Cigar smoking on Grandeur

I was spoiled on my last cruise on the freedom with that cigar lounge. Spent almost ever night there and meet some great people. Any one smoke cigars on the Grandeur? It looks like i have to do it on the pool deck. Was wondering if they do the cigar under the sky like on other ships.  Really hoping they may be a regular few guys who smoke at night like there was on freedom. Really wish royal would put back the lounge on there ships.

I have to say, Deck 5 is a lovely place for a smoke (cigar) and a drink on Grandeur, especially when under way. I'm less excited by doing so up on the pool deck — at night there are many kids there watching movies and so on, which makes me hesitant to smoke (this was a MAJOR issue on Majesty, especially after sailing to Cuba, with many cigar smokers wanting to enjoy their new cigars). I'm going to be on Liberty in June and Anthem in July, and I suspect neither has a cigar lounge — but hopefully, will have a quiet, open, smoking area. 

Edited by mmcgann11

2 minutes ago, mmcgann11 said:

I have to say, Deck 5 is a lovely place for a smoke (cigar) and a drink on Grandeur, especially when under way. I'm less excited by doing so up on the pool deck — at night there are many kids there watching movies and so on, which makes me hesitant to smoke (this was a MAJOR issue on Majesty, especially after sailing to Cuba, with many cigar smokers wanting to enjoy their new cigars). I'm going to be on Liberty in June and Anthem in July, and I suspect neither has a cigar lounge — but hopefully, will have a quiet, open, smoking area. 

Looks like Liberty still has the Connoisseur Club.

DH and son were bummed there was no cigar lounge on Indy but they used Deck 5 one evening, and that was quiet, we all found a table to sit at with our drinks.  Then they were more bummed by the cigars bought in Costa Maya - they didn't have high hopes at all but these they said weren't even worth the effort to light!  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, mmcgann11 said:

thanks deck 5 will be my spot it seems.

16 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

DH and son were bummed there was no cigar lounge on Indy but they used Deck 5 one evening, and that was quiet, we all found a table to sit at with our drinks.  Then they were more bummed by the cigars bought in Costa Maya - they didn't have high hopes at all but these they said weren't even worth the effort to light!  

lol thanks yeah they are many treads in my cigar forum about all the fake Cubans in mexico, not worth taking risk and buying cigars there.  

Just now, drunkfish3 said:

lol thanks yeah they are many treads in my cigar forum about all the fake Cubans in mexico, not worth taking risk and buying cigars there.  

We believe it, we suspected as much but figured they'd try it on a couple - they didn't buy bottom of the barrel nor top of the heap thankfully but will definitely just bring own and for Cuba to try a Cuban one!

51 minutes ago, drunkfish3 said:

Definitely worth the little extra to buy from a true store like any of the  la casa del habano I went to one in st martin and all was good.

Good info, thank you!  That was the one thing I forgot to research ahead of our trip so will definitely get the inside scoop depending on the ports we next visit!

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Looks like Liberty still has the Connoisseur Club.

Yes, it appears so, upon further review based on the deck plans. I thought I read RCI was phasing them out due to lack of use. I shall make good use of it on Liberty — and find a proper spot on Anthem.

31 minutes ago, mmcgann11 said:

Yes, it appears so, upon further review based on the deck plans. I thought I read RCI was phasing them out due to lack of use. I shall make good use of it on Liberty — and find a proper spot on Anthem.

They are for sure phasing them out, but I think the reason is to add more revenue space elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I am a gal who smokes cigars AND sails Grandeur every year. Deck 5 is where you will find the cigar smokers. We tend to always congregate by night 2. It is so much nicer down there than on the pool deck.

Thanks

On 3/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, Host Clarea said:

On Grandeur, cigar smoking would be limited to one side of the outside of decks 5, 9, and 10.

Actually, I think only 5 and 9.  Not 10.

On 3/27/2019 at 11:45 AM, drunkfish3 said:

Definitely worth the little extra to buy from a true store like any of the  la casa del habano I went to one in st martin and all was good.

La Casa del Habano is a state store, owned by the Cuban gov.  So you know you are getting the real thing.

• Like 1