Cruise Critic Community
Host Carolyn

Excited to Host this MSC Board

Hi, everyone!

I will be hosting this Board for Cruise Critic.  Been a moderator here on Cruise Critic since about 1998, although have taken a few breaks due to work issues.  But now retired I'm looking for some fun "work" and talking about cruises is right up my alley.  Although I have not yet cruised on MSC I have friends near Miami who have been enjoying the cruise experience on MSC for several years so hopefully I will be cruising with them soon as well.

If you check the other pinned post, you will see that MSC is now hosting Meet & Mingle parties for Cruise Critic members on all sailings departing from U.S. ports.  Be sure and sign up for one if you are booked. I'm told by a reliable source they throw a very nice party!

See you around the board~

Caro

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

The Meraviglia is not listed on the Meet and Mingle list of ships. 

Could that be because they aren’t sailing out of US yet. I’m sure they will be added at a later date. 

Hopefully CC and MSC will consider beginning the M&Ms on Meraviglia for her New York sailings prior to her arriving in Miami.

6 hours ago, laurenwx13 said:

Does anyone know the priority boarding time for MSC? Our says 3:10 but that seems LATE.

Depends on when the ship docks which one are you going on and what port and whatt time does the ship sail

On 3/31/2019 at 11:53 PM, laurenwx13 said:

Does anyone know the priority boarding time for MSC? Our says 3:10 but that seems LATE.

Lauren. There is no priority time as such but when you turn up, you get to use a priority line. If your ship docks at 0800, you can usually board from 10.30 onwards. Exception may be at Miami where they need to clear the ship first.

Hi Carolyn,

Any idea when Meragvilia will be added to the drop down list on Cruise Critic for signing up for a Meet and Mingle?

We loved the one on Divina and are looking forward to it on the Meragvilia as well.

Thanks.

On 4/5/2019 at 10:15 AM, Arzeena said:

Hi Carolyn,

Any idea when Meragvilia will be added to the drop down list on Cruise Critic for signing up for a Meet and Mingle?

We loved the one on Divina and are looking forward to it on the Meragvilia as well.

Thanks.

Hi Arzeena.....see you on the Meragvilia in October!!!  Love the Meet and Mingles on MSC......  How are you and RJ?  Thank you Carolyn for hosting the MSC Board!!! 

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX

On 4/7/2019 at 9:58 PM, GRANNYOFSIX said:

Hi Arzeena.....see you on the Meragvilia in October!!!  Love the Meet and Mingles on MSC......  How are you and RJ?  Thank you Carolyn for hosting the MSC Board!!! 

See you too.

I hope they have it!

24 minutes ago, GRANNYOFSIX said:

I have faith that they will 🙂

Hope your faith is well-placed, Laura.  :classic_biggrin:

I'm really hoping that there will be an M&M for the New York sailings.  It would be in MSC's best interest to have them as there'll be quite a lot of Americans onboard from what I gather.  Having experienced one very recently on Armonia, they really are geared toward those from the US as MSC is relying on them to spread the word about the company in an effort to grow the market in that region.

At least there's an active roll call with a lot of interest in the Meet & Greet that's being organised;  we'll at least have that!

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Hope your faith is well-placed, Laura.  :classic_biggrin:

I'm really hoping that there will be an M&M for the New York sailings.  It would be in MSC's best interest to have them as there'll be quite a lot of Americans onboard from what I gather.  Having experienced one very recently on Armonia, they really are geared toward those from the US as MSC is relying on them to spread the word about the company in an effort to grow the market in that region.

At least there's an active roll call with a lot of interest in the Meet & Greet that's being organised;  we'll at least have that!

I guess time will tell 🙂  We cruised on the Divina this past January and missed the Meet & Greet.  Unfortunately if I'm not mistaken it was at a time that didn't work for us for some reason or another.  Sure do hope the Meraviglia hosts a Meet & Greet for all of us!  Fingers crossed 🙂

We're sailing on the "Divina" winter 2020.  3rd winter Caribbean sailing on the Divina and 4th time on MSC.  Yes.....MSC does the nicest reception of any line we've ever sailed on for their M&G.  Very, very nice refreshments and top officers and staff meet, mingle and chat with guests.  They truly make you feel appreciated that you chose MSC. 

