Embarkation day lunch

fizzy1

Hey Lanky Lad, do keep up with things  lol 😉  Yes on embarkation days the Carinthia Lounge ( formally the winter garden) is open for light plated lunch and snacks ( from 1pm)  and a full bar service is available whilst you are waiting. 

The Carinthia Lounge is one of the best places ( after the Commodore Bar) on the QM2 .   

Edited by Bell Boy

2 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Hey Lanky Lad, do keep up with things  lol 😉  Yes on embarkation days the Carinthia Lounge ( formally the winter garden) is open for light plated lunch and snacks ( from 1pm)  and a full bar service is available whilst you are waiting. 

The Carinthia Lounge is one of the best places ( after the Commodore Bar) on the QM2 .   

Thanks for the info

13 minutes ago, tv24 said:

I agree with Bell Boy.  The Carinthia is a good option on the day you board.  Not a big meal, but the quality is good and the space is superb and mellow.

This is just the place for us . When we sail With Celebrity everyone rushes to the buffet but we head straight up to the Aquaspa Cafe . Fab area with small plates of healthy food ,fresh fruit plates, smoothies etc . We are always first there   

Edited by fizzy1

9 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Whoops I might have to try it in July.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lanky Lad said:

Whoops I might have to try it in July.

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

Me too !

Yes, absolutely! It's especially good at the start of a voyage when most people haven't discovered it yet. Try the crepes, delicious! And it certainly beats wandering around Kings Court (which I still hate, even after the re-do).

• Like 1

We had embarkation lunch there this past Sept. on a Crossing. There was not a big selection but the one of the half dozen hot plates offered was a savory chicken and mushroom empanada that was to die for. As 3rdGen mentioned, the room was only about a third full that afternoon.

Jack

23 minutes ago, smarks said:

Hi all, this will be my first time on the QM2.  Could you please tell me where to find the Carinthia Lounge?  What deck?  Thanks. Sounds perfect.

The Carinthia Lounge is mid-forward on deck 7 of QM2, forward of the Kings Court buffet.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:44 PM, fizzy1 said:

Hi all, is the Corinthian Lounge on QM2 out of Southampton open on embarkation day  for drinks and smallfood plates?

Though we didn't try the Corinthian Lounge till we needed to get off at our second port of call during our sailing, the findings was great.

Rushing to depart at Boston at Noon for the day, the Kings Court was like a zoo. So after finding many of the special plates going fast with other passengers that came ahead of us, I ventured in the back of the Court and looked over the Lounge's offerings. Well I grab several great items and brought them to our table. Very well made starters, entrees and especially desserts were great. We were well satisfied during our day in Boston.

We are going to definitely make our way to the Lounge during our upcoming cruise in July.

One thing to keep in mind, the Court & Lounge does not offer food trays to carry your selections. If you dine in the either the KIng's or Corinthian Lounge, you should obtain a table in those rooms instead of carrying the food back and forth.. 

Bon Voyage

On 3/29/2019 at 10:35 PM, bluemarble said:

The Carinthia Lounge is mid-forward on deck 7 of QM2, forward of the Kings Court buffet.

bluemarble, thank you for all the help you have given me on this board.  All the information you have shared with me has really helped.  Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

FYi, I'm now on board QM2 getting ready for her eastbound crossing and the Carinthia Lounge was not serving the small lunch plates when I got there at 1:25pm. The area where those plates are offered was shuttered.

Did you bother to hang around or ask a crew member what time they expect the service to commence     In my post ( 3) I mentioned it opens from 1pm .  Was there a delay of about 25/30 mins or did it not open at all ? 

7 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Did you bother to hang around or ask a crew member what time they expect the service to commence     In my post ( 3) I mentioned it opens from 1pm .  Was there a delay of about 25/30 mins or did it not open at all ? 

I did not ask about it, but I did check back later around 2:00pm and the area where they set out the plated lunches was still not open then. Not sure what the situation was today.

Edited by bluemarble

47 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

My Daily Programmes from December say the Carinthia Lounge serves light snacks (such as the lunch plates) from noon to 11 PM on embarcation day. 

Screenshot_20190421-183912__01.thumb.jpg.f72aa1750c9b9b7458e72bd95902c35a.jpg

Yeah, not seeing the same thing in today's QM2 embarkation day daily programme. All it says is "Carinthia Lounge ...... 12.00pm to 11.00pm". No mention of light snacks.

Edit to add:

Just looked at tomorrow's daily programme and it says

"Carinthia Lounge ......7.00am to 11.00pm

(Light snacks 8.00am to 10.00am, 12.00pm to 2.30pm & 3.30pm to 5.00pm)"

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Yeah, not seeing the same thing in today's QM2 embarkation day daily programme. All it says is "Carinthia Lounge ...... 12.00pm to 11.00pm". No mention of light snacks.

Edit to add:

Just looked at tomorrow's daily programme and it says

"Carinthia Lounge ......7.00am to 11.00pm

(Light snacks 8.00am to 10.00am, 12.00pm to 2.30pm & 3.30pm to 5.00pm)"

This is what I recall. I have never seen continuous food service in Carinthia. It's my favorite beginning to a voyage-- a glass of fizz and a little something to eat in Carinthia.