PARKING IN NEW JERSEY

THE G TEAM

No....you might want to investigate The Parking Spot (as opposed to SPOT) by EWR then take their shuttle to the airport and hop on the shuttle to the Hilton Penn Station.  (https://www.theparkingspot.com/locations/new-york-newark?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI35blp9Wi4QIVEo_ICh08wAKwEAAYASAAEgKzVPD_BwE)

I say NOT to use SPOT since the reviews are not that good, even though it's the same company.....(it's a little cheaper and is in the same basic area as the other 2 places but the main issue seems to be the shuttle)

You don't want to leave your car in downtown Newark for 10 days.  Actually, could you possibly entertain coming down via Amtrak to NY Penn and then hopping NJ Transit to Newark Penn?  

I used to like SNAP parking but I've been getting bad feelings and seeing just fair reviews about them.  You REALLY have to be careful where you leave your car. The Parking Spot locations look to be the most popular and safest in that area.

Are you locked into the Hilton Penn Station?  If you're driving, that's not really the best choice....you may want to entertain one of the hotels on International Blvd (exit 13A of the NJ Turnpike) ... Courtyard or Residence Inn Newark/Elizabeth OR Embassy Suites Newark....

Just an idea..

Edited by megr1125

Thanks for the information meg1125.  I should have outlined our plan in my original post.  We wanted to drive up from Atlantic City, park our car in a reasonable and safe parking facility for 10 days, get a hotel in that area and spend 2 days exploring New York City (we've never been) before a 7 day round trip cruise out of New York.   After the cruise, we'd planned to pick up our car and drive home to Canada. We are not locked into the Hilton, we just liked the fact that it was next to the train station, making getting back and forth to New York fairly easy, but there doesn't seem to be any long term parking nearby. Under the circumstances, I think the International Boulevard hotels are a bit far out for our purposes.  Now that you know what we'd like to do - any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sounds like you are cruising from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.  If so, I would park at the pier.  Secure, and you can't beat the convenience.  Once you disembark, you'll be in your car quickly and on your way.  If you stay in NJ pre-cruise, just drive in to the city in the morning and park at the pier.   Or, stay at a hotel in Manhattan, pay for two nights of expensive parking (but have no commute to and from Jersey for your sightseeing), and then drive to the pier on the morning of your departure.

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

Thats not easy-- you definitely dont want to park your car in downtown Newark. Its expensive and alot of lots are not well protected at night-- especially for a car that would be there for a while. I too would suggest using a long term lot at Newark International Airport. You can then take the monorail to the Newark Airport train station and catch NJ Transit into New York Penn Station quite easily. You might even consider staying in NYC instead of NJ to save some time since the car will be taken care of already. 

Those hotels are not that bad actually.  You can take the shuttle over to the airport or you can hop on the bus which I think still stops by those hotels..(that said, I've never taken it...I think Carol 138East is the expert on that)

Hmmm......there is no long term parking unless it's by EWR and honestly, having seen most of the off site lots, I'd only go with the Parking Spot.

Ahh, Atlantic City eh?  Where are you staying??  The Borgata and the Hard Rock are the nicest.  Ocean is good too..Hard Rock is gorgeous but it's LOUD.....

Parking in NYC is probably the easiest and then you could just stay with the Hilton Penn and park there for the couple nights.  

You could try Jersey City though you'll still have the parking expense.  Let me think on this.....I'm thinking maybe Weehawkin and take the ferry?  Hmmmmm

How about driving to Port Imperial and parking there for 10 days @ $20/day? Pre cruise you could look at the Secaucus hotels at Harmon Meadows and take the bus in and out of NYC.  More details about this option could be provided.