WW, Skinny drinks and sugar free desserts

rangerdog

Good morning!  I started WW (weight watchers) in January and have lost 25lbs on the way to my 100lb goal.

I have a cruise in 3 weeks. Are any of you on WW too and can share points of specialized cruise type food, types of skinny drinks available and sugar free desserts available?  As for "normal" foods, I can look up the points on my WW app. 

On John Healds post yesterday, he mentioned you can request a sugar free warm chocolate melting cake. Has anyone tried this? 

Any WW tips from those on WW would be extremely helpful to the new WW member. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Every night in the dining room there is a sugar free or something such as fruit that is available. The sugar free is not too bad as a diabetic this is usually what I chose and I know they have the skinny tequila 

• Like 1

Good luck to you, I am a LTM of WW, you will be able to stay on plan. The sugar free deserts on the MDR menu are good, I have not tried a SF WCMC. My husband and I usually split a desert. The serenity bar has lighter cocktails.  

• Like 1

There will always be selections that are easily calculated.  There is always grilled chicken with a salad and vegetables for sides in the MDR.  The buffet will always have salad and a variety of other healthy selections.  There is always a selection of sugar free deserts in the buffet and MDR.

• Like 1

I started on WW but have will not be to strict on my cruise. I will just pick back up when I get home. Now this does not mean I will go crazy. I don't feel well when I over do it. However, on my last cruise, there were tons of healthy options for every meal regardless of where we ate.

• Like 1

I have managed to lose about 3 lbs on every cruise recently without being on WW.

There are definitely sugar free desserts and healthy food choices at every meal.

It might be boring but I stick to oatmeal with nuts/fruit for breakfast and a big salad with some protein for lunch. I allow myself more freedom at dinner to choose what I please.

The main issue I think on a cruise is the alcohol availability. Even "skinny drinks" can add up if you have too many!! One glass of wine at dinner or one shot of vodka with diet soda would work well without getting into the fancy drinks.

BTW I also try to use the stairs and go to the gym a couple of time so that exercise and being conscious of what  I eat works well together.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Don't over think it.  Make good choices.  You don't have to eat everything on your plate. Take the stairs all the time.  If you don't lose while you're on your cruise, that's ok,  just don't gain. What ever you do, don't stress, enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Be careful with sugar free, many state no sugar added. I had a sugar free desert once in the MDR, later that night I saw the s@me desert in the buffet and asked for one.  The server said it was gluten free not sugar free.

• Like 1

Hi! I love WW and let me say CONGRATULATIONS 🎊🍾🎉🎈 on your weight lose and journey! A little tip for you would be to stick to vodka tonics using flavored vodka!!! The only calories that will count would be from the 1-2 shots of vodka in each drink, as the tonic water is zero points and there are no mixers! Plus you can mix up the flavors, raspberry vodka tonic, grapefruit, melon, pear, peach, etc. they are sooooo good and soooo refreshing! Stick with the flavored vodka tonics and you can’t go wrong! 

• Like 1

Yes to all the above and as someone else said, take the stairs.  Also, go for a jog on the treadmill or up on the track.  I was so afraid that I wouldn't get all my steps in while on our cruise and I actually managed more steps than usual!  Between the ports, stairs, and using the exercise equipment, I cheated on my diet and only gained 5 lbs. on our 7-day.  That was pretty good for me as I can gain 5 lbs. in just one weekend eating/drinking what I want.  As others said, though, try not to worry about it too much.  You're doing great and it is definitely a journey that will last a lifetime!!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Wondering how tonic water can be 0 when it has 32 grams of carbs??

I think they meant seltzer or soda water. 

To the OP you could bring on the individual crystal light mixes for water and add vodka or rum to those. Do your best but don’t be too hard on yourself if you don’t lose like you do at home. On one cruise I took a one hour spin class and ran 5 miles on the treadmill everyday, watched what I ate and still gained 3 pounds! Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1

Congrats on the weight loss! No matter what the goal is, 25 lbs is a huge accomplishment.

Unfortunately, your only skinny drink is water. Alcohol is never your friend here. Vodka and soda is one of your closest. Even then, it's still bad for you. At that point, I'd almost rather not drink than to have those. Not a fan lol.

I think the food is easier to be healthy, but still tough. There's plenty of meat, veggie, and fruit options all around that can still be satisfying. Don't forget a taco salad at the Blue Iguana!

You can still enjoy yourself and not gain anything. If anything, you can even still lose a few. I wouldn't get too discouraged if the cruise throws off your pace a little. Enjoy yourself! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I have not seen diet tonic. Interesting!

Really? The sell it at every major grocery store, also target or BevMo. It’s a must have staple item in the liquor cabinet for summer time flavored vodka tonics by the pool or on the patio. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I meant I have not seen it available at a bar.

Yes, you are right, it doesn’t look like Carnival or RC carry diet tonic water, I see from other threads on the topic that many cruisers watching their caloric intake bring their own diet tonic on the ship for flavored vodka tonics on board. Although I am wondering if the Serenity Deck bar carries diet tonic because I see that the serenity deck bar menu offers a selection of “skinny” cocktails. 

• Like 1

I prefer the no sugar added items over the SF ones.  Those tend to have sugar substitute and I am not a fan.  

I also like to bring bring my own flavor drops like MIO for my water.  There aren’t any ‘skinny’ cocktails I like.  ( hate vodka)

• Like 1

Thanks for all the congratulations and tips/advice!  I know the dining rooms/buffets will be fairly easy to follow my WW plan because of the variety of salads and fruits.  Thanks for the tips on some alcoholic drinks and SF items.  I do have 1 more question:  does someone know the difference between SF and no sugar added?  As for WW, does the "no sugar added" have more points than SF?