Silver Spirit- 23 days - Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona - April 2

spinnaker2

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Sharing the harbor with us was this 3 masted square rigged schooner, the Lord Nelson. What a beauty! We saw her leave the harbor about 2 pm, and racing behind her in a zodiac were several people who then boarded as she was under power. Late comers, lucky they were not left behind in the Azores. Maybe it would have been a good thing. This island has some breathtaking scenery, which was not visible due to the fog. 

Great to be reading and seeing the wonderful pictures and postings from Candy/Spins.  Great sharing!!  Assume that "things" have improved with the Internet, picture uploading, etc.  Any other insights for these technical areas to share?  

Is your schedule for two more sea-days before arriving in Lisbon on April 15?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast.  Now at 27,994 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

9 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Great visuals, Spins! Any names to go with the happy faces, or are you all flying incognito?  😁  It's ok if you want to keep us all guessing...

I don’t know how I recognized him without his trademark t-shirts, but i’m Pretty sure one of them is EnglishUSA.

Last night was the most impressive crew show we have ever seen.  I took hundreds of photos and I will try and share some of them. The internet remains a challenge.

What a talented crew. 

Belowdreamgirls2.thumb.JPG.c46bf6445b45bb32a3e32673d90c8f54.JPG the Dream girls!

dreamgirls1.thumb.JPG.b6037b05775457459f9585a6a4334a47.JPG

38 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Last night was the most impressive crew show we have ever seen.  I took hundreds of photos and I will try and share some of them. The internet remains a challenge. What a talented crew.   the Dream girls!

Love the music and highlights from the "DREAM GIRLS"!!   Nice costumes and staging.  It is one of my Broadway favorites.  YES, please post more.    

Is doing a "crew show" done that often with Silversea?  Do not remember having such a program during our past SS sailings.  Even with the Internet challenges, glad you are being patience and persistent.  Plus, having success in posting these excellent visuals.  Keep up the good work!!

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 44,907 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Very pleased to see the photos from the crew talent show.  I have never seen one on SS, though I have on another luxury line.  On that other line, one year guests voted for the best performance, etc.  I was very disappointed.  To my mind, every performer was a winner.  The next year, there was no voting.  Hurrah!  I hope the SS show was not tainted by a spirit of competition.

The funniest and most creative, was the Silversea synchronized swimmers. You may recognize some people. I have never seen them praticising in the pool.

The audience could not stop laughing.synch4.thumb.JPG.d72733eea5bb77f7fda78767ad3a13a1.JPG

They removed their robes and then jumped into the "pool".synch3.thumb.JPG.8a53d1a1c394da1c5e94d1e6e85195ad.JPG

that had to hurt...no water

synch2.thumb.JPG.d7ab58ded37c5588f65dd1d8b1a6185e.JPG

Lots of swimming moves to some inspring music.

Esther Williams would have been proud.

17 hours ago, Master Echo said:

Whilst I have seen several crew parades, I can only recall a couple of crew variety shows.  

Spinnaker 2 well done for some excellent photography.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Thanks ME.

And Observer and Terry.

Last night was the crew parade and farewell. Since we are not getting off we didn't feel as bereft as we usually do. I didn't take my camera so no photos.

Today the weather remains icky, grey and chilly. 

A brunch for the pax staying on in Tors lounge was well attented, 48 are staying on and the next leg will be sold out crazy.

I saw some whales this am off the starboard side!

Lunch at La Terrazza, very busy. 

A subdued atmosphere aboard as pax are packing this afternoon and getting in that last drink.

We will put out a sign to advise we don't need our suite done tommorow. We know the crew will be so busy trying to get ready for the new pax.

What a fabulous crossing! Kudos to the crew and staff.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Today the weather remains icky, grey and chilly.   A brunch for the pax staying on in Tors lounge was well attented, 48 are staying on and the next leg will be sold out crazy.  I saw some whales this am off the starboard side!   Lunch at La Terrazza, very busy.   A subdued atmosphere aboard as pax are packing this afternoon and getting in that last drink.  We will put out a sign to advise we don't need our suite done tommorow. We know the crew will be so busy trying to get ready for the new pax.   What a fabulous crossing! Kudos to the crew and staff.

Appreciate these wonderful postings, pictures and various follow-ups. Are you and DH planning to be spending any time in Lisbon or doing something special/unique in this Portugal capital?

Back home in the USA, lots of mixed and challenged Spring weather.  Plus, the big news is Tiger Woods winning the Masters golf tournament minutes ago in a dramatic finishing manner. 

What, if anything, are your upcoming port plans during the stops in Cadiz/Spain, Malaga (Costa Del Sol)/Spain, Porto Mahon/Spain, Alghero (Sardinia)/Italy, Livorno (Tuscany)/Italy, Monte Carlo and Marseille/France before docking to finish in Barcelona?  Or, having you been to most all of these interesting locations previously?

For latest live/blog, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

Dear Spinnaker,

How nice to see Samuele participating in a "show" - he certainly seems to be taking the magic seriously!

Well, you have certainly seen a first - well to my knowledge - what an amazing display of synchronised swimming in a dry pool!!

It must have been hilarious - not only for the passengers but also for the participants - hoping that none of them were hurt in their exuberance!!

Boi noite as you leave Lisbon tomorrow night, and hope you have had a good time in the delightful Portuguese capital.  Wishing you calm seas and a good new crowd of passengers for your leg to Barcelona, and looking forward to more comment and pictures on your last leg across the Pond.

Thank you again

Kindest regards

Master Echo.

Candy, believe Alec has been on everyone of Ida and my Silversea Spirit crossings.  We've enjoyed Dinner with him on board--fascinating personality.  Thanks for sharing your trivia (A Team) photos.  Believe David is will book the Moon crossing next November.

Edited by WesW

2 minutes ago, WesW said:

Candy, believe Alec has been on everyone of Ida and my Silversea Spirit crossings. Thanks for sharing your trivia (A Team) photos.  Believe David is will book the Moon

crossing next November.

Thanks Wes!