Updated dress code/theme schedules

bluemarble

On 7/13/2019 at 3:55 PM, K.S. said:

I would love to see photos from one of the Roaring Twenties evenings

Update: I’ve found a few.

I’d love to see them too - where are they?

I found that very few participated in the ‘masquerade’ theme, even though we’d called into Venice prior to that evening. I was the only person wearing a mask at our table of ten! 

I have a sparkly black dress for the Cunard Gala Ball, But have just read the post about wearing gold or red...... oh dear! 🤭😉

1 hour ago, E.A. Surrey said:

I’d love to see them too - where are they?

I found that very few participated in the ‘masquerade’ theme, even though we’d called into Venice prior to that evening. I was the only person wearing a mask at our table of ten! 

I have a sparkly black dress for the Cunard Gala Ball, But have just read the post about wearing gold or red...... oh dear! 🤭😉

You can wear it then. Not everyone follows the theme. Or there's usually a black and white ball, you could wear it for that. 

I was surprised at how many women went for the roaring 20's theme. For men it's easy, a dinner suit is classic and timeless. I found a "flapper dress" on ebay and I love wearing it. I hope there will be a '20s night on my spring TA.

Does anyone know when the 2020 list will be available?

• Like 1

I'd be happy if they would complete the roundtrip TA in December! It's been stuck at only one week incompletely filled in for months now.

Regarding Roaring Twenties dress for men, you CAN buy era-appropriate men's suits. Our youngest daughter had a Twenties-themed wedding, so we have a flapper dress (originally the dress we bought for her) and a gangster-style baggy pinstripe we'll be using.

44 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

... Does anyone know when the 2020 list will be available?

Cunard doesn't seem to keep to any set time frames for releasing the dress code schedules. Last October, Cunard released dress code schedules covering early October 2018 to mid/late May 2019. So, a good guess might be October for the next update from Cunard, but all I can say for sure is stay tuned for further developments.

• Like 1

Updated dress code/theme schedules have been posted. These only add a few weeks to complete the schedules through the end of 2019 (and a few days into next January), but at least that's something, I suppose.

QE: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/Dress_Code_Q925_Q001.pdf

QM2: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/Dress_Code_M927_M001.pdf

QV: https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/Dress_Code_V922_V001.pdf

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 1:56 PM, E.A. Surrey said:

Don’t worry at all!

We had a “Cunard Ball” Gala Night on our recent voyage and honestly saw every color of the rainbow there. I wore a plum purple gown.

Wear your sparkly black dress with absolute confidence. Enjoy!

Thanks for your comment, Nature Lover Girl..... it honestly doesn't bother me - : on previous Cunard cruises there's been all styles and colours and no-one seems too bothered by the theme. I will be interested to see how many adopt 1920's fashions - and what constitutes 'Victoriana'! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 7:45 AM, bluemarble said:

Thanks so much for posting!  I’m sailing Mar 28- Apr 4 on QV and am disappointed there’s only one gala night for the 7 days! 😞

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Being from Florida we practically never wear formal or semi formal attire. In fact we don't dress up much at all. Very very few occasions where I don a suit or sport jacket and tie and that's usually at a funeral. That being said we still enjoy cruising on ships that are refined like the Queen Victoria out of Ft. Lauderdale transatlantic to Southampton this coming March. I never knew that they departed from a Florida port until I saw the itinerary on *****. A couple of questions:

*Is a nice dress shirt and slacks considered Smart Attire after 6 pm or is it necessary to wear a suit or sport jacket with tie?

*On Gala Nights can a gentleman wear a sport jacket and tie or does it have to be a dark suit or tuxedo?

I would really like for my wife and I to do this transatlantic on the Queen Victoria as it looks like a very impressive ship with the type of atmosphere that we are used to. However, if we have to be restricted to certain areas of the ship at certain times possibly we may rethink this cruise.

Thank you in advance for any helpful information or hints. :classic_unsure:

Edited by Floridastorm

8 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Is a nice dress shirt and slacks considered Smart Attire after 6 pm or is it necessary to wear a suit or sport jacket with tie?

*On Gala Nights can a gentleman wear a sport jacket and tie or does it have to be a dark suit or tuxedo?

The answer from Cunard is -

Smart Attire: Gentlemen, every night we request you wear smart trousers with a shirt and jacket; tie is optional. Ladies, blouses and skirts or stylish trousers and dresses are welcome.

Gala Evenings: It’s Showtime. Dinner jacket, tuxedo, or dark suit for the men with a regular tie or bow tie. Evening or cocktail dress, smart trouser suit, or formal separates for the ladies please.

34 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

The answer from Cunard is -

Smart Attire: Gentlemen, every night we request you wear smart trousers with a shirt and jacket; tie is optional. Ladies, blouses and skirts or stylish trousers and dresses are welcome.

Gala Evenings: It’s Showtime. Dinner jacket, tuxedo, or dark suit for the men with a regular tie or bow tie. Evening or cocktail dress, smart trouser suit, or formal separates for the ladies please.

Hattie, with all due respect I know what the Cunard policy states. What I needed to know is how flexible is that policy? All cruise lines have policies but many ships do not strictly enforce those policies if someone meets the criteria to a degree.

• Host Hattie unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...