MSC Easy drink package examples/gratuity

Micheb5

We have the easy drink package included with our booking for March 2020 on MSC Meraviglia. I have been reading forum posts and other websites but there is a lot of conflicting info/opinions on my first 2 questions. The others I just thought of😃

1. Appreciate if some folks who have recently sailed and had the easy package included as a promotion vs having added it separately, please advise if we will be charged a gratuity per drink onboard. 

2. Does anyone have examples of what you were able to drink in terms of mixed drinks under $6? Doesn't seem like there would be much, and I realize it is a very basic package. We don't have to have top shelf liquor. I am happy with vodka/soda, rum punch, and if I have to buy a few pina coladas over and above the package I am good with that.

3. Anyone know what white wine they offer as part of the package? Brand doesn't matter too much, hoping they have sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio.

4. Do minors receive a non alcoholic package or no perk? I don't see any mention of them in the details of the promotion. 

We booked through an agent, and much earlier than we usually do.  We did not get any info from MSC as we did on a prior cruise on Seaside. Not sure if it is because we used an agent this time, or if I need to login and look for my booking inclusions/contract.

Thank you to anyone who can clarify. Any suggestions or tips welcome!

The drink selection menu pictured differs from my included Easy Package for my Western Caribbean cruise in November. Unless MSC recently changed the selections, It may be a European version, versus an American version. The photos of my drink package below were printed when I booked my cruise in January of this year.

E83C002E-E4ED-49AD-97F7-6CD9EEE1E5EA.jpeg

96C286BF-7757-4C0C-9F0E-74FD8AF39129.jpeg

DBE95BF8-05DB-42B7-B33F-3BC8707AF259.jpeg

Edited by TomC21

Just off the Meraviglia and had the "easy package" included with our Aurea experience.  As another poster said, gratuity is included...there's not even a line to add more. FYI, we were unhappy with the limited available drink options of this package, so upgraded to the "premium plus" package. We're not heavy drinkers, but we wanted the flexibility to drink what we wanted when we wanted, including the use of all drinks and snacks in our mini bar (somehow pringles taste better on vacation and it was very handy to grab bottled waters before leaving the ship for excursions!) With premium plus, when I ordered a glass of champagne with dinner, the waiter would automatically bring the bottle (not that I drank the whole thing, but it was fun.) When I ordered a cosmo at any bar and asked for grey goose, the response was "no problem" and the bill was always $0.  Enjoy your cruise...the Meraviglia is a beautiful ship!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

You're not charged an additional gratuity if you have a drink package included. 

Minors will receive a non alcoholic version of the package. 

This is the easy drinks selection. Including the white wines offered. 

Screenshot_20190117-170506_Facebook.jpg

Another list.

1602744859_BevPackageSpecs.thumb.png.795de913771826cb803a8f281a8fca30.png

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2019 at 8:06 AM, CelebrationFamily said:

Just off the Meraviglia and had the "easy package" included with our Aurea experience.  As another poster said, gratuity is included...there's not even a line to add more. FYI, we were unhappy with the limited available drink options of this package, so upgraded to the "premium plus" package. We're not heavy drinkers, but we wanted the flexibility to drink what we wanted when we wanted, including the use of all drinks and snacks in our mini bar (somehow pringles taste better on vacation and it was very handy to grab bottled waters before leaving the ship for excursions!) With premium plus, when I ordered a glass of champagne with dinner, the waiter would automatically bring the bottle (not that I drank the whole thing, but it was fun.) When I ordered a cosmo at any bar and asked for grey goose, the response was "no problem" and the bill was always $0.  Enjoy your cruise...the Meraviglia is a beautiful ship!

How much was the upgrade from Easy to Premium Plus and did you upgrade on the ship or in advance?

• Like 1

We were dumb rookies and upgraded on the ship...simply didn’t think about it beforehand. Our bad. The upgrade was €200 each...ridiculous...until you know that every glass of champagne is at least €11 and every premium brand martini is €20 (so unavailable on even the premium package,) plus service charge. With premium PLUS, the bill is always 0 and there’s not even a line to add a tip. Because it was vacation, and we flew on points and paid a fantastic price for our room, we splurged and enjoyed the convenience and luxury of the better package. Cheers! :-) 

3BD41FA1-1532-42CF-AEE3-5176FF535A24.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, missemo12345 said:

I see the prices for drinks on several post if you don't have the drink package at all would this be the price we would pay? Or is the price that is noted only for guest with the drink package?

