Royal Caribbean New Prime offers

fla gang

On 4/2/2019 at 10:02 AM, fla gang said:

Does anyone know when this years Prime offers will be posted?

11 hours ago, sandebeach said:

When I called last week, they said to check back on April 8. 

This is the same thing they told me last Friday.  🙂 

I hope they are available by the 13th.  The final payment on our Ovation cruise was April 6.  I called on the 5th and got an extension until the 13th.  I called today and they said it was a 1 time extension so if the certs aren't available by the 13th I will need to cancel the reservations so I don't lose my deposit and then wait until the certs come out and cross my fingers than the Ovation still has interiors left... argh

Anyone know besides Holidays if they black out Spring Break days for these free Prime (or above)  cruises? I figured it'll be kinda hard unless they blacked out the entire month of March since different States have different weeks for spring break. 

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

As far as I am aware, there are no black-out periods except for "holidays" but that has never been defined so I'm not sure which holidays are included.  The cruise must be no more than 8 days to qualify.

Actually I believe its 8 NIGHTS or less which technically would be 9 days

They told me today

"we are hoping to have them done in the next week or so"

I read that as "We have no clue"

Edited by proggieus
  • Thanks 1

I had booked the Ovation for July 12, 2019. To use as my Prime free cruise. I was told as long as final payment was not paid I could apply the free cruise and use the deposit for the taxes and fees. The final payment day is today. Already booked the airfare etc. so one way or another this cruise was going to happen.

I called Club Royale yesterday. They were very nice and helpful with my predicament. After 2 long talks to supervisors. The person told me they would extend my final payment 5 days (04/18/2019). And were confident the free cruise would be available by then.

1 hour ago, rt1092 said:

I had booked the Ovation for July 12, 2019. To use as my Prime free cruise. I was told as long as final payment was not paid I could apply the free cruise and use the deposit for the taxes and fees. The final payment day is today. Already booked the airfare etc. so one way or another this cruise was going to happen.

I called Club Royale yesterday. They were very nice and helpful with my predicament. After 2 long talks to supervisors. The person told me they would extend my final payment 5 days (04/18/2019). And were confident the free cruise would be available by then.

Good luck!  I am booked for the July 5 sailing.  I had the same plan.  Final payment day was April 6.  I called and they gave me an extension until today but seeing as the certs are still not out it is not looking good.  I am going to have to cancel and hope they still have rooms left when the certs finally come out...

2 hours ago, rt1092 said:

You may want to call back if you do not intend to cruise even if you can’t use the certificate.  I am on the phone with them now and they are telling me if I cancel they will not give me back my $1000 deposit (2 staterooms which were both going to be using prime certs) because once the original final payment hits then penalties kicks in which is the opposite of what I was told last week. I am going to lose my mind...

51 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

You may want to call back if you do not intend to cruise even if you can’t use the certificate.  I am on the phone with them now and they are telling me if I cancel they will not give me back my $1000 deposit (2 staterooms which were both going to be using prime certs) because once the original final payment hits then penalties kicks in which is the opposite of what I was told last week. I am going to lose my mind...

I finally got them to give me the deposits back.  It took a while though!

5 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I finally got them to give me the deposits back.  It took a while though!

We are going to go on this cruise whether they give it to us or we have to pay for it. Already booked the airfare. They did tell me if I cancelled I would lose the deposit. But once I make final payment they can't refund it for the free cruise.

They really should get their act together a little better. I can understand if you have around the minimum 2500 points to wait and verify. But my wife has 20,000 and I have 16,000. So I honestly don't understand why they couldn't have them ready on April 2, 2019

52 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

We are going to go on this cruise whether they give it to us or we have to pay for it. Already booked the airfare. They did tell me if I cancelled I would lose the deposit. But once I make final payment they can't refund it for the free cruise.

They really should get their act together a little better. I can understand if you have around the minimum 2500 points to wait and verify. But my wife has 20,000 and I have 16,000. So I honestly don't understand why they couldn't have them ready on April 2, 2019

I know, it should not be this difficult.

54 minutes ago, fla gang said:

They told me they weren't going to post any tier offers until they were done calculating all of them.

They should have had the ones that were way over the 2500 point minimum in the system and ready to go. The worst case scenario. would be someone barely makes it to the next level.