why is it so hard to get a good PVP

carakris

I have had a difficult time finding a  good PVP, The last one I spoke too sounded like she had just woke up and when I answered her call, she was returning my phone call, instead of introducing herself all she said was you called, OK first who is this that I am speaking too, I thought these were professionals. My last one I had would only send information that I requested to my ex-husband, even after telling them many times to please send it to me.  I give up!!

Had four PVPs over the last ten years and never had a problem at all. If you get ones that have been there over a period of time. Unfortunaely CC will not allow us to give the names of the good or bad ones. Good luck just keep looking

When I booked our cruise last month I was told they did away with PVP's and now when I call about my cruise I just give my booking number and anybody helps me.  I specifically asked for a PVP for this cruise too.  Was kinda bummed.  Do they still have PVP's?

9 minutes ago, cloverseeker said:

When I booked our cruise last month I was told they did away with PVP's and now when I call about my cruise I just give my booking number and anybody helps me.  I specifically asked for a PVP for this cruise too.  Was kinda bummed.  Do they still have PVP's?

Just talked to my PVP 5 minutes ago.  Sign in to their site online and start looking at cruises for a few days. You will get a call from one.

We have had one PVP since 2013.  He is awesome ! If I leave a phone message or email, he either emails back or calls very soon. Very knowledgeable about our Caribbean as well as Alaska cruises. He has a facebook page (that I did just recently find) and is great if I need to book an excursion, add something, whatever. Always professional and available 7 days a week until 10:00 pm I think.

3 hours ago, cloverseeker said:

When I booked our cruise last month I was told they did away with PVP's and now when I call about my cruise I just give my booking number and anybody helps me.  I specifically asked for a PVP for this cruise too.  Was kinda bummed. 

Do they still have PVP's?

Hi Cloverseeker ☺️

Yes, Carnival still has PVP's. When my wife & I cruise Carnival I always request a PVP. For the last 6 years luckily we have been able to reach the same agent. We recently booked a 15-night Journeys repositioning sailing onboard Mardi Gras just last month; & was extremely thrilled that the PVP we used in the past is still with the company.

Have a terrific voyage!

🌴

4 hours ago, cloverseeker said:

Yes they do...I have had a great one since 2009---very attentive and seems to work 7 days a week.   Very helpful and efficient

8 minutes ago, shoptom said:

I still don't understand what the PVP is supposed to do that I can't do myself.

Answer any question easily about ports, ships, features.   Help with any booking problems, find you rooms that are not shown on the Carnival.com site (the site only lists 10 rooms for you to choose from).     They help with changing a booking for you (as I just did for next year).

I do a lot of research before calling him, but I book with him.  It costs nothing to do and why not have an expert helping?

44 minutes ago, ray98 said:

An 'expert'....lol.  They are salesmen for the company, nothing more.

Ours is an expert. She has been doing this for years and she actually cruises on Carnival ships. She has been able to find cabins we are interested, but don't show up on the Carnival booking site. Can tell us which cabins to avoid due to noise problems. Never calls us to try to 'sell' us something.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cloverseeker said:

Yes they do still have PVPs. I talked to mine on mon

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

An 'expert'....lol.  They are salesmen for the company, nothing more.

Mine has been invaluable.   Of course he is a salesman for the company...a very very good one.     How else would you define an expert for a company?   Mine doesn't call me out of the blue, I call him when I have questions or am ready to book.   He never ever tries to sell me something and never pressures me.   I have referred many people to him who love him also.

Again, they are free to use..so no harm whatsoever to use them.  You don't know more than they do...I can guarantee that much.

Edited by bingomamma19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shoptom said:

I still don't understand what the PVP is supposed to do that I can't do myself.

If your reservation should go sideways due to no fault of your own a good PVP can be invaluable. For instance I read on this site that a couple on the same cruise as us was throwing several parties, stringing lights on the balcony to add party atmosphere and there was talk of a pinata for the kids. This person posted their cabin number here and invited one and all to join them. This was not a roll call post but here on the Carnival main board.

Sure enough when I checked that cabin it was right next to ours and what was worse there was a thin connecting door between the cabins! I didn't see this party invite until the day before the cruise. Our PVP verified what I had stated was posted here and assured us we would be relocated to a similar cabin but that this close to the sailing date our new balcony cabin would be assigned at Long Beach at check in. And it was! We were moved aft on the same deck as the original cabin and far from the party.

Maybe any TA would have done the same but I was glad we booked with a PVP who advocated for us without hesitation when the chips were down and made us so satisfied that we have been booking with them for 8 years and hope to for many more years to come.

I just use the 1800 number. Most of my cruises are booked in the middle of the night out of boredom. I’d rather not work around someone else’s schedule especially when I can do everything on my own. I’ve had several PVPs assigned to me over the years but they’ve never been available when I want to use their services so I simply don’t bother anymore.

For my Antarctica Cruise, I’m using a TA for the first time and we communicate by email. I still handle most of the logistics on my own though- she just processes the payments. The cruise was originally reserved through Princess but she did a takeover to apply a group discount and onboard credit.

14 hours ago, carakris said:

I have had a difficult time finding a  good PVP, The last one I spoke too sounded like she had just woke up and when I answered her call, she was returning my phone call, instead of introducing herself all she said was you called, OK first who is this that I am speaking too, I thought these were professionals. My last one I had would only send information that I requested to my ex-husband, even after telling them many times to please send it to me.  I give up!!

My first one didn't have that much knowledge, missed leading my booking, I didn't want to give her a hard time, so I didn't ask to talk to her supervisor. Since it's only within 1/2 hrs, they should be able to listen to the phone call, and i won't have to pay extra $300, but I feel sorry for her. I never book with her again. My second one, he will only talk to me if i do the booking, but no reply any other question that I asked. I emailed him at beginning of March to see if he can find me any better room than the one I saw on website, he never reply.

I got a recommendation from someone, for my 3rd one, I called him last night , 7pm my time, but his time is 10pm, he wasn't infront of his computer, but he told me to wait for him 1/2 hrs, he will be there, and helped me with my booking, I emailed him the guest list, everything went smoothly, and I'm very impressed, he told me call him anytime if I need anything. Very professional. He been with carnival 27 years. I can feel I'm in a good hand. 

(My second one got the names list too, but he manage to enter it wrong)