day lobster was quite common on almost all cruises, now not so much.

Lobster was more common period back then, but like with some other seafood, due to increased demand, over fishing and new regulations, the availability isn't what it used to be and that increased prices and of course that caused lobster on a cruise to be less common.

12 hours ago, scpirate said:

No lobster .your lucky if you see a shrimp on lido.

I must have been lucky then on my last two cruises when we ate dinner there. 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:48 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

The problem is that the Bacon Police have the tongs.....

I've never seen it on the buffet.  Someone mentioned lack of shrimp? For my cruise in February, shrimp was available every night in some form at the Lido buffet, most often breaded and deep fried.