RCCL Continues to Minimize Customer Loyalty and Customer Service

Im writing this to see if other loyal RCCL customers have experienced  drop in customer service over the last few years.  I cruise on average 4 times a years and have been exclusive to RCCL for 20+ years.  Over last 5 years I have noticed serious drops in customer service. I have made every attempt to work with RCCL to help them improve and they have not done anything to make things better and have just dismissed my concerns. Now to make matters worse they are selling my diamond plus perks to new cruisers with this new "KEY" Program.  I am do disgusted as to how RCCL handled this that I cancelled my most recent cruise and will never cruise with them again. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so please share here so that we can perhaps get RCCL to start listening. Dam shame that after 20+ years of being a loyal customer to RCCL have been dismissed by them. And my parting "spanking" from RCCL for cancelling was a $500 penalty.  They are giving me $300 in FUTURE Cruise credits for cancelling. Not sure why I need future cruise credits since i will never sail with them again.  Most disturbing and really intrigued to see if others are feeling the same or have experienced this drop in customer service.  Kind Regards.

• Like 1

Seems a little over the top...there is no reason or anything ever stated that the loyalty perks are exclusively available only to those who are ‘loyal’!

And what Key perk could possibly be so disturbing to you that you are cancelling??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Thanks for your response.  More concerned about their reduction in customer service. The Key program was the cherry on the icing.  Doesnt feel good that after spending tons of money with them over 20+ years that they would sell my perks out.  AND even being a diamond plus passenger I cant buy a key program to enjoy pinnacle benefits.  They key program offers perks that I dont even get as a diamond plus customer.  That doesnt seem right. Thanks again for response

Thanks for your response.  More concerned about their reduction in customer service. The Key program was the cherry on the icing.  Doesnt feel good that after spending tons of money with them over 20+ years that they would sell my perks out.  AND even being a diamond plus passenger I cant buy a key program to enjoy pinnacle benefits.  They key program offers perks that I dont even get as a diamond plus customer.  That doesnt seem right. Thanks again for response

I believe with the possible exception of embarkation and reserved seating depending on your level - there are no overlapping perks. Why don’t you just buy the key to get the perks? That’s the idea - they are a business and can’t give everything away for free.

If you have a legit customer service issue - speak about it - but don’t have a pity party over The Key and expect to get a lot of sympathy. Many have tried it ...few will win....The 200 Key guests spots allowed per sailing are wonderfully open to everyone regardless of their status level!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Not sure what a flounce is but ok.  To be clear I am NOT losing perks. They are giving others the opportunity to pay for my perks. Thats is what I have issue with. This is NOT a pity party not looking for that. Just looking to raise awareness to other loyal customers to be on alert to this activity. Thats all. And you say if I have customer service issues speak about it. I have for over 5 years and have been in direct communications with Michael Bayley and his direct team to work on the issues and to no avail. Rather have been dismissed by corporate.  Not sure how anyone can feel that after 20+ years of being a loyal RCCL customer and experiencing what I have experienced would not reach the conclusion I have reached.

• Like 1

Anyone notice the OP name, number of posts here so far by a "Diamond" member, and subsequent topic.

Usually when first posts here are to complain/vent...that's the purpose. In some cases, there aren't even truths behind those posts. We'll see how this one pans out.

• Like 1

To answer your question, no I have not noticed a serious drop in customer service over the last few years. As you have not elaborated on your issues there is no way to tell whether I would consider cancelling future cruises if they had happened to me. 

As far as giving others the opportunity to pay for perks hasn't RCL (and all the other cruise lines) always done this anyway for suite passengers. I have no problem with it and even book suites myself sometimes. I don't see the Key as any different.I don't think any of us have an automatic right to the C and A perks, it's nice to get them but RCL can remove them whenever they want.

I cruise RCL because I enjoy their cruises, I also cruise other lines and enjoy them too. Variety is the spice of life.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 5

Unfortunately, you are just one voice amongst millions. You have not specified, other than mention The Key, what your issues are.

Priority tender service seems to be the only perk overlap.

RCI continue to insist that they 'value their loyal customers', hopefully they will continue to do so, but as long as people are happy to 'pay extra' for these 'perks' they will continue to be introduced.

Edited by icsys
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, billcancel said:

Im writing this to see if other loyal RCCL customers have experienced  drop in customer service over the last few years.  I cruise on average 4 times a years and have been exclusive to RCCL for 20+ years.  Over last 5 years I have noticed serious drops in customer service. I have made every attempt to work with RCCL to help them improve and they have not done anything to make things better and have just dismissed my concerns. Now to make matters worse they are selling my diamond plus perks to new cruisers with this new "KEY" Program.  I am do disgusted as to how RCCL handled this that I cancelled my most recent cruise and will never cruise with them again. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so please share here so that we can perhaps get RCCL to start listening. Dam shame that after 20+ years of being a loyal customer to RCCL have been dismissed by them. And my parting "spanking" from RCCL for cancelling was a $500 penalty.  They are giving me $300 in FUTURE Cruise credits for cancelling. Not sure why I need future cruise credits since i will never sail with them again.  Most disturbing and really intrigued to see if others are feeling the same or have experienced this drop in customer service.  Kind Regards.

Welcome to cruise critic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billcancel said:

If so please share here so that we can perhaps get RCCL to start listening.

i will never sail with them again.  

There seems to be a disconnect here.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Welcome to cruise critic.

Why are you welcoming them to Cruise Critic when they've been on it for months? Up your post count?

Edited by DDG 41
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

There seems to be a disconnect here.

A supposed Diamond member shows up with their 1st - 3rd posts ever here (only signed up in September last year)...posts a rant...than silence.

Drive-by hoax.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here we go again.

I'd love to know what the pressing issue was. I've only ever had 2 pretty big issues on RCL ships since I've been cruising with them, and each time, their CS has taken a few days to respond, but was more than helpful. I have a feeling that these customer service is terrible threads I keep seeing are the result of people going out and looking for problems to whine about.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

4 cruises a year for 20+ years only equals Diamond+?  I'll never be a Pinnacle!  I'm glad the Key is available 🙂

80 cruises at 7 days each.  560 days. 700 points required for P.