Reporting from Azura - very poor, and much in need of that refit!

Harry Peterson

20 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Don't take any notice of what has been said on this thread just go and have a wonderful time, I'm sure you will😎

Thank you - we definitely will x

16 minutes ago, arendale1 said:

We’re just sailing away from Southampton on Ventura- our first ever P&O cruise. So far we’re loving it 👍 We’ve only sailed with Royal Caribbean previously. First impressions, we prefer RC, but nothing wrong with P&O - just smaller, but fine.

thank you - thats good to hear.  have a great time x

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miaandmum said:

hi ive been following this thread with interest as we are going on our first p&o cruise next saturday on the azura (usually cruise with royal caribbea). am wondering what weve let ourselves in for - im a 55 year old mail online reader - hoping to leave brexit behind for a week!

Fortunately, 99.9% of cruisers leave their politics - and newspapers - behind when they set sail.  I'm sure everyone will be pleased to leave Brexit behind at the moment - whichever way they voted!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, docco said:

Not those of us who have a genuine political interest in what's going on - and I'm sure it's considerably more than the 0.1% you suspect.

It tended to be the Remainers who wanted to talk about it, though, on our recent cruise.  Leave voters didn't want to discuss it.  I'm sure there's a reason for that.

Meet with me one day and I would guarantee a good intelligent discussion. I voted for Brexit, and will stand by it for solid reasons. would I discuss it on my cruise holiday - no chance, it is all 'doing my head in' at the moment

Edited by Presto2
Perhaps too judgemental
  • Like 1

We did the re-positioning cruise on Azura, had an issue as already reported it was sorted to our satisfaction, a few years ago my partner forgot his dress shoes again they were very helpful the reception officer lent his shoes for the first formal night then arranged for a new pair of shoes from the store to be delivered to the room for the other formal nights - excellent service.

On the evenings we opted for a change from the 2 of us eating together and joined a larger table every night the conversation turned to Brexit!!! 

Carpets a bit stained but cannot say I think she was shabby and worn, bed was comfy, room & bathroom was clean in all a good holiday and value for money  

• Like 1

I'm on Azura in September. I haven't sailed on her since 2013.  I'm expecting her to have a lived in feel, as she's due for a refit, but hopefully the cruise will still be enjoyable. 

We're on CMV's Columbus in three weeks time - CMV still have fixed table dining, and we are likely to be on a table with the same 6 or 8 people for the whole 10 days.  I'm PRAYING the conversation doesn't turn to Brexit, as I'll probably be in a Remain minority.  The trouble with me is, I can't keep quiet if I disagree with something.  If it got too bad, I think we'd have to go to the buffet each night! 

11 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I'm on Azura in September. I haven't sailed on her since 2013.  I'm expecting her to have a lived in feel, as she's due for a refit, but hopefully the cruise will still be enjoyable. 

We're on CMV's Columbus in three weeks time - CMV still have fixed table dining, and we are likely to be on a table with the same 6 or 8 people for the whole 10 days.  I'm PRAYING the conversation doesn't turn to Brexit, as I'll probably be in a Remain minority.  The trouble with me is, I can't keep quiet if I disagree with something.  If it got too bad, I think we'd have to go to the buffet each night! 

I’d be very interested to hear what you think of the two ships. Azura in 2011 was, I thought, very nice indeed.  I’d say the food’s actually improved since then, and the problems we had will hopefully not affect you.

As a Remainer you’ll have great fun!  Remainers tend to want to discuss what’s going on, so that’ll be OK, and Leavers tend not to want to talk about Brexit at all. They say they’re bored with it all, and can’t understand why we didn’t leave on the day after the referendum!

1 hour ago, docco said:

I’d be very interested to hear what you think of the two ships. Azura in 2011 was, I thought, very nice indeed.  I’d say the food’s actually improved since then, and the problems we had will hopefully not affect you.

As a Remainer you’ll have great fun!  Remainers tend to want to discuss what’s going on, so that’ll be OK, and Leavers tend not to want to talk about Brexit at all. They say they’re bored with it all, and can’t understand why we didn’t leave on the day after the referendum!

