Costa Cruises Passepartour Excursion Package?

00C

Does anyone have any experience of using the Passepartour excursion package? I'm considering it but the website says ' You will find a list of excursions available for your cruise directly in your cabin when you board.' and 'You can only book CostaTours! on board.' both of which are fine but I have some questions I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable can answer:

The list of excursions Costa offers for Palma shows a Passepartour logo next to several of them. Is it safe to assume that they would all be offered as options or only a couple of them?

Are any of the excursions in different ports mutually exclusive? Say I chose the most expensive excursion in one port, would that preclude me from choosing the most expensive in another?

Costa says the Passepartour only offers half-day trips but the list of excursions for Citavecchia shows the Passepartour logo next to the Free Time in Rome excursion which lasts 9 hours. What counts as a half-day trip?

Overall, if you've done this package, were you happy with it?  Anything I should know?

This is only my second cruise, on the first one I didn't book any excursions and regretted it. Having said that, I'm not overly fussy about what I do in each port as long as I get to do a couple of interesting things. I don't feel very confident about doing diy trips in case I miss the boat so I think I'd rather stick with arranged ones.

Firstly Rome is always a full days tour which ever one you chose as it is roughly 90 minutes away. All tour are a matter of personal choice & my advice is to do ships tours if they appeal, do study the options in every port on the Costa site.

The package of tours offered may look like a good deal but again are you sure they all appeal to you. Read lots of reviews that will give you an idea of peoples likes.

Depending on where you are from look at the roll call for Costa, many you can join up with other for group tours by mini-bus.

On that note if there are four of you mostly it pays to get off ship and do the same by taxi (getting price first)

Just ask if you have any question we want you to enjoy your cruises.

5 minutes ago, tenpin said:

The package of tours offered may look like a good deal but again are you sure they all appeal to you. Read lots of reviews that will give you an idea of peoples likes.

Depending on where you are from look at the roll call for Costa, many you can join up with other for group tours by mini-bus.

On that note if there are four of you mostly it pays to get off ship and do the same by taxi (getting price first)

Thanks for taking the time 🙂 I have been looking at excursion options for each port. I'm happy to do anything in Palma because I was there last year and did the sightseeing bus tour so feel like I saw what I wanted to see. In Palermo I'd like to go to the catacombs and the 'Mysterious Palermo' excursion covers that. In Citavecchia I'd like to do the Free Time in Rome. I don't have any ideas yet for Savona or Marseille. What I'm thinking is, if the Passepartour gives me the Rome and Palermo excursions (both show the logo next to them) that would cover 2/3rds of the cost and anything else would be fine with me. I'm going with my mum and she's happy to do most things but if any of the excursions allow her to shop or go to the beach she'd be pleased! I'm just trying to get a mix of things to keep us both happy.

I'll take a look at the roll call, thanks for suggesting it 👍