YWCA Vancouver

Yes - while there's no downtown hotel that does not have at least one HOHO stop within a ~10min walk, the YWCA is one of the more convenient as it has two very close by (P16 & P17 on the Park loop) within <300 yards (Robson & Homer, Cambie & Georgia) and the nearest City Loop stop is just the other side of BC Place stadium (map - if you didn't have to circle the stadium it would be 5mins walk!)

If you compare the stop locations on the HOHO live map here with a Google map of the city you'll be much better-prepared for your visit - Google does have all of our transit schedules and bike routes, plus accurate walk times & routes after they sent dudes wearing cameras along the various pedestrian-only pathways a couple of years back so it really is your one-stop-shop for figuring out where anything in is renlation to anything else here. You can even follow along in 'Streetview' on walk/bike lanes as well as roads - and no need for data as the free city WiFi network should keep you connected on any device while you're in town (connect to #VanWiFi).

Edited by martincath
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, martincath said:

Yes - while there's no downtown hotel that does not have at least one HOHO stop within a ~10min walk, the YWCA is one of the more convenient as it has two very close by (P16 & P17 on the Park loop) within <300 yards (Robson & Homer, Cambie & Georgia) and the nearest City Loop stop is just the other side of BC Place stadium (map - if you didn't have to circle the stadium it would be 5mins walk!)

If you compare the stop locations on the HOHO live map here with a Google map of the city you'll be much better-prepared for your visit - Google does have all of our transit schedules and bike routes, plus accurate walk times & routes after they sent dudes wearing cameras along the various pedestrian-only pathways a couple of years back so it really is your one-stop-shop for figuring out where anything in is renlation to anything else here. You can even follow along in 'Streetview' on walk/bike lanes as well as roads - and no need for data as the free city WiFi network should keep you connected on any device while you're in town (connect to #VanWiFi).

Thank you so much.. You are a jewel. Great info...

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, martincath said:

may I ask martincath….are you familiar with LandSea Tours Hop On Hop Off busses debut May 1

and how this company compares to WestCoast Sightseeing Hop On Hop Off busses in Vancouver?

3 hours ago, that said:

may I ask martincath….are you familiar with LandSea Tours Hop On Hop Off busses debut May 1

and how this company compares to WestCoast Sightseeing Hop On Hop Off busses in Vancouver?

Nope - 1 May will be literally their first EVER day of operation! Vancouver has had many HOHO companies, which all gradually folded over the years until just WestCoast and the Trolley were left. They amalgamated quite recently (< 2 years), rebranding into a combined fleet under the WestCoast name but using both sets of vehicles. I guess LandSea saw an opportunity - and I for one am happy for visitors as this might bring in some price and quality competition! As soon as the merger of WC/Trolley happend they jacked up rates by about 20% but reduced the total number of vehicles running so while the overall frequency was a little better than either one of them, it was still about a third down from the total prior number on the road - so LandSea should at least have been able to pick up some experienced drivers for their new service.

Other than directly comparing route maps and prices, which you can do yourself, there's nothing I can offer as the relative quality is starting as a total unknown... so it will actually be your fellow tourists who will be best able to discuss them. Most locals, including myself, don't tend to take general tours much;-) Personally I definitely won't be riding until the next time I have visitors in town who might enjoy a HOHO ride - and by then I hope to have lots of reviews from visitors to let me assess which one is best!