Silver Spirit- 23 days - Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona - April 2

spinnaker2

26 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

We made do without and our sail away was lovely and made all the more special because Jolly Jones was waving from shore and then walked up to a point on shore and continued the wave. 

Ahhh ... the indescribable feeling of watching your favorite ship sail away without you ...

Thank goodness I'm on the Wind on Wednesday for three weeks or I'd be desolate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

We made do without and our sail away was lovely and made all the more special because Jolly Jones was waving from shore and then walked up to a point on shore and continued the wave.  Thanks much Jolly!! xxxooo

I love this!

4 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Thank goodness I'm on the Wind on Wednesday for three weeks or I'd be desolate.

I’m surprised they wouldn’t let you get on at home rather than making you fly to FLL!

Spinnaker 

Many thanks for your interesting information and do hope the Atlantic behaves herself and you have a good crossing.

You mentioned that you had been to Cuba recently. Was that with SS and what did you think of it?  Very interested to know as I am going in November on the Whisper.

Looking  forward to more news as you traverse the Pond.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

2 minutes ago, Master Echo said:

Spinnaker 

Many thanks for your interesting information and do hope the Atlantic behaves herself and you have a good crossing.

You mentioned that you had been to Cuba recently. Was that with SS and what did you think of it?  Very interested to know as I am going in November on the Whisper.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

ME,

You can find my posts and photos of Cuba on Cruise Critic, Rum and the Revolution.

We were on the Spirit about a month ago.

let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try an answer!

Have heard from Spins/Candy this am.  She has been having some Internet challenges on the Silver Spirit.  BUT, this one visual did come through and I am sharing it for her below.  Hope she keeps pushing to get better connections from the ship.  Looking forward to reading more and hopefully seeing more of her fun pictures. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 44,783 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Am I guessing correctly that this visual from Candy is as the Silver Spirit does its sail-away from Bermuda?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)1043411020_DSC08584(2).thumb.JPG.937635c58a32f782b92d3432e0042bc2.JPG

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

Have heard from Spins/Candy this am.  She has been having some Internet challenges on the Silver Spirit.  BUT, this one visual did come through and I am sharing it for her below.  Hope she keeps pushing to get better connections from the ship.  Looking forward to reading more and hopefully seeing more of her fun pictures. 

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 44,783 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Am I guessing correctly that this visual from Candy is as the Silver Spirit does its sail-away from Bermuda?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)1043411020_DSC08584(2).thumb.JPG.937635c58a32f782b92d3432e0042bc2.JPG

Terry, that delightful woman in the pink jacket so jauntily perched on the point is Jolly Jones.

2 hours ago, Master Echo said:

Spinnaker 

Kindest regards

Master Echo

ME,

You can find my posts and photos of Cuba on Cruise Critic, Rum and the Revolution.

We were on the Spirit about a month ago.

let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try an answer!

5 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Terry, that delightful woman in the pink jacket so jauntily perched on the point is Jolly Jones.

Great updating and clarification.  Was my guess correct that this picture was captured in Bermuda or at another port?  Keep it coming!!

Terry, yes this photo was taken as we left Bermuda.

I have many other photos. 

For whatever reason they will not post to CC.

I do have a consultation at 4 today. Perhaps I will learn the key!

We have been enjoying everything since we departed Bermuda.

The Sargasso sea and its gyre have not prevented us from going forward.

Weather is semi cloudy or semi sunny  depending on your glass perception.

Its warmish, slight chop on the steely gray sea.  As we pass through the waters, a nice sound of waves hitting the bow.

Such a rhythmic sound which lulls you into sleep or any other activity which requires a beat. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

I was going to ask if that's who it was!

The pair of you get on too many cruises.... I'm profoundly jealous, though pleased I only have one full week at work before flying to Ft Lauderdale...... I'm guessing that means you won't be waiving our sail away.... but have an excellent reason and definitely having a better time than doing that!

Hope the internet behaves and you get a few more photos in.... but guess there wont be too much off ship to shoot - unless you get some great sunsets and a green flash! Fingers crossed!

Have fun and thanks for posting... 

Thanks Les!

Its early morning here and I imagine thats the reason I could post a photo.

Not everyone is taking up bandwidth!

Today is  the pub lunch and then tonight is formal night.

It rained like crazy during the night and now the sun is on the horizon playing amongst the dreary clouds.

Its warm and humid!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Its early morning here and I imagine thats the reason I could post a photo.

Not everyone is taking up bandwidth!

Nice pix's!!  Congratulations on your success!  Or, your good luck?  My guess/speculation is that the ship IT guy, after your visit, check the on-board setting and "loosened" up the controls to be more reasonable.  Keep up the great sharing.  Feel free to email me any of the visuals.  Am happy to post any, etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoying your postings!  Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast.  Now at 27,918 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

32 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

There are fresh flower arrangements placed around the Spirit, adding to the ambiance

Great looking flowers and nice-sized pix's being uploaded.  Keep loving your trans-Atlantic cruise. 

Roving about the ship...

and here are some morning drinks, hair of the dog...

mary.thumb.JPG.bac582995fc6e81f825e7d092a4519ae.JPG

some lucious  jeweled toned fruit and cheese to go with your Mary

568459264_cheeseplate.thumb.JPG.1d11adfd8154b4f648c78dd7e8d9ed12.JPG

or perhaps some fruit colored bijoux to adorn your bod instead

bijoux.thumb.JPG.8397b6c6108bb2e98a309309fe8edd93.JPG

22 hours ago, les37b said:

I was going to ask if that's who it was!

The pair of you get on too many cruises.... I'm profoundly jealous, though pleased I only have one full week at work before flying to Ft Lauderdale...... I'm guessing that means you won't be waiving our sail away.... but have an excellent reason and definitely having a better time than doing that!

And I'm already in Lauderdale, to board the Wind on Wednesday -  who's going to wave me away?

• Haha 2

We, too were on the Spirit, but only to Bermuda.  Work (and college for my daughter), prevented us from staying on.  Unfortunately the constant rocking got to both my daughter and myself, so we spent an hour in the spa, as side-by-side pin cushions (acupuncture).  It worked better than the Meclizine, but I now know that I don’t have the constitution for a crossing.

Still, I miss the ship and friends we met.  If you see a lovely couple named Kit and Harry, tell them I said hello.

It’s nice to be able to follow you for the rest of the journey.  Looking forward to more posts.  

P.S.  if you have dinner in Sieshein, make sure you have the signature cocktail, served in the “Medusa” martini glass.

— Anne

B3A660E1-CE20-452D-BA1F-0BCAF6B6D6E8.jpeg

Edited by napria
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

And I'm already in Lauderdale, to board the Wind on Wednesday -  who's going to wave me away?

I can wave you in on the 19th if that's any good?

• Haha 1

leffe.thumb.JPG.120d02e32a894f871c0eb44fe88d49c8.JPG

266045408_scenepub.thumb.JPG.ecdfd392e649a1949eef111ceeca9a88.JPG

pimms.thumb.JPG.d802fcf748b5c0d6d66319feb6577a73.JPG

Yesterday was the Pub Lunch, and it was FUN.

Of course the usual mushy peas, and fish and chips. All served in La Dolce Vita. The sun did give competition as many pax were out by the pool.

The FUN part  of the lunch, besides the conviviality, was the Name that Tune game with Martin as the MC. Many of you know Martin, a wonderful guy with a terrific sense of humor.