Cruise Critic Community
Hershey.1x

Amazing Tour of Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City

We were planning to be in Saigon mid February 2019 as part of a cruise itinerary and knew the sights we needed to see. Performing a quick search on TripAdvisor we found Xin Chao Private Vietnam Tours. The operator, Jasmine, put a tour together based on my sight list and came back with the following: Pick up at ship; Cholon: china town; old Thien Hau temple to learn about my custom and religion; Riding tri-cycle (rickshaws) through local markets in old city for 45 minutes; Walking in small alleys and through a local market to discover the real life as the soul of my city; Downtown: war museum and site, walking on Dongkhoi road to visit French buildings: Notre Dame Church, City Post-office, City Hall and The Rex hotel; There is also a unique building that the Huey Uh1 evacuated people climbing on the ladder one day before the North came to take over Saigon in 1975, it became the iconic photo of the Fall of Saigon. It's my honour to take you there as it is not opened for tourist and public :-); New city to see the contrast between old and new residences.; Back to the port. Connecting and communicating with Jasmine was a breeze, she replied quickly and was professional in every communication.

The day was so full of amazing experiences, we enjoyed every minute of it.

Saigon is a couple hours away from the cruise terminal. Our primary concern was getting back to the ship at the end of the day. Our worries were for nothing. The van used was a newer model, spotless and in excellent condition with ample room and welcome air conditioning. Our driver kept us safely on the move from and to the ship and from sight to sight.

Our guide, Ms. Tuyen was full of knowledge, happiness and exuberance. She insisted we call her “Happy Sarah” as it was much easier to pronounce. Sarah shared her vast knowledge about Vietnam, it’s history and each sight we visited. The locals seemed to treat her like their own daughter. I think she is well liked and we can see why. Sarah sang us a song on our way back to the ship and created a video of our day for us! 

By the end of the day we were exhausted, full of knowledge and very happy we chose this company for our tour of Saigon. It was much better than a crowded shore excursion offered through the ship! Thanks Jasmine for setting this up for us and for setting us up with “Happy Sarah”. We wish you and Sarah continued success!