A GREAT TIME AT BEACH LIMERZ...AGAIN!

existentialtraveler

On 9/10/2019 at 9:31 AM, efussander said:

I heard back almost immediately; like less than 20 minutes. The address I used is below. Maybe try from another email account if you have one. 

info@beachlimerz.com 

On 9/10/2019 at 11:42 AM, sally4909 said:

Beachlimerz is closed for the 1st 2 weeks of September.

Thanks, I will wait until next week and try again, our cruise is late November, so we still have some time, just trying wrap things up since we are traveling with another couple 

21 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Thanks, I will wait until next week and try again, our cruise is late November, so we still have some time, just trying wrap things up since we are traveling with another couple 

I think they reopen on the 17th. Gail is very responsive and will get back to you.

32 minutes ago, sally4909 said:

I think they reopen on the 17th. Gail is very responsive and will get back to you.

Ok I will give them one more try, it’s been strange, I haven’t had this much trouble setting up any other off ship excursion.

Thanks

11 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Ok I will give them one more try, it’s been strange, I haven’t had this much trouble setting up any other off ship excursion.

Thanks

I just emailed back and forth with Gail, telling her of your difficulty in reaching her. She is in Trinidad right now, but she will check for missed emails! If you still can not reach her, let me know.She gave me permission to give you her cell phone number and Barry's cell phone number.  Just let them know Jim and Toni sent you!!! :)

Just wanted to post that we contacted Beach Limerz again this past Friday or Sat, and did hear from them this am. I had had an unusually hard time getting in touch with them and not sure why.

We are contacting the other couple in our party, and may very well be enjoying the beach in Dec! This sounds like what we want to do in Antigua.

4 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Just wanted to post that we contacted Beach Limerz again this past Friday or Sat, and did hear from them this am. I had had an unusually hard time getting in touch with them and not sure why.

We are contacting the other couple in our party, and may very well be enjoying the beach in Dec! This sounds like what we want to do in Antigua.

I am glad you finally connected. You will not be disappointed with Beach Limerz...long, quiet, clean, uncrowded beach...charming old school Caribbean bar...great food at reasonable prices...what more can you ask for???

I heard back from Gail at Beach Limerz a couple of days ago. She said she was still on the road getting back from vacation. Beach Limerz is reopening on the 27th of this month. I'm sure Gail has many emails to return. We are booked at Beach Limerz for early Nov.  Gail says she has us on the schedule for taxi pickup at the port and the all inclusive day pass.and will be back in touch in a few days after she gets back on track after her trip. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sally4909 said:

I heard back from Gail at Beach Limerz a couple of days ago. She said she was still on the road getting back from vacation. Beach Limerz is reopening on the 27th of this month. I'm sure Gail has many emails to return. We are booked at Beach Limerz for early Nov.  Gail says she has us on the schedule for taxi pickup at the port and the all inclusive day pass.and will be back in touch in a few days after she gets back on track after her trip. 

We will be there on Nov. 6, 2019. Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a place we would enjoy but don't really need an all inclusive day pass. Does anyone know if it's possible just to turn up and rent 2 chairs and a shade, and how much this would cost.

Thanks

34 minutes ago, Bobal said:

This looks like a place we would enjoy but don't really need an all inclusive day pass. Does anyone know if it's possible just to turn up and rent 2 chairs and a shade, and how much this would cost.

Thanks

Yes...you can do that. We never get the all inclusive day pass, but I do not remember what the chair/umbrella rental is, but it was not a lot. If the rental was a LOT, I would remember...probably around $20 or so. If you reserve through Gail beforehand, she will arrange a cab for a slightly lower fare than you can get on your own.

1 minute ago, existentialtraveler said:

Yes...you can do that. We never get the all inclusive day pass, but I do not remember what the chair/umbrella rental is, but it was not a lot. If the rental was a LOT, I would remember...probably around $20 or so. If you reserve through Gail beforehand, she will arrange a cab for a slightly lower fare than you can get on your own.

Thanks very much for the quick response. I'll do that :classic_biggrin:

It's best to make reservations with Gail but if you are going soon, it probably wouldn't be an issue if you just showed up. October and November are a quieter time in the Caribbean. You don't have to buy the all inclusive. Pay for what you use is available, as well. If you contact Gail, she can arrange pickup and return to the port taxi with a family (father, mother, son business) who she knows well. I believe it's $5 pp each way and is a very reliable and safe company. We are a group of 8 going the beginning of November and Gail said we could request pickup time at the ship. Same for return.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, Bobal said:

Thanks very much for the quick response. I'll do that :classic_biggrin:

Ann we are going there in early December - we are using the pay as you go option which is $5 for a chair and $10 for an umbrella, we paid $25 each for the pay as you go pass and will use the balance for drinks etc.  Its $6 each way for a pre arranged taxi.  There is an all inclusive option including lunch and drinks which was $65 each but we decided we did not want that much food and drink

38 minutes ago, uktog said:

Ann we are going there in early December - we are using the pay as you go option which is $5 for a chair and $10 for an umbrella, we paid $25 each for the pay as you go pass and will use the balance for drinks etc.  Its $6 each way for a pre arranged taxi.  There is an all inclusive option including lunch and drinks which was $65 each but we decided we did not want that much food and drink

Thanks so much Ann, that great to hear. Did you prebook via email?

• 2 weeks later...

We took a cab there today.

$14 round trip pp

Large palapa and 2 chairs was $20

We got there early and it was raining, but as rain cleared several people showed up.No shortage of chairs and umbrellas.  It was a gorgeous beach....thank you all for great advise

We loved the beach. Calm warm water and a long beach.

8 hours ago, glenneagle said:

We took a cab there today.

$14 round trip pp

Large palapa and 2 chairs was $20

We got there early and it was raining, but as rain cleared several people showed up.No shortage of chairs and umbrellas.  It was a gorgeous beach....thank you all for great advise

We loved the beach. Calm warm water and a long beach.

I am very glad you enjoyed it. Barry and Gail put a lot of effort into making Beach Limerz such a cool place!

• 2 weeks later...

Because, of this post a group of us are booking this for January, and we are excited!! None of us have been to Antigua before. Would y’all recommend allowing some time to walk around and see the downtown/port area before heading over to the beach? Or should we just have Gail arrange pickup for us right when they open?

On 10/31/2019 at 8:01 AM, Saphira7 said:

Because, of this post a group of us are booking this for January, and we are excited!! None of us have been to Antigua before. Would y’all recommend allowing some time to walk around and see the downtown/port area before heading over to the beach? Or should we just have Gail arrange pickup for us right when they open?

Hi!

we were there about two weeks ago.  Still recovering, lol, so late posting.  We had Gail arrange for our pick up and it worked out wonderfully.  You can have them bring you back to the ship early for shopping - that's what we did, but we wanted to maximize our beach time.  

Thanks so much for the recommendation to go to Beach LImerz!  It was great!

Gail answered my emails very quickly and thoroughly.  She arranged for a taxi to pick us up and we decided what time to return to the port.

We did the pay as you go, $25 pp, which made life so easy.

Loved the beach and water, and every one was so friendly and welcoming.  It ended up raining, but we played Yahtzee in the bar with drinks while it rained, then went back in the water.