Adventure Ocean - Staff contacting parents

I know they call the room....  Are you going to be paying for wifi?  If so, I am sure you can leave your number with them. 

I am not sure if there are other mechanisms in place, but I hope so...  my kid is older and is self check out, and also has a cell phone.

The parents of the 3-5 group get, well, used to be pagers but I would guess they use phones now. Older groups they will call the room. I’m sure if it’s a major emergency, you will be paged. 

• Clarea changed the title to Adventure Ocean - Staff contacting parents
On 3/26/2019 at 2:49 PM, CruiseMelissa said:

Grandeur doesn't give you anything for any age group.  They said they'd try your room then make a ship-wide announcement if they really needed you and couldn't find you. 

It's too bad. Last time I sailed them, 15-20yrs ago, Grandeur and Enchantment had pagers for parents with younger kids. They could page me for the older ones also since if had it for younger one. Was single parent raising 3, never left ship in Ports w/o the kids...

I'm pretty sure they will try to call your room first.

If there is no answer and its a serious situation, they will announce over the PA system

If it's a super, super six sigma issue, they will have Chops charge $10 to your seapass card to get your attention.

• Haha 2

Most ships, parents of 3 years olds and kids with extra needs get a phone or a pager on a first come basis, as theres aren't enough for all the parents that want them. Some older ships only have a handful of pagers so wont even give them to 3 year olds and save them for kids with very specific needs. 

If your kid asks to leave they'll call the room/leave a message. If your kid is really upset they'll call guest service and find out where you last used your card and try and track you. 

If it's an emergency they'll call you over the PA. 

If you think your kids going to be upset or want to leave, you can call or check in at AO as many times as you like. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, TTraub1250 said:

When a child is checked into Ocean Adventure and the staff needs to contact the parents for many different reasons, how does the staff get in quick contact with the parents ?  

Can  they add a Code K to Adventure like they do Code Alpha so that security can be summoned for a major issue or emergency which activates the Kd response team whob are trained o deal with children and those with disabilities?. 

On 3/26/2019 at 11:48 AM, Ashland said:

You're given a phone for the Aquanauts age group....as least we were on our last Harmony cruise.

The Sea ls Calling Answer It Royally! With this phone you could call all your  relatives and friends around the globe and tell them about your adventures on Royal. At the end of the cruise you see a SeaPass bill for 1000 in phone charges thinking Richard Fain was footing the bill. When the Sea Calls Yell Out I just spent 1000 on phome charges in 7 Days and I'm a Pinnacle CnA member. Royal Caribbean making memories last  a lifetime. 

Edited by travelplus

On 3/26/2019 at 2:49 PM, CruiseMelissa said:

Grandeur doesn't give you anything for any age group.  They said they'd try your room then make a ship-wide announcement if they really needed you and couldn't find you. 

When we sailed on Grandeur in 2013, they had a few pagers that they handed out - but our son was 3 at the time.  During our cruise, they paged us twice.  The first time he was the only one in the club and wanted to leave, and the second time he was hungry.  The pagers were old - maybe they finally got rid of them.