Does Princess have an afternoon tea on their ships

smilejesuslovesu

6 minutes ago, smilejesuslovesu said:

I was just wondering is Princess has an afternoon tea on their ships.

Thanks for any info that you can give.

Yes, it was at 3pm in one of the DR's, no charge. It is listed on the back page of the Princess Patter. On Royal Class ships a few times during the cruise they have a Royal tea in the Piazza, $10, $20 with champagne.

Love the scones. Surprisingly the small sandwiches are usually pretty good as well. We usually make it at least once - more depending on the length of the cruise. If one has early TD then the tea is out as it is far too close to the (idiotically) early time for dinner.

• 9 months later...

Can only comment on the two ships we've sailed on our last 8 Princess cruises, Regal and Sky, and nearly always at Christmas and New Years these past 6 years...

Both have had MDR tea every day, except embarkation day. You can ask to be seated with others at a larger table or request a small table for your party. We always go at 3:15 and are able to be immediately seated. There's a bit of a line up if you arrive right at 3:00.

Love the level of service and variety of sandwiches and pastries. Of course, I'm really only going for the scones (raisin or plain) with cream and jam 🙂. We had multiple generations this last holiday cruise and it was a nice way for everyone to get together in a low key way in the middle of the day on a couple of occasions. Made the grandparents happy to have all the grandkids there as our party was too large to do dinners together. Made the grandkids happy as they didn't have to get changed or take a lengthy amount of time out of their activities. It's one of the many things Princess does that keeps me coming back; hopefully, it never falls to budget cuts.

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

How many tea choices do they offer?

The pot they come round with has plain black (oolong?) tea.  I always ask for Earl Grey and they give me my own little pot with tea bag.  They seem to have a good variety but you have to ask.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AF-1 said:

How many tea choices do they offer?

Two choices: "Y'auntsometea, err'not?"

Seriously though - as another poster said standard is bringing around a pot of a plain english tea blend (think English Breakfast), other options can be requested - they will even bring the box for you to select from along with a small pot of boiling water to steep it yourself.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:59 PM, CanadianBurger said:

Looks like they changed things. On the Crown last month Afternoon Tea in the MDR was only available on sea days. 

Same on the Pacific Princess recently. But the scones, etc (but not the small sandwiches) are available every afternoon in the buffet area.