Copenhagen Disembark 4/29/19

Disembarking the Regal Princess at Oceankai on Monday morning 4/29. A workday. The issue is catching a train at Copenhagen Central at 8:20 am.

Have done this cruise before, disembarked, cleared customs/immigration, grabbed a taxi to the station and this all took no more than 40 minutes.

But those disembarks have always been on a Sunday with less traffic. Trains are few and far between due to work on the tracks between CPH and Hamburg, our destination.

The 8:20 train is the best option. I think it's doable. Mrs. Redrightreturning, not so much. I know it requires a perfect world, ship on time (arrv 5am), Danish customs open shop on time (7am). My big concern is traffic. Anyone with local experience........am I nuts?

Hi,

I have no experience with disembarking in Copenhagen, so I won't say anything about that. But I have a lot of experience with getting around in Copenhagen:

If you are lucky, it will take just over 15 minutes to drive. If you are (very) unlucky, it will take 30 minutes. Then add some time to pay and the time you need at the station. It's a good idea to buy something to eat and drink, as you can't buy this onboard the train (except for cold beverage vending machine - card only).

If, for some imaginary reason, taking a taxi all the way to Copenhagen Central Station is not an option - you could take a taxi to Nordhavn or Østerport station and take an S-train to Copenhagen Central Station from there.

Edited by I_am_a_Dane

6 hours ago, Danish viking said:

Have you seen that there is a direct bus to the Hamburg train that departs at 11:10 that arrives in Hamburg at 16:16.

This replacement bus goes to Rødby Færge from where you catch the regular train to Hamburg.

Thanks for your reply. Yes that is option B at this point.  The drawback is the SEV bus to Roedby is not reservable and I am afraid of not having seats. The train section of the trip however is reservable. 

18 hours ago, I_am_a_Dane said:

Hi,

I have no experience with disembarking in Copenhagen, so I won't say anything about that. But I have a lot of experience with getting around in Copenhagen:

If you are lucky, it will take just over 15 minutes to drive. If you are (very) unlucky, it will take 30 minutes. Then add some time to pay and the time you need at the station. It's a good idea to buy something to eat and drink, as you can't buy this onboard the train (except for cold beverage vending machine - card only).

If, for some imaginary reason, taking a taxi all the way to Copenhagen Central Station is not an option - you could take a taxi to Nordhavn or Østerport station and take an S-train to Copenhagen Central Station from there.

Thanks for your reply. So it sounds like traffic isn’t much different on a Monday v. Sunday. 

On 3/28/2019 at 3:31 AM, redrightreturning said:

Thanks for your reply. Yes that is option B at this point.  The drawback is the SEV bus to Roedby is not reservable and I am afraid of not having seats. The train section of the trip however is reservable. 

I am pretty sure there is a seat for everyone on the replacement busses. It's only passengers going to Germany using it.

3 hours ago, frederik123456 said:

I am pretty sure there is a seat for everyone on the replacement busses. It's only passengers going to Germany using it.

Okay that makes sense. Are there multiple busses if train reservations warrant? And would you know where that bus departs? The bus area on the Tivoli side of the train station? Thanks for your help!

19 minutes ago, redrightreturning said:

Okay that makes sense. Are there multiple busses if train reservations warrant? And would you know where that bus departs? The bus area on the Tivoli side of the train station? Thanks for your help!

I have done this twice, once in Germany and once in Spain. There were enough buses for everyone. (In this case it is probably good to pre-book, so they have an idea of how many people are needing the bus.)

According to DSB, the replacement bus departs from "Banegårdspladsen" by the exit towards Vesterbrogade. So I suppose it's about here: https://goo.gl/maps/8S8os6HbVb82

It's a good idea to reserve tickets in advance in any case. The cheapest tickets have been sold though. Currently the 8:20 is at 49 Euros and the 11:10 is at 59 Euros (advance tickets start at 29 Euro). Walk-up fare is ~90 Euros (but seat reservation may sell out on the Hamburg train, it's a quite popular route, and there is capacity problems)

Edited by frederik123456

23 hours ago, frederik123456 said:

According to DSB, the replacement bus departs from "Banegårdspladsen" by the exit towards Vesterbrogade. So I suppose it's about here: https://goo.gl/maps/8S8os6HbVb82

It's a good idea to reserve tickets in advance in any case. The cheapest tickets have been sold though. Currently the 8:20 is at 49 Euros and the 11:10 is at 59 Euros (advance tickets start at 29 Euro). Walk-up fare is ~90 Euros (but seat reservation may sell out on the Hamburg train, it's a quite popular route, and there is capacity problems)

Thanks! Booked the Bus-Ferry-Train this morning. Makes the most sense, no reason to stress and rush disembarkation. Still get to Hamburg at a decent time in the afternoon. Thanks for the map, close proximity to the Bahnhof, should be easy to find the bus.