Gate One River Cruises

lastmate

We completed our Gate 1 Danube cruise in November. Vilshofen to Budapest (Monarch Baroness) - wonderful cruise, great ports, affordable price. Happy to answer any questions.

Edited by dogs4fun

I will also be on the Monarch Governess in September 11-21, Budapest to Bucharest, with 2 nights in Bucharest.  I've done several river cruises with Gate 1 several years and absolutely loved it.  Great service, great food and reasonably priced.  Excited to go again as I've never been to the towns where we will be docking along the Eastern Danube.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked a River Cruise on the Monarch Empress with Gate One. I have been unable to find a roll call or board on cruise critic for this line. Can anyone help? And anyone traveled this ship/line with some tips? We are booked for the September 20, 2020 Danube Oberammagau tour. 

You have mistakenly posted this in the board for river cruise ports.

For a roll call, you want to be in Roll Calls/All Other River Cruise Roll Calls here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/546-all-other-river-cruise-roll-calls/

Note that because the ships are very small (fewer than 200 passengers) and most excursions are included, it is very unlikely that you will find a roll call for your specific cruise. However, you might find Gate 1 in general, perhaps your ship in particular

For some general information on Gate 1 (there isn't a huge amount but there is some, search in the main River Cruising Forum

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/115-river-cruising/

You also might want to search for  Oberammergau (note the spelling) here also.

On 4/2/2019 at 12:55 PM, RDC1 said:

I am also a Gate 1 customer.  Very happy with their river cruise product.  Very good value.

Hi RDC1:

My husband and I  will be the first time river cruisers on the Monarch Princess Cruise Jul10 - 21 starting from the Prague. Would you know if the esayJet Air is reliable since this company has the direct flight from Gatwick to Prague with only 2 hour flying time?  Also after landed in Prague, will there be any rail transportation from the airport to the city?

Please advise.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

We did a Gate 1 Christmas Market cruise last year and loved it. Got a great price on a Danube cruise, Regensburg to Budapest for this November on Monarch Princess so are going back again. We have not cruised on any other line so nothing to compare it to but we were very happy with Gate 1.

On 4/11/2019 at 7:37 AM, 55dodobird said:

Also after landed in Prague, will there be any rail transportation from the airport to the city?

There is no direct train or metro connection from the airport to the city. The best budget transportation option to the city center would be the Airport Express bus.  Info here: http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/prague-airport-bus.html

52 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

There is no direct train or metro connection from the airport to the city. The best budget transportation option to the city center would be the Airport Express bus.  Info here: http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/prague-airport-bus.html

Thank you for your valuable info. It is very informative.