I'm not bored with it, just frustrated - hence the fact that it really will not be a conversation we have on our holiday with other cruisers. Even the P.M. and the rest of the M.P.s are having a break, so am pretty sure rest of us can. Thinking about it, having no T.V. may be a blessing in disguise ;-)

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I'm not bored with it, just frustrated - hence the fact that it really will not be a conversation we have on our holiday with other cruisers. Even the P.M. and the rest of the M.P.s are having a break, so am pretty sure rest of us can. Thinking about it, having no T.V. may be a blessing in disguise 😉

I voted Remain but don't want to talk about Brexit on a cruise.It has caused big fall outs between families and friends.Whilst on a cruise I was told never to discuss Religion, Politics or how much you paid for the cruise and I do try and stick to that!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nellie100 said:

We did the re-positioning cruise on Azura, had an issue as already reported it was sorted to our satisfaction, a few years ago my partner forgot his dress shoes again they were very helpful the reception officer lent his shoes for the first formal night then arranged for a new pair of shoes from the store to be delivered to the room for the other formal nights - excellent service.

On the evenings we opted for a change from the 2 of us eating together and joined a larger table every night the conversation turned to Brexit!!! 

Carpets a bit stained but cannot say I think she was shabby and worn, bed was comfy, room & bathroom was clean in all a good holiday and value for money  

What a gent that officer was.I hope he didn't have any holes in his socks.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:56 AM, docco said:

65+ and Daily Mail/Express readers. Not exclusively, obviously, but it’s a fair summary.

My husband and I are in our early 50's and enjoy the formal nights. Also seen many 20 and 30 year olds enjoying dressing up.

I've have enjoyed Azura when I've been on her, hope the OP is not put off by your comments!

Would never normally do this and post on holiday but  am currently sitting on a beautiful balcony, on a lovely ship, glass in hand in the sunshine is Norway.. The crew is amazing and we are full of praise for Azura. We were worried before  boarding but would not have swapped a thing. More when we get back. For anyone concerned ... don't be ... we would return in a heartbeat before or after her refit. Love her.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Would never normally do this and post on holiday but  am currently sitting on a beautiful balcony, on a lovely ship, glass in hand in the sunshine is Norway.. The crew is amazing and we are full of praise for Azura. We were worried before  boarding but would not have swapped a thing. More when we get back. For anyone concerned ... don't be ... we would return in a heartbeat before or after her refit. Love her.

Thank you for your positive feedback.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your fabulous cruise 

• Thanks 1

We're on Azura in June 3rd P o cruise Acadia just before her refit, Aurora last summer now Azura due for refit.

Must time the next cruise for after refit not that it bothers us beds comfy room nice and clean as was most places on the ships looking forward to trying Azura glad there's been more positive feedback. I thin k it's down to different expectations. 

20 minutes ago, Tikka234 said:

We're on Azura in June 3rd P o cruise Acadia just before her refit, Aurora last summer now Azura due for refit.

Must time the next cruise for after refit not that it bothers us beds comfy room nice and clean as was most places on the ships looking forward to trying Azura glad there's been more positive feedback. I thin k it's down to different expectations. 

I think you've hit the nail on the head there about expectations.

Probably the more you've paid the greater the expectations, but having paid for a full suite I'd have expected a shower that drained, constant hot water and TV channels which weren't out of action for most of the cruise.

Unreasonable?

1 minute ago, docco said:

Probably the more you've paid the greater the expectations, but having paid for a full suite I'd have expected a shower that drained, constant hot water and TV channels which weren't out of action for most of the cruise.

Unreasonable?

When in a suite you expect the best and your Butler or CS should have sorted these problems and like you I would not be happy either.

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When in a suite you expect the best and your Butler or CS should have sorted these problems and like you I would not be happy either.

We dont go cheap and have an expensive balcony. Have high expectations and they have met them ... how insulting to think that a positive review can only because someone has low expectations... words fail. Sailing out now on our lovely ship ....  Ps this moan to the OP no necessarily the one quoted.

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, docco said:

Unreasonable?

Not at all unreasonable.

We wouldn’t have been happy with those issues in our normal outside cabin - nobody would be, surely?

We had no issues at all with our cabin or our cabin attendant. 

Unfortunately, service let us down over and over again. 

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We dont go cheap and have an expensive balcony. Have high expectations and they have met them ... how insulting to think that a positive review can only because someone has low expectations... words fail. Sailing out now on our lovely ship ....  Ps this moan to the OP no necessarily the one quoted.

Please read my post #192 where I thanked you for your feedback and wished you a fabulous cruise.

Everyone deserves the best regardless how much they paid and while replying to a poster I thought his butler should have sorted his problems but I'm sorry if you took my post the wrong way.

Regards Graham.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Please read my post #192 where I thanked you for your feedback and wished you a fabulous cruise.

Everyone deserves the best regardless how much they paid and while replying to a poster I thought his butler should have sorted his problems but I'm sorry if you took my post the wrong way.

Regards Graham.

With respect, I think Presto was referring to post 195 provided for us by the person who started the thread and not your own post 192

• Thanks 1