E-visa Vietnam - Princess - Chan May, Nha Trang, Phu My

tsutt35

I have recieved mixed messages around being able to use the Evisa on our next cruise to the three Vietnamese ports.

Through a Facebook Princess forum I have been told that a cruiser recently used an evisa from https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

and only had to pay $1 for processing on the ship. This works out considerably cheaper than the US$56 the ship is quoting in the personaliser.

My question is, has anyone else visited these ports (particularly Phu My) using an evisa? I would love to hear if any others have used the visa before I try it.

On 3/31/2019 at 1:38 PM, tsutt35 said:

I have recieved mixed messages around being able to use the Evisa on our next cruise to the three Vietnamese ports.

Through a Facebook Princess forum I have been told that a cruiser recently used an evisa from https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

and only had to pay $1 for processing on the ship. This works out considerably cheaper than the US$56 the ship is quoting in the personaliser.

My question is, has anyone else visited these ports (particularly Phu My) using an evisa? I would love to hear if any others have used the visa before I try it.

Yes have used this site many times and had no issues. Did three Princess Cruises to visit Phu My and Nha Trang within the last year never any issue with the evisa. You need to tell Princess you have the evisa and provide a copy to guest services. On our last cruise we had a large groups 47 in Phu My and 38 in Nha Trang, about half did the evisa route with no issues.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/4/2019 at 3:21 PM, tsutt35 said:

Thank you. I’ll definitely give it a go this time and save some money!

Make sure you enter a start date, or the system will start your visa the date it is issued. The visa is good for date range of 30 days to start so for example Feb 4th, you could enter any date  from January 5 to Feb 4th as the start date, once it starts it is good for 30 days. 

Also you need to get the correct  seaports listed. The enter port is your first port the exit port is the last port.  Phu My  is not listed as a port, it is listed as HCMC Seaport which covers all the ports for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. 

• 1 month later...

Disappointed to say our cruise on Sapphire Princess has been cancelled and so we won't need to apply for e-visas for Vietnam.  Thank you for your help, Expat Cruise.  Frustrated that Princess insisted that e-visas would not be acceptable when it is patently obvious that they are.

2 hours ago, CissyFuss said:

Disappointed to say our cruise on Sapphire Princess has been cancelled and so we won't need to apply for e-visas for Vietnam.  Thank you for your help, Expat Cruise.  Frustrated that Princess insisted that e-visas would not be acceptable when it is patently obvious that they are.

Sorry your cruise was cancelled but really for the best in my honest opinion. The Sapphire is a great ship we were on her in January just as this all started to break. I do home the coronavirus does not turn you off to cruising Asia in the future. it really is a wonderful part of the World.

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2020 at 3:30 PM, CissyFuss said:

Yes they are.  We used our e-visa on 2 February Sapphire Princess cruise.  Not even questioned by Princess at all.

• Thanks 1