Viking Ocean - Combined Cruise Schedule

CharTrav

Waiting for Viking Tellus to release their itineraries.  Hoping they will have something new.

Would like something new down in my part of the world (New Zealand).  Maybe more in Australia, (Circle Australia), and the South Pacific.  Perth to Africa would be great.  Are you listening Viking.  Just hoping.  I am over the long flights to Europe  (24 hrs) and do not want to go back to Asia.  South America is probably my best bet at the moment.  Direct flight from NZ about 11 hours.    Just want to do another Viking cruise.

35 minutes ago, harbourside said:

Waiting for Viking Tellus to release their itineraries.  Hoping they will have something new.

Would like something new down in my part of the world (New Zealand).  Maybe more in Australia, (Circle Australia), and the South Pacific.  Perth to Africa would be great.  Are you listening Viking.  Just hoping.  I am over the long flights to Europe  (24 hrs) and do not want to go back to Asia.  South America is probably my best bet at the moment.  Direct flight from NZ about 11 hours.    Just want to do another Viking cruise.

Me too!  (another cruise).  We are doing South America next month - and there are several people from AUS/NZ going.

As for new cruises - I agree - a Circle Australia and especially a Perth to South Africa would get our interest!

Here's to future cruising!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 3:42 PM, dd57 said:

It seems to be missing Orion after  5 June 2020.  Hopefully my cruise in 2021 is still on!

Are you looking at the latest one?  Orion is scheduled through May 2022. It may also be an artifact of how you’ve filtered the spreadsheet. Use the show all button and then filter on Orion. 

@dd57 Just cuz it was worrying me so .. I checked the spreadsheet (earlier response was from my Ipad, now I'm sitting at my workstation).. and I'm still baffled by your post.  It shows Orion scheduled out through May 2022 (North Pacific Passage, starting 02 May 2022).  But wait!  Ah! I think I may have figured out the source of your confusion.

The dates you see under First Sail (Col E) are just that -- the date for the First Sailing of an itinerary during the 3 yr period covered by this spreadsheet.  In this three year time period (2020 to 2022), the First Sailing of Alaska & Inside Passage is 05 Jun 20, which repeats 8 times during 2020 and 10 times during 2021 (1st Sail for 2021 shown in Col AA is 19 May).  Hasn't been scheduled yet for 2022.  When I developed this spreadsheet I decided the easiest way to present this data was to provide for each ship itinerary/Trip Name (e.g. North Pacific Passage) during a given year just the 1st Sail date and then how many times that cruise occured in each month (e.g., 2x is 2 times). And leave it to the user to go back to the Viking Ocean site to determine the exact sail date for a cruise during a given month. The 1st Sail column for each cruise year (Cols M, AA, and AO) is used to support sorting for a given year. Below is an illustration of that part of the spreadsheet covering Orion for all of 2020 and a little bit of 2021 (it continues through 2022).

image.thumb.png.c917b4a78e2ed2b71d5b32c5c1e40f07.png

If you (or anybody else on this thread) need further detailed assistance with this spreadsheet, please don't hesitate to contact me directly using the email address provided in the ReadMe tab.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dd57 said:

Oh, ok. Thank you for explaining it to me.

You're welcome. And I'm serious - if you need any detailed help or have suggestions for how I can improve the helps provided on the first tab (Readme), please contact me directly using my email address given on the ReadMe tab  

• 1 month later...

Just posted a minor update. A new cruise was added for the Orion in Dec 2021 called Australia & New Zealand Holiday -- an extended (16 day) version of the 15 day Australia & New Zealand cruise. More explained in the Log. Assuming (gulp!) that 2020 is pretty well fixed in stone so only rechecked 2021 and 2022.  I keep checking for the next big drop of changes. 

Yesterday, Viking announced and posted the schedule for its new Viking Expeditions -- the Octantis and Polaris.  Even though this is not strictly speaking Viking Oceans, added them to the spreadsheet and posted it. 

• Like 1

This might be a duplicate if so our apologies.

We so appreciate this thread.  Helps us keep on top of what is new.

We are still waiting, with fingers crossed to see In the Wake of the Vikings, 2021, Bergen to Montreal To show up.  It is at the top of our list.

Midge

• 1 month later...

