Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady

RMS Olympic

Pictures of the ships interior are slowly being posted on the Internet. Definitely different and colorful. I have to admit I’m getting more excited. It’s funny the ship makes me think of an Austin Powers movie set.

Maybe I’ll get a T-shirt that says... oh behave 😈

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 6:26 AM, jakebloke said:

I was looking to book the Oct 25th sailing as it'll be over my husband's 48th birthday. I too had some reservations about demographics etc, but now feeling somewhat relieved.  This is also the sailing that the BearCruise group will be on which I just found out about 5 minutes ago thanks to this thread.    We're not bears, but it's nice to know there will be a group of gay men on board.  I still might wait to hear how things go after a few sailings, but I'm also inclined to just give it a try!!.

Did someone mention bears?! 😉 Now that is going to be an interesting cruise!  Damn - we're on the September cruise ;(

Edited by pcalv

Seeing more and more of the ships interior, it truly is different. Although not my style of decor, how it works will be the big question. All the designs mean nothing without service.... good service. So I’m excited, a new cruise line, a new cruise ship and passengers that are willing to try something new. Let the fun and games begin 😜😝🤪😎

17 hours ago, RMS Olympic said:

Seeing more and more of the ships interior, it truly is different.

That is an understatement.  It is exciting to see all of the dramatic design choices and colors.  One thing that struck me when I looked at one of the videos was all of the heavy metal, industrial finishes especially in some of the outdoors areas.  I only really saw one room decorated in subtle, calming neutral hues and that is the only room that exuded much of a luxurious feel.  But it definitely has a fun feel.  One of the dining venues had a bit of a diner look to it.  And really only one pool?  That is different.  Looking forward to everyone's feedback when they sail.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 4:44 AM, JP82 said:

Good luck with THE (being the only one) Pool!

ERYP_cUXUAAVDxy?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I know that the pool (or lack of) is a huge discussion on threads and FB. It is one of the least of my concerns as I probably have only been in the pools on about 1/3 of the ships on which I've cruised. They may have considered that many cruisers only use the pool for a quick dip to cool off and get back out.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if everyone else here has been obsessively watching everything you can about the Scarlet Lady like I have, but since the transatlantic crossing there is so much more put out there. I liked the YouTube videos by Ben & David so much better than Emma's (much more positive). Everything I have seen has just gotten me more excited about this cruise. I can't wait until September!

I love Ben and David, but I wasn't sold from their Virgin Video? It seemed tooooo gushing. I think they may have been in bed with Virgin on that one.

Oddly I have always found Emma a little less gripping as a Vlogger. But I did feel with this one what she was saying was resonating more with my thoughts as I read the articles and watched all the videos over the last weeks on the ship.

• Like 1

I don't think that they are in bed with VV as much as they are just trying to sell cruises. As much as my sense of humor leans towards sarcasm, I tend to look on the positive side of things when it comes to vacations. I don't let little things bring me down and choose to focus on the positive. 

Well you have booked it and will be able to ascertain the reality of the situation for yourself soon. That's there best way.

I still love B&D videos but you can tell it's become a much more concentrated effort from them lately. They've always had great production value compared to most other Cruise bloggers. But now with all the pushes for Vision Cruises etc, and the monetising, I feel their opinions might become less honest?

I just got off the Scarlet Lady for 11 nights from Liverpool, England to Miami, FL.  If you have any questions, let me know.  She's a BEAUTIFUL ship!

I posted TONS of photos on my Facebook page.... check out The Cruise Boys.  I posted menus, photos, etc.

Edited by airlinerob

I think that a prudent decision was made today given what is going on, but I am sure there will be disappointments. Who has had to reschedule and who is rescheduling by choice?  My wife and I are still planning on going in September...fingers crossed.🤞🤞