I'm so confused about how the dinner service works without a set dinner time

ChaseBC127

My wife and I are set to sail on the Costa Fortuna in the next few days, but I'm confused about how dinner works if you don't have a set dinner time.  With the particular ticket my wife and I bought, we are not able to select a dinner time.  It just says "The selected rate does not allow you to select a time for dinner."

So what does that mean?  Do we just show up to the restaurant whenever we want?  Then we have to wait in line or something?  There are only two of us so I imagine it shouldnt be too difficult to get a table.  

Also will we have to share a table with other people?  Just not sure what to expect at this point.

Edited by ChaseBC127

6 minutes ago, ChaseBC127 said:

My wife and I are set to sail on the Costa Fortuna in the next few days, but I'm confused about how dinner works if you don't have a set dinner time.  With the particular ticket my wife and I bought, we are not able to select a dinner time.  It just says "The selected rate does not allow you to select a time for dinner."

So what does that mean?  Do we just show up to the restaurant whenever we want?  Then we have to wait in line or something?  There are only two of us so I imagine it shouldnt be too difficult to get a table.  

Also will we have to share a table with other people?  Just not sure what to expect at this point.

There are 2 set times for dinner on the Costa Fortuna  6.30 pm and 9.30 pm.

When you board it will show on your cruise card which seating and table you have been allocated.  If you want to change it see the maitre'd the day you board. The time he is available will be in the daily 'Diaro"

I did not see any tables for two so you will probably be sharing. They do seat English speaking guests together.

Diner service is allocated by which type of cabin you are in, in general English speaking guests are given early sitting, but it will depend on how many Premium guests chose early.

As said the Maître 'd will try to accommodate you for your preferred time if there is room in the MDR.

Just a note about Costa nowadays you will find that mostly all of the Restaurants including the Buffet serve roughly the same selection of food, in their attempt to reduce food waste.

The underlying question, if the agent couldn't/wouldn't explain something so simple, what else weren't they told about Basic fares, to decide what fare is best for them? It looks to be too late to cancel and if they used an online zero-service agent they probably won't get anywhere calling to demand honest and accurate information.