Just posted the latest update to the 2020-2022 Schedule which now includes and will continue to include Viking Expeditions.  So I don't have to change the link to the file, it's still named Viking Oceans.. but will be changed next year (2021-2023) to simply Viking Cruise Schedules.. Should I ever be masochistic enough to add Viking River to the mix .. this generic name leaves me room to do so.  Anyway -- the major updates/additions are

• Viking Expeditions' land tour/cruises to Peru, Machu Picchu & the Galapagos Islands announced last month and available to the public as of March
  • Deletion of cruises affected by Viking's decision (in response to the COVID-19 outbreak) to reposition Orion directly to Vancouver from Sydney in March 2020:  Grand Pacific Explorer; Australia, Asia & Beyond; South Pacific Sojourn; Bangkok, Bali & Beyond; Southeast Asia; Southeast Asia & Hong Kong; Southeast Asia Horizons; Far East & Alaska; Far Eastern Horizons; and North Pacific Passage.this Spring
  • Added two links in ReadMe tab with which you may
    • download a new copy of the spreadsheet if you need to and
    • access the whole folder where previous and new versions of this spreadsheet are kept.

As always -- instructions along with the link to download the spreadsheet are provided in my signature block or you may use this link to access it directly (important for mobile users that may not be able to see my signature block at all):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0h7vvslptkwg2n/Viking Ocean Cruises (2020 to 2022).xlsm?dl=0

@mmwc and others -- sorry to say the state of the ship schedules in 2022 has not changed.  Sky, Jupiter, Orion and Venus are the only ones scheduled into 2022 and only out to May. The rest are only scheduled through the Summer of 2021.

Edited by CharTrav
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for the update.  Your attention to detail is so impressive.

We continue to cross our fingers that In the Wake of the Vikings 2021 is offered.  We are frustrated that we can not seem to get a consistent answer from Viking about this sailing.  We hope our patience holds out.

if you hear anything please let us know.

With  thanks - Michael and Midge

15 minutes ago, mmwc said:

Thanks so much for the update.  Your attention to detail is so impressive.

We continue to cross our fingers that In the Wake of the Vikings 2021 is offered.  We are frustrated that we can not seem to get a consistent answer from Viking about this sailing.  We hope our patience holds out.

if you hear anything please let us know.

With  thanks - Michael and Midge

I'm sure In the Wake of the Vikings will be offered in 2021, don't worry.  There must be some reason why the schedule remains so sparse in late 2021 .. but I trust that in the next few months .. it'll start filling up. It has to.

And btw .. for others who may be wondering .. I did in fact recheck ALL the cruises scheduled to start March to May 2020 just in case other cruises ... in addition to Orion's this Spring .. had been cancelled.  There were none.  Which aligns with Viking's latest (as of today -- March 1st) Coronavirus update -- https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/my-trip/current-sailings/index.html. 

• Like 1

You have given us hope and we like your optimism.  That is what we will hold on to for sure.

We will continue to check the Viking website on a regular basis.

Thank you for all your expertise.

M and M 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the 2020-2022 Cruise Schedule to reflect Viking's decision last night to suspend all new cruises embarking as of today through April 30th. As always -- instructions along with the link to download the spreadsheet -- are provided in my signature block or you may use this link to access it directly (important for mobile users that may not be able to see my signature block at all):   https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0h7vvslptkwg2n/Viking Ocean Cruises (2020 to 2022).xlsm?dl=0

Did not check for changes to cruise schedules in 2022.  Don't think Viking is focused on them at all right now.  Got enough on their plate to handle.  I'll check this Summer.

• 3 weeks later...

With sadness but not entirely surprise either, I've posted an update to the Combined Cruise Schedule reflecting the news today regarding the suspension of operations through June 30, 2020.  Received an email from Mr Hagen this morning regarding our cruise departing Barcelona on May 6th but had been expecting it when I saw earlier this morning that our MVJ  for that cruise had gone wonky ("Technical Difficulties") and then when I checked the general VO schedule and observed that the cruise search calendar now starts in July,   I had actually checked it last night .. wondering if any new cruises had been posted for 2022 which is why I know the shift happened overnight.  Later confirmed by the email from Mr Hagen this morning.  All I can say at this point is what a tragic mess. When operations finally start again, how to get the ships back in position?? The Sea and Star are OK and maybe eventually the Sun but what about Orion, Jupiter, and Sky? They're nowhere near where they will need to be. Sigh ....

