Oasis Transatlantic Cruise has been cancelled

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm very pleased with my refund and 100% FCC which as claimed is based on cruise fare only, not including taxes and port fees.  

I would have preferred to have taken the cruise as booked, and while not an 'Act of God' (which is really a totally inaccurate phrase) this was an accident.  

I am interested to know what is offered to guests who booked the same sailing on a non-US website, subject to regional regulations such as the EU.  "FCC" may not meet requirements of EU consumer protection requirements.  Which is right or wrong, better or worse isn't what I seek, just a simple understanding of what is extended to anyone who booked on an EU contract rather than a US contract.   

Did you get your CC refund of the original fare yet? 🤔

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

What happened to all your lovely EU consumer protections 🤔🤣

I work for an airline these rules do not apply here. For our trip we booked a lite ( non refund/ change) fare. Normally we fly standby but not when cruising. We loose that money. The airline has nothing to do with the cruiseline cancelkations if booked individually . Also even if rebookable you are still screwed as last minute changes almost always mean lower ( cheaper) booking classes are full. So for a transatlantic your 599 sale fare now becomes 1500 or more to get space on a different flight. Plus change fees. 

Now if airline canceks flight/ mechanical than you are covered v

Edited by mousefan73

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

When flights are booked separately there will be no consumer protection if your cruise is cancelled. Each airline will have their own rules. The airline I work for has some non refundable fares but most can be cancelled with a £200-400 fee depending on the fare. 

7 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Did you get your CC refund of the original fare yet? 🤔

All but $133 has been refunded however that is normal given the way credit card refunds post.  I'll give it a few days before seeking the remaining $133.

I have received my FCC, but the CC refunds haven't even started yet.

I have some confusion on the expiration date of the FCC. Hoping someone with knowledge is reading along these postings. My question has to do when the timing of the replacement cruise. My FCC expiration date is 4/30/2020. Now, does this mean that the funds must be applied before 4/30/2020 OR that the cruise must be booked by 4/30/2020 OR that the sail date must be on or before 4/30/2020 OR that the cruise must be completed by 4/30/2020 OR that the final payment date of the booked cruise must be on or before 4/30/2020?

Makes a difference! I'd just like to know what cruises I can be looking at before I call in to make a booking. I got SUCH a GREAT deal on the Oasis sailing that I really don't have that much to play around with, but it will probably mean about a BOGO type of cruise by the time the funds are applied.

And, just to help dispense useful information, I can let everyone know that the FCC is split between the passengers. That's not to say that the funds are equal, but that there are actually two FCC certificates issued, one in each of the passengers names on the sailing. So, for example, if you were sailing with a friend then you don't have to sail with exactly the same passenger on your replacement sailing as each gets a certificate in their name.

20 minutes ago, Member123 said:

I have received my FCC, but the CC refunds haven't even started yet.

I have some confusion on the expiration date of the FCC. Hoping someone with knowledge is reading along these postings. My question has to do when the timing of the replacement cruise. My FCC expiration date is 4/30/2020. Now, does this mean that the funds must be applied before 4/30/2020 OR that the cruise must be booked by 4/30/2020 OR that the sail date must be on or before 4/30/2020 OR that the cruise must be completed by 4/30/2020 OR that the final payment date of the booked cruise must be on or before 4/30/2020?

Makes a difference! I'd just like to know what cruises I can be looking at before I call in to make a booking. I got SUCH a GREAT deal on the Oasis sailing that I really don't have that much to play around with, but it will probably mean about a BOGO type of cruise by the time the funds are applied.

And, just to help dispense useful information, I can let everyone know that the FCC is split between the passengers. That's not to say that the funds are equal, but that there are actually two FCC certificates issued, one in each of the passengers names on the sailing. So, for example, if you were sailing with a friend then you don't have to sail with exactly the same passenger on your replacement sailing as each gets a certificate in their name.

Have to cruise by that date

You just have to BOOK a cruise by the expiration date of the Future Cruise Credit.  My FCC expiration date is 30 Apr 2020 and I just applied  my credit to a cruise reservation I already had for a date later than 30 Apr 2020 and received my confirmation.

Hope this helps clarify the date issue. Royal should have expressly stated this in their emailed letter. (I mentioned it to them when I called for clarification and to apply my credit.)

Really gonna miss my planned Oasis TA later this month... but wishing everyone favorable future cruise planning!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

All but $133 has been refunded however that is normal given the way credit card refunds post.  I'll give it a few days before seeking the remaining $133.

Have not gotten any $ back yet... used 3 different CC so it appears they have not processed it yet!

🙄

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Well one thing that appears to be covered by it is that for those who booked in the US their FCC is only valid for one year - for those in the UK (and other parts of Europe) it's valid for 2 years. That may not mean much to you but for people who already have plans/budgets in place for the next year, another year's grace is important 😜

45 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Well one thing that appears to be covered by it is that for those who booked in the US their FCC is only valid for one year - for those in the UK (and other parts of Europe) it's valid for 2 years. That may not mean much to you but for people who already have plans/budgets in place for the next year, another year's grace is important 😜

Bobal... There also was a  difference in that UK FCCs were valid for all 3 brands where as USA FCCs were only valid for the brand they were issued against.... now, I am talking a few years ago but read the small print to see what it says!  Apologies if they have changed it..

Bests

LBx

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, long4acruise said:

You just have to BOOK a cruise by the expiration date of the Future Cruise Credit.  My FCC expiration date is 30 Apr 2020 and I just applied  my credit to a cruise reservation I already had for a date later than 30 Apr 2020 and received my confirmation.

