Silver Spirit- 23 days - Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona - April 2

spinnaker2

Our flight home was rather uneventful with the exception of a lost bag, which was not really lost, just delayed for several days.

My orchids greeted me and they are always a reminder of my time aboard a Silversea vessel.

orchids2.thumb.JPG.a7bdaf095d625ac8e4c5ccdc46cc3e7d.JPG

so many different colors!

orch4.thumb.JPG.ac988ad6dc33e3899799e01e3c0488c8.JPG

orch5.thumb.JPG.0af5602f9f0e3a8e7e8b7e01466f5c4c.JPG

And on that note, I am finished with this story and on to the next adventure.

I would be remiss if I did not mention and thank the wonderful crew of the Spirit. 

The crossing was extraordinary. 

• Like 3

Candy those are some gorgeous Orchids!

Echo Bob's, AtMaui, and Unibok's Kudos/thanks to both you (and Larry in support) for filling our home deck chairs with terrific word pictures and beautiful photos that brought us almost right next to your Spirit crossing deck chair.

ps..and special thanks for the Cloud Expedition gear recommendations--I like, my wallet does not 🙂

Spins,

Echo Wes's sentiments.  Your orchids bring back such fond memories of Singapore's dreamy botanical gardens.  

Thanks for including us in your voyage!  Still holding out hope something will change in your plans that will allow you to join many of us on the Moon's TA in the fall of 2020.

• Like 1

Thanks Bob, Wes and Stumble.

And as far as the TA on the Moon, doubtful, but never say never. At the moment we have booked and paid for the voyage from Pireaus to Dubai on the Spirit in the Fall of 2020.

Our next cruise is this September. Too long in between!!!

Looking forward to AtMaui's trip reports and then hearing from Wes on the Cloud. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

At the moment we have booked and paid for the voyage from Pireaus to Dubai on the Spirit in the Fall of 2020.   Our next cruise is this September. Too long in between!!!

Welcome back, Candy/Spins!!  Yes, the orchids look great.  For that upcoming October 25 sailing from the Athens port to Dubai, you have lots of great ports stops options included.  This includes much of what we saw and experienced last fall in sailing with another line from Greece to the UAE.  Is this your first time in this region and/or with these key port stops in Israel, Egypt and Jordan?  Sadly, you only one day for Luxor. But, three days for Israel is great.  And, that visit to Salalah can be a little iffy.  We stop there and were not that impressed.  We super loved Muscat in Oman, but this cruise does not stop there.  

How much time after your cruise will you spend there for Dubai and Abu Dhabi?  Let me know if I can provide any added info, background, tips, ideas, etc., for these historic and interesting locations. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

For latest live/blog, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

3 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

And as far as the TA on the Moon, doubtful, but never say never. At the moment we have booked and paid for the voyage from Pireaus to Dubai on the Spirit in the Fall of 2020.

I know, I know, but Jolly and I have 18-months to try and convince you to switch voyages. 😉  Thx for putting up with my silliness Spins!

Dear Spinnaker

So pleased you arrived home safely, albeit having to wait for tardy luggage!  Would like to reiterate all the above posters in thanking you so much for all your "running" commentary of your life onboard the Spirit, together with the lovely photographs,  and also for your reply to my questions about Cuba -hoping my cruise is still "on"!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

1 hour ago, Master Echo said:

Dear Spinnaker

So pleased you arrived home safely, albeit having to wait for tardy luggage!  Would like to reiterate all the above posters in thanking you so much for all your "running" commentary of your life onboard the Spirit, together with the lovely photographs,  and also for your reply to my questions about Cuba -hoping my cruise is still "on"!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Thanks ME. Good luck with the Cuba cruise. 

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I know, I know, but Jolly and I have 18-months to try and convince you to switch voyages. 😉  Thx for putting up with my silliness Spins!

TTS, 

Don't worry. The Spin Doctor has plans for the 2020 cruise and I doubt he will change them.

Stumble

You can try and convince me, but I am pretty tenacious.

Terry, 

I may ask you some questions when we get closer to the voyage.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Terry,  I may ask you some questions when we get closer to the voyage.

YES!!  Am happy to be of whatever help is beneficial.  BUT, if you have not been to some of these locations previously, you do not want to wait till too late if you are seeking certain private tours, guides, etc.  The "better ones" might get booked up in advance.  So much in Israel, Egypt and Jordan is so super special and unique.  Determining your priorities in these great areas can be challenging.  You, however, might have already been here several times.  Enjoy your "R&R" time now as you prepare for your next "adventure". 

For latest live/blog, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

31 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

YES!!  Am happy to be of whatever help is beneficial.  BUT, if you have not been to some of these locations previously, you do not want to wait till too late if you are seeking certain private tours, guides, etc.  The "better ones" might get booked up in advance.  So much in Israel, Egypt and Jordan is so super special and unique.  Determining your priorities in these great areas can be challenging.  You, however, might have already been here several times.  Enjoy your "R&R" time now as you prepare for your next "adventure". 

Thanks Terry, I won't wait for the last minute, I promise.

17 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Thanks Terry, I won't wait for the last minute, I promise.

Agree!!  You are a smart and savvy traveler who plans and prepares accordingly.  Will this be your first visiting to these areas and countries?

Super loved so different many parts of the Caribbean in 2015!!!  See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at the link of "Barbados: Our Pix's, Experiences!":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2262999