Edited by CharTrav

Just caught - again as it always is - that the 2020-2021 World Cruise with a few segments is on the VO site. How long it's been there have no idea. But not long. Cuz I have been checking. Will update and post the revised spreadsheet soon. And who knows? Maybe more than just the Sun's schedule has been updated. However,  still not seeing anything after May 2022, which is why I think it may just be the Sun so far. But we remain ever hopeful. 

22 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

Just caught - again as it always is - that the 2020-2021 World Cruise with a few segments is on the VO site. How long it's been there have no idea. But not long. Cuz I have been checking. Will update and post the revised spreadsheet soon. And who knows? Maybe more than just the Sun's schedule has been updated. However,  still not seeing anything after May 2022, which is why I think it may just be the Sun so far. But we remain ever hopeful. 

I must be getting tired. Surely that 2020-21 world cruise is already in my spreadsheet! With all its segments too. Sheesh! Will check in the morning and post a beating myself with a wet noodle message esp if I raised an alarm for nothing. 🙀

9 hours ago, CharTrav said:

I must be getting tired. Surely that 2020-21 world cruise is already in my spreadsheet! With all its segments too. Sheesh! Will check in the morning and post a beating myself with a wet noodle message esp if I raised an alarm for nothing. 🙀

Yup. Tired. 🏏🍜

• 3 weeks later...

@mmwc  good news! In the wake of the Vikings has been scheduled for September 2021! Got a heads up today that new cruises have been posted out thru Sept 2022. Will update the spreadsheet and post pronto but wanted you to know soonest that the cruise you want is scheduled. 

Edited by CharTrav

You are THE BEST.  We have asked our TA to put a hold on a cabin.  Had thought this would not happen.  

Thank you so very much for keeping us updated.  It is wonderful to have something to look forward to.

Midge and Michael

1 hour ago, CharTrav said:

@mmwc  good news! In the wake of the Vikings has been scheduled for September 2021! Got a heads up today that new cruises have been posted out thru Sept 2022. Will update the spreadsheet and post pronto but wanted you to know soonest that the cruise you want is scheduled. 

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't expect to see anything new as I figured Viking had their hands full. Since we can't actually travel now, I do like to spend time browsing and dreaming of the future!

3 hours ago, lackcreativity said:

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't expect to see anything new as I figured Viking had their hands full. Since we can't actually travel now, I do like to spend time browsing and dreaming of the future!

I was surprised too. Like you I assumed they had other worries. But I guess with all these vouchers going out they didn't want to leave us without cruises to choose. For us we're already set for 2021 so am particularly glad that 2022 is opening up. 

I am reviewing the entire 2021 schedule before working on 2022. Have already found one case - late in 2021 - where adjustments were made to what was there before. Having found one, am alert for others. 

Edited by CharTrav

Have just finished updating the Combined Cruise Schedule  and uploaded it to DropBox (same old place -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0h7vvslptkwg2n/Viking Ocean Cruises (2020 to 2022).xlsm?dl=0).

Sea, Sky, Jupiter, and Venus are now scheduled out through September 2022.  Sun is still only scheduled through September 2021.  Star is scheduled through September 2021 but then nothing from October 2021 thru April 2022, and then scheduled thru September 2022 in the Baltic.  Guess they haven't figured out what she's going to do after she reaches New York; clearly heading to do stuff in the Caribbean but what??.  Noticed an oversight with the Sea in Nov 2021 -- she starts cruising in the Caribbean in Dec 2021 (West Indies Explorer) but with no TA preceding.  Added a "guess entry" for West Indies to Spain based on when she reaches Barcelona. Assume this will be taken care of at some point.  And yes -- maintaining this spreadsheet, despite its pickyness (is that a word?) -- is a fun activity for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Star is scheduled through September 2021 but then nothing from October 2021 thru April 2022, and then scheduled thru September 2022 in the Baltic.  Guess they haven't figured out what she's going to do after she reaches New York; clearly heading to do stuff in the Caribbean but what??.  

Time for refurbishing? 🤔