Easter Island

lois1112

I am doing a cruise of the antarctic that ends in Santiago, Chile. I would love to go to Easter Island while in that part of the world

Does anyone know of tour companies that do Santiago and Easter Island

thank you  

47 minutes ago, craftygrandma said:

What cruise are you on?  We are also considering doing Easter Island after our Jan 31, 2020 cruise.  I have been looking at hotwire for quotes.  

I am on the Jan. 21st cruise that leaves Buenos Aires and arrives in Santiago (I believe we arrive on 2/6)

You don't really need a tour company.

I've been there twice - just booked my own flights and organized a place to stay beforehand. 

End of January is very high season so expect to pay a lot for flights and accommodation.

2 hours ago, OzCanuck said:

You don't really need a tour company.

I've been there twice - just booked my own flights and organized a place to stay beforehand. 

End of January is very high season so expect to pay a lot for flights and accommodation.

any tips on a hotel? Tours?

2 hours ago, lois1112 said:

any tips on a hotel? Tours?

The locals congregate in the airport for incoming flights.  The first time I went I just took a bed in a very low budget hotel.  The second time we rented the top floor in someone's house (but arranged it beforehand).  I'll have to dig up the info.  Both rentals were very close to Hanga Roa; maybe a 10-15 minute walk to get into town. Airbnb is very well represented.

I did not do any tours on either trip.  I found, for me anyway, that it was a place I wanted to explore on my own and in my own time.  Both times I rented a jeep for the duration.  The roads are well marked and apart from the back road to Ahu Akivi, are in fairly good shape.  Of course it is impossible to get lost as you can see from one side of the Island to the other.

We ate in the local restaurants; had some great fresh fish and some not so great pizza.  It is one of these places that draws you back, and I feel the pull yet again to return. 

I'm at the age now where I'm not comfortable driving in a foreign country (and I'm not that old...........oldish)   

So I'm looking for a tour or tour company/ guide

I'm 100% up for eating local, its one of the reason I travel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 1:49 PM, lois1112 said:

I am on the Jan. 21st cruise that leaves Buenos Aires and arrives in Santiago (I believe we arrive on 2/6)

We're probably on the same cruise (Coral Princess).  I'm just starting to explore going to Easter Island after the cruise.

Here are two tour companies I found so far; we'd prefer to have one company book hotel, transfers & tours:

https://www.fullchiletour.com/easter-island/

https://www.adventure-life.com/chile/easter-island

13 hours ago, vakamalua said:

We're probably on the same cruise (Coral Princess).  I'm just starting to explore going to Easter Island after the cruise.

Here are two tour companies I found so far; we'd prefer to have one company book hotel, transfers & tours:

https://www.fullchiletour.com/easter-island/

https://www.adventure-life.com/chile/easter-island

thank you.............my travel agent found a package for me at explora that is $$$$ so I'm looking for something cheaper. I would love to do some of chile as well (1-2 days)

are you on the roll call?