Maasdam May 4, 2020

PFU92038

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

I think the error is the cruise on May 4 departs from Seattle, not Vancouver. The 14 day routes typically depart from Seattle.

In 2020 the 14 day cruise was originally scheduled to sail from Vancouver instead of Seattle.  I just checked POLAR (agent booking system) and see the 5/3 YVR-SEA 1 nt sailing. All the 14 night cruises are now listed as "Alaska Seattle" but still show a YVR Roundtrip. So either they are changing the deployment to Seattle and itineraries have not been updated or their crack IT department is at it again........

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

In 2020 the 14 day cruise was originally scheduled to sail from Vancouver instead of Seattle.  I just checked POLAR (agent booking system) and see the 5/3 YVR-SEA 1 nt sailing. All the 14 night cruises are now listed as "Alaska Seattle" but still show a YVR Roundtrip. So either they are changing the deployment to Seattle and itineraries have not been updated or their crack IT department is at it again........

Certainly one of the reasons we booked the 2020 14 day RT was because it was leaving from Vancouver.  Thanks for the heads-up.  I'll be watching to see how it shakes out. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Maasdam is coming up the California Coast as part of a 19-day cruise to Mexico.  Part of that cruise is a stop in Seattle and then Vancouver.  There is no boarding in Seattle but probably some will disembar there.  I did a similar cruise up the Pacific Coast with a stop in Seattle with excursions but no new boarding that ended in Vancouver.

Since there are no stops in Canada for this 14-day cruise, it has to depart from a Canadian port.

If you are on this May 4th cruise please join our roll call.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2606876-may-4-18-2020-maasdam-to-alaska-14-days-from-vancouver/

Edited by Crew News