Spirit Food Question

napria

My soon-to-be 21 year old daughter is embarking with us on the Spirit in a couple of days and asked me if there is cheesecake or gelato available on the cruise.  This girl loves her desserts.  I’m pretty sure I’ve seen reviews that mentioned both desserts but can anyone confirm?  It doesn’t really matter one way or another, but we’re getting excited about this cruise and visualizing sitting after dinner and enjoying a piece of cheesecake or bowl of gelato will contribute to the excitement. 

Worry not.  Your daughter will not go hungry.  Gelato is available in several venues at various times of the day. And I am fairly certain that cheesecake is on the room service menu, thus available not only in suites but also in Indochine and Atlantide by request.  (All items on the room service menu can be ordered in these venues without placing a special order in advance.)  In fact, I believe that gelato may also be on the room service menu.

Edited by Observer

Hi Napria! Haven't seen you on the boards in ages. Was thinking about you, because we were in Atlanta last weekend for a little getaway. Enjoyed some nice cooking and some warmer weather (warmer than Albany, for sure).

Have a great trip!

15 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

(warmer than Albany, for sure).

Hey Napria,

We sailed on the Spirit last week and had some wonderful gelato. I would suggest, however, that your daughter sample the unlimited variety of deserts to satisfy her sweet tooth. They're delicious and artfully presented.

JP, fellow Albanian (or maybe Albanyite??) here. Actually grew up in Newtonville. Now enjoying my 28th year in South Fla. Two SS cruises under my belt and two more booked. You have inspired me to see more of the world. Cheers!

DSC02982.JPG

DSC03291.JPG

DSC02983.JPG

DSC03232.JPG

3 hours ago, napria said:

My soon-to-be 21 year old daughter is embarking with us on the Spirit in a couple of days and asked me if there is cheesecake or gelato available on the cruise.  This girl loves her desserts.

If your daughter really "LOVES HER DESSERTS", then she will have lots of fun on the Silver Spirit.  Below from our June 2017 sailing on this ship, I have a few items of "evidence" to provide proof as to the eye-appeal for just a few of their sweets.  She might like some of these desserts more than just cheesecake or gelato??  Maybe!!  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast.  Now at 27,841 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

First is a cannoli that I enjoyed. Also enjoyed, but not pictured, is Tiramisu in La Terrazza. Also shown was a top favorite of a rum-infused pound cake.  Plus, a couple of other treats! These pictures have no calories, guaranteed!!   For the desserts on the ship, sorry, they do have only a few calories per bite!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

June%202017A%201622%201_zpsexbakuwt.jpg

June%202017A%201624%201_zpscpi0vj5n.jpg

June%202017A%201619%201_zpsrmfsmggd.jpg

June%202017A%201618%201_zpslhdmnxrb.jpg

June%202017A%201614%201_zpsgxivhqk0.jpg

Below from the La Terrazza Italian dining venue, here is a visual of their rum-infused cake for dessert.:

June%202017A%201617_zpsx5g1tb6e.jpg

For dining at The Grill or Hot Rocks, they have a apple pie!! Its size is smaller than previously served on the Silver Cloud, but that was actually a plus in not having too much to eat.:

June%202017A%201581_zpsyuu5tjyc.jpg

Oh my gosh thank you everyone!  I LOVE the photos!  She loves macarons too.  Terry, one of those desserts looks like is has a macaron as an element to it.

Yesterday we went shopping for cruisewear for her.  I saw our trip has a tea at a hotel in Hamilton and she bought a very pretty Victorian style dress to wear.

We’re re getting very excited!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, napria said:

I LOVE the photos!  She loves macarons too.  Terry, one of those desserts looks like is has a macaron as an element to it.  We’re re getting very excited!

Yes, one of those visuals did involve/include a tasty macaron.  She'll find lots to enjoy during this upcoming cruise.  Don't forget to ask the staff about or for any special request.  With a day or two notice, there are many cases where the kitchen/staff can be creative.  It's not always guaranteed, but there is no risk in asking.  Don't be shy!!  Glad the excitement is building.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 234,507 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

16 hours ago, JohnGinPBG said:

JP, fellow Albanian (or maybe Albanyite??) here. Actually grew up in Newtonville. Now enjoying my 28th year in South Fla. Two SS cruises under my belt and two more booked. You have inspired me to see more of the world. Cheers!

Hi John, I always call myself an Albanian but it's tongue in cheek because that really refers to people from Albania. I don't think we have an official name for ourselves.

Iknow where Newtonville is, as I live pretty close to there in the Loudonville/Latham area. Believe it or not the tiny little Newtonville Post Office still exists.

Enjoy your cruises! 

JP, I meant to reply to you in my previous post!  Last year’s cruise was my first cruise in 30 something years and I was so excited that I kept coming back to the SS boards.  The week long Caribbean cruise on the Wind was amazing and we signed up for a Mediterranean cruise for this coming May to celebrate our daughter’s 21st birthday.  Unfortunately Silversea cancelled the cruise.  They offered an additional percentage off as a consolation if we booked another cruise but there was nothing that fit our schedules.  I was about to give up when I saw that we could take the first leg of this TA crossing and spend a few days in Bermuda before having to get back (school for her, work for us).  

None of of us had been particularly excited since we were all looking forward to the Mediterranean for a much longer cruise.  Hence not being on the boards much.  But yesterday when we were out getting cruisewear the excitement hit us!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...