Edited by marco

Hi Carolyn,

I was on MSC Seaside on March 30, 2019.  I signed up for the meet and mingle.  I have to say it was a very nice event. The drinks and appetizers were very plentiful.  I definitely encourage any cruise critic members to take advantage of the meet and mingle.

We were on the Inaugural of Seaside from Miami in December of 2017 and they didn't open up a Meet and Mingle for it until November I believe it was. We were going to reserve a space and make hold our own, but luckily they opened it up. But we kept asking both CC and MSC - I messaged the cruise director a few times as well. We had over 200 at the first MM on Seaside 🙂

Hello

New to the MSC boards.

Is there a specific Stateroom thread for each class of MSC ships that pax put in the information on staterooms (bed by bath or balcony, noise level, soot, etc etc?) ?  

TY

On 5/28/2019 at 6:03 PM, Fogfog said:

Hello

New to the MSC boards.

Is there a specific Stateroom thread for each class of MSC ships that pax put in the information on staterooms (bed by bath or balcony, noise level, soot, etc etc?) ?  

TY

@Host Carolyn

Can we start one? See above question. TY

On 3/28/2019 at 5:43 PM, Host Carolyn said:

..... Hi, everyone!

I will be hosting this Board for Cruise Critic.  Been a moderator here on Cruise Critic since about 1998...   But now retired I'm looking for some fun "work" ...... Although I have not yet cruised on MSC I have friends near Miami who have been enjoying the cruise experience on MSC for several years......    MSC is now hosting Meet & Mingle parties for Cruise Critic members on all sailings departing from U.S. ports.  Be sure and sign up for one if you are booked. I'm told by a reliable source they throw a very nice party!

Caro

Caro! Looking forward to our First MSC Cruise too!  Divina Dec 17th, a 3 night getaway. Might we see you onboard?

On 4/7/2019 at 9:58 PM, GRANNYOFSIX said:

Just letting you know, we cancelled the Meragvillia.

It took 2 cruises to discover that MSC is not for us and made this decision after our most recent horrific experience on the Seaside cruise. If we even look at doing another MSC in the very far future, we will consider Yacht Club /Aurea only, since all the shining reviews seem to only come from YC cruisers.

Have fun, hope you have a better experience.

Edited by Arzeena

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Just letting you know, we cancelled the Meragvillia.

It took 2 cruises to discover that MSC is not for us and made this decision after our most recent horrific experience on the Seaside cruise. If we even look at doing another MSC in the very far future, we will consider Yacht Club /Aurea only, since all the shining reviews seem to only come from YC cruisers.

Have fun, hope you have a better experience.

Hi Arzeena.....so very sorry to hear you had a horrific experience on the Seaside cruise!!!!!!  Are you on FB?  Friend me and we can PM.......we did the YC once on the Seaside.......would like to hear your story.......we will miss you!!!!!

Long way from our cruise, wondering if Canned sparkle water/ bottle of wine is allowed like Carnival allowed on carryon?

On 3/28/2019 at 5:43 PM, Host Carolyn said:

Hi, everyone!

I will be hosting this Board for Cruise Critic.  Been a moderator here on Cruise Critic since about 1998, although have taken a few breaks due to work issues.  But now retired I'm looking for some fun "work" and talking about cruises is right up my alley.  Although I have not yet cruised on MSC I have friends near Miami who have been enjoying the cruise experience on MSC for several years so hopefully I will be cruising with them soon as well.

If you check the other pinned post, you will see that MSC is now hosting Meet & Mingle parties for Cruise Critic members on all sailings departing from U.S. ports.  Be sure and sign up for one if you are booked. I'm told by a reliable source they throw a very nice party!

Caro

Carolyn,   Many on our August 3rd Seaside sailing did not get the photo of the group. Are they still sending them to our cabins?  First time of many that I didn’t get one. Please let us know what’s going on abut this. 

Thanks, Mary Ann Beckham 

On 3/31/2019 at 6:53 PM, laurenwx13 said:

Usually you can board by 12pm. We have sailed on many MSC cruises so would be glad to answer whatever questions I can.

gerry