The prices on the menus are for both really, for the guest with a drinks package it shows them what they can have related to the drinks package they have. For the guest with no drinks package it is the price shown plus 15% service charge,

• Like 1

Please search for the fine print. If you book with the promotion, "Drinks On Us", there will be a 15% charge per drink. You will not be getting free drinks with no gratuities.  It's no different when ordering online, buy one get one, but you still have to pay taxes on that second item. Think about it,  can you imagine if half of the ship purchased their trip during the "Drinks On Us" promotion? That would mean that close to 2500 people would not be paying gratuities on each drink ordered. NO ship in the world will let that happen. Only if you PURCHASED a drink package, will the gratuities be included. Look on the bright side, for every $10 drink you get, you pay $1.50. 5 drinks a day, for 7 days, your bill would be $52.50. 2 weeks ago I averaged about 8 drinks a day, on the Seaside, and I upgraded for $189 each from the "Drinks On Us" (free promotion with our booking), to the deluxe package.  If you get the promotion, 8 drinks X $1.50 X 7 days =$84. Not a bad deal! We only upgraded because of top shelf, frozen drinks, gelato and crepes. Have Fun!

59 minutes ago, famski740 said:

I believe only yes if you have the package prior to boarding. If purchased or updated after boarding then the 15% is added to each drink.

i think its only 15% added to the purchase price of the package after that no service charge on each drink

On 4/2/2019 at 8:06 AM, CelebrationFamily said:

Perfect timing :) I just booked Meraviglia and I'm new to MSC. I have a question about upgrading from the Easy Package to Premium or Premium Plus. is the cost to upgrade prorated since you already had "purchased" the Easy Package. Can you tell me what the cost was to upgrade? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CruiseandCruise said:

Perfect timing 🙂 I just booked Meraviglia and I'm new to MSC. I have a question about upgrading from the Easy Package to Premium or Premium Plus. is the cost to upgrade prorated since you already had "purchased" the Easy Package. Can you tell me what the cost was to upgrade? 

You don't say when and where you're sailing.  There's a difference in prices between when the currency onboard is in Euros (most MSC sailings) and when it's in US$ (for US-based sailings).

18 hours ago, famski740 said:

I believe only yes if you have the package prior to boarding. If purchased or updated after boarding then the 15% is added to each drink.

15% is not added to each drink when you have an all-inclusive drinks package.  If you purchase or upgrade a package before sailing, you avoid the 15% that's added to the cost of package/upgrade if done onboard.

• Thanks 1

We have just returned from a cruise  and were very disappointed with the drinks on the basic package. We were told on arrival on board that only one red, white and rose wine were under €6 and one beer. A lot of drinks were priced just over at €6.10 or €6.20 which we found very disingenuous. We felt we had no choice but to upgrade and as we were on board had the 15% on top.

On 4/10/2019 at 2:54 PM, CelebrationFamily said:

We were dumb rookies and upgraded on the ship...simply didn’t think about it beforehand. Our bad. The upgrade was €200 each...ridiculous...until you know that every glass of champagne is at least €11 and every premium brand martini is €20 (so unavailable on even the premium package,) plus service charge. With premium PLUS, the bill is always 0 and there’s not even a line to add a tip. Because it was vacation, and we flew on points and paid a fantastic price for our room, we splurged and enjoyed the convenience and luxury of the better package. Cheers! :-) 

3BD41FA1-1532-42CF-AEE3-5176FF535A24.jpeg

cool....you guys look happy...I'm sure there is a story behind the t-shirts☺️

1 hour ago, noah300 said:

Not to hijack this ....

Yes, it's better to start a new thread.  That hot tub picture looks like a Meraviglia class Duplex suite, pics of your Suite with large balcony are fairly uncommon.  Based on deck they vary widely in cabin square footage and balcony size, deck 12 are considered the best.  Review of similarly sized 13001 with pics:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2426428-live-from-msc-meraviglia-sailing-from-barcelona-7717-with-lots-of-photos/page/4/