Hope this helps clarify the date issue. Royal should have expressly stated this in their emailed letter. (I mentioned it to them when I called for clarification and to apply my credit.)

Really gonna miss my planned Oasis TA later this month... but wishing everyone favorable future cruise planning!

Thank you! That certainly makes it much more usable for us.

Omigosh; I'm feeling the same emotions as you expressed. Something about looking for a replacement cruise (which I feel I've used the wrong word as "replacement" isn't really achievable, but more getting excited for another opportunity)... is making me miss my Oasis TA even more!

Anyway, thank you for your knowledgeable response. I was trying to avoid calling in until I'd figured out what we want to do cause I know that the phone lines are absolutely swamped with people needing help right now.

3 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Have not gotten any $ back yet... used 3 different CC so it appears they have not processed it yet!

🙄

Holy Cow  you even knew that a crane was going to hit the ship  WOW!😇

Edited by molly361

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Bobal... There also was a  difference in that UK FCCs were valid for all 3 brands where as USA FCCs were only valid for the brand they were issued against.... now, I am talking a few years ago but read the small print to see what it says!  Apologies if they have changed it..

Bests

LBx

Thanks LB. Apparently that's not the case any more unfortunately 

Here are the terms and conditions from the FCC I received when the Navigator was cancelled due to the refresh running over time this past February:

• Redeemable towards cruise fare only. Guest is responsible for taxes and fees where applicable. Not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, or Charter sailings.
  • One certificate per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted on this certificate.
  • If credit is applied to a booking of lesser value, the difference will be issued as a new Future Cruise Certificate.
  • Royal Caribbean reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives reimbursement.
  • Cruise must be taken by 02/28/2020.
  • Valid only for the cruise brand shown above.
  • As are all requests for reservations, the offered space is subject to availability, and from time to time, itineraries may be altered or services on a specific ship may be discontinued. Certain restrictions apply
  • Non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.

INFORMATION REGARDING REDEMPTION: Please present this savings certificate to your travel agent or if you booked directly with Royal Caribbean International, call 1 (800) 256-6649 to redeem. Your final payment will be adjusted to reflect savings. NOTE TO THE TRAVEL AGENT: Certificate value may not be deducted from deposit amount and the offer will not be extended. Commission will be based on the cruise fare amount after this certificate has been applied to the booking. For fastest service please redeem at www.cruisingpower.com, or by emailing your request to Coupons@rccl.com. You can also mail to Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, Coupon Redemption Center, 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132.

Anecdotal information regarding the FCC.

Even though others have reported that they were able to have the FCC applied to a sailing beyond the expiration date of the certificate, I was just denied that by Guest Relations. There is a special number given to us on the FCC for calling in and discussing our situation.

So, there it is. What applies to one person, may not apply to another. Concessions made to bookings for some individuals, may not apply to all.

I hate to be one of THOSE people who argues fine points ad nauseum. The only reason that I'm reposting my experience is that I didn't want to be part of any misinformation and have someone rely upon what they've read here and be told that the information they thought they knew... they didn't know. 

Buyer beware. YMMV. Whatever.

I just got my future cruise credit for the cancelled Oasis transatlantic. It appears they did not credit the taxes paid.  Does anyone know if or how the taxes will be refunded? Also, some people have stated they received an email from rcl stating they have a dedicated person to answer any and all questions related to the cancellation issues. I am diamond plus and have not received any such email. Perhaps only pinnacles get that?  Any wisdom appreciated...

6 minutes ago, Oneluckywoman said:

I just got my future cruise credit for the cancelled Oasis transatlantic. It appears they did not credit the taxes paid.  Does anyone know if or how the taxes will be refunded? Also, some people have stated they received an email from rcl stating they have a dedicated person to answer any and all questions related to the cancellation issues. I am diamond plus and have not received any such email. Perhaps only pinnacles get that?  Any wisdom appreciated...

You'll get back everything you paid. The future credit is for the cruise, not the taxes

Edited by cruisinfanatic

On 4/3/2019 at 9:29 AM, MJSailors said:

As I understand it, seems that RCCL is doing the right thing with giving the booked passengers refunds and a future cruise credit.

Of course, accidents happen and it is fortunate that no one was injured at the dry dock facility.

It’s easy to do the right thing when someone else’s insurance is paying for it.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:50 PM, livylotte said:

So you like it and nobody else on here does?

Sorry, I'm the other side of the pond and I'm not sure if I'm missing something in translation 🤷‍♀️

edit .. apart from Merion_Mom who also enjoys it.

I've actually never seen Cats.

2 hours ago, Member123 said:

Anecdotal information regarding the FCC.

Even though others have reported that they were able to have the FCC applied to a sailing beyond the expiration date of the certificate, I was just denied that by Guest Relations. There is a special number given to us on the FCC for calling in and discussing our situation.

So, there it is. What applies to one person, may not apply to another. Concessions made to bookings for some individuals, may not apply to all.

I hate to be one of THOSE people who argues fine points ad nauseum. The only reason that I'm reposting my experience is that I didn't want to be part of any misinformation and have someone rely upon what they've read here and be told that the information they thought they knew... they didn't know. 

Buyer beware. YMMV. Whatever.

Have you called and tried with another rep?  It's worth giving it another go or two!

5 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Is it true you will not get any C+A points if you pay allf of your cruise exept for the taxes with the FCC?🤔

Might be an EU rule. Americans get points for every cruise.