bOOZE PURCHASE

crisaborke

My hubby and I are all booked for the Anthem of the Sea this April 27th- We are not heavy drinkers (a glass of wine maybe 2 tops 3) per day and maybe my hubby drinks 2 beers. I did not originally book with the booze package and I was wondering what the actual cost of drinks are if you don't go with the package? Neither of us drink as much as what appears to be needed if you want to break even. Any response is appreciated.  Thanks in advance410114242_5156(002).thumb.jpeg.f9f18bbed597ecdd68251e0ea3a24051.jpeg

i had thought that my inquiry would be seen by anyone who has been on the Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Sea.

Recently mentioned this to my travel agent- she should have more of a definitive answer. Thank you

Beers are around $8.  Mixed drinks around $10 - 12.  Frozen drinks around $13-14.  Wine runs $12 to ... per glass

Beverage package also includes fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast.  Specialty coffees like espresso and cappuccino (but not Starbucks), bottled waters, and sodas.

Also, there is a convenience factor.  If you are on a package, they swipe your card and you go.  If not, you have to sign a slip for each order.  And check you cruise bill at some point to make sure it is correct.

We do juice and coffee in the morning.  Grab some waters for later.   A couple of drinks by the pool, a drink before dinner, a glass of wine or two, and a drink during the show, and we have more than broken even on the package.

If you have a port intensive itinerary, that will skew the numbers.

You can always start without it, go a couple of days, see how things are working out, and buy a package later.

Some ships will also offer a 10 drink card at some point for about $80 (plus gratuity).

THANK YOU SO MUCH

great advice. I am not a juice in the morning person- but I do drink coffee, maybe 2 cups per day but regular coffee is fine (that is included) We were told we can bring a case of water on board (we are water drinkers) and 2 bottles of Wine (plus my travel agent is having a bottle of champagne waiting for us)  I really appreciate your insight. I understand the convenience of having it all paid for verses paying for it each time with your credit card. I was told that the gratuity is included when you pay as you go unlike when you pre-paid which to me, doesn't make sense. I'm taking your suggestion- We will wait and see what transpires after a few days. We do intend to be off the boat for the 2 days while we are docked in Bermuda and then Boston- that's 3 days which we wont be on board much and eating and drinking  much. Again, thanks so much. Appreciate your response.

Did a quick math break down for you based on the data you provided.

Not sure of the daily pp price on the Anthem for the Deluxe Package but I'm going to use $56.00 a day pp for an example.

Deluxe Beverage Package $56.00 X 2 = $112.00 + 18% grat = $132.16 per day X 7 days = $925.12 total for 2

Average glass of wine $12.00 + 18% grat = $14.16 X 6 per day = $84.96 X 7 days  = $594.72

Average Beer (Domestic) $7.25 + 18% grat = $8.56 X 2 per day = $17.11 X 7 days = $119.77

Total Cost = $714.49

So based on this you would be better off just paying as you go instead of buying the package with a savings of $210.63

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise 👍😊

• Thanks 1

Thank you cool cruiser- I agree with your math solution and totally agree-(that's base on 6 glasses of wine per day for both me and my husband) I am on WW anyway and really need to watch my alcohol intake, even on my vacation, lol 

I'm grateful for your suggestion and have decided to just "wing it" this time and see what we end of spending. Additionally, we do intend to spend as much "land time" when we dock in Bermuda so we will be eating and drinking off the sip- that goes for Boston as well.