Do I need the paper ticket to board?

new_cruiser

I'm so used to not needing paper to travel - I forgot to pack the paper docs I got from Star Clippers. When I realized that, my husband scanned and emaiied them to me. I have the PDF on my phone.

If I need it to board, I could try to get the ships copy printed at the hotel in Thailand. I'm staying at my son's house tonight but his printer is having issues. Is it necessary? If so, con I just print the one page that says cruise ticket ship's copy?

I don't have the bag tags either - but I hope they will have one at the pier. I'm traveling with just carry on.

They do take the ticket when you board - they must have a system for someone who has lost/forgotten their ticket (and having a print-out or scan of your ticket will surely help).

They will have spare bag tags at the quayside - I saw this on our recent Royal Clipper trip.

• 3 years later...
22 hours ago, Ben2travel said:

When do I receive these papers? I am leaving in 3 weeks and haven’t heard a word since I made my final payment?

You usually get them at final payment.  You need to call whoever you booked through.  Also, ask for the latest Covid/insurance requirements.