Pacific - not dead yet..Tahiti 2020

Cruise Junky

33 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I don't find any of these listed on the Princess site when searching cruises on Pacific Princess.

When people post these - they are advance copies meant for travel agents to be aware of future itineraries. 

Sometimes they get in the hands of non-travel agents and we post them for people to be aware of. Cruise Junky and myself are NOT travel agents.

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

Not released yet.  Mid April I believe was the date.  16th for Elites, 17th for the rest.

53 minutes ago, Coral said:

When people post these - they are advance copies meant for travel agents to be aware of future itineraries. 

Sometimes they get in the hands of non-travel agents and we post them for people to be aware of. Cruise Junky and myself are NOT travel agents.

Thank you for posting.

So Princess will only publicize them the first day we can actually book?

I like to pour over the itineraries for a couple of days before I book.

3 hours ago, chamima said:

Thank you for posting.

So Princess will only publicize them the first day we can actually book?

I like to pour over the itineraries for a couple of days before I book.

I looked and we got an email April 2nd for an April 9th booking date for Elite for Australian and New Zealand cruises. I am not sure if they always give that much notice.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Negotiations have already started in our house. I told DH I’d give up all our scheduled cruising between now and then to do the Pacific Princess in French Polynesia once again. 

I can't imagine anything better than spending the season cruising Tahiti,  I'm sure you'll have no trouble with G.  Anthony caved in almost immediately!  Of course for us it will only be for one 10 day with work and all.  but 10 days in heaven is a lot better than zero days.  

32 minutes ago, miagirl said:

I can't imagine anything better than spending the season cruising Tahiti,  I'm sure you'll have no trouble with G.  Anthony caved in almost immediately!  Of course for us it will only be for one 10 day with work and all.  but 10 days in heaven is a lot better than zero days.  

I just said Tahiti, Easter Island and milestone cruise & my wife cracked 

2 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

I tried that one, but got shut down with a "too long".  And unfortunately we aren't really at a milestone - yet.  I tried almost milestone,  I even dragged in Machu Picchu to no avail.  But I'm happy to take the 10-day an run with it.

I just called Princess to ask when these itineraries would be available for booking.  After a 5 minute hold the agent came back and said that for Elite members, the Tahiti cruises would be for sale this Tuesday April 9th at 4 PM PDT along with the Australia / other South Pacific cruises.  Already have a request in to my TA!

• Like 1

I almost jumped out of my chair when I read this because I’m dieing to do Tahiti, and DH loves the Pacific, but then I saw the only dates are while I’m teaching! 😩 I wish they’d stay there for Christmas because then Christmas 2020 would be an easy cruise decision. 😏

36 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I just called Princess to ask when these itineraries would be available for booking.  After a 5 minute hold the agent came back and said that for Elite members, the Tahiti cruises would be for sale this Tuesday April 9th at 4 PM PDT along with the Australia / other South Pacific cruises.  Already have a request in to my TA!

Very interesting. They’re certainly listed with the Australia release on the site I found them. Will keep an eye out for next week. 

2 hours ago, miagirl said:

We’re also very short on time. In fact hubby didn’t want to take any time off in 2020 as he’s retiring end of year and wants to be paid out. I’m torn between a 10 day or the 9 day Honolulu to Papeete + 2 nights in an overwater bungalow in Moorea. 

41 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I will certainly check the Princess website on 4/9. However, I got the dates i mentioned above from a TA who got an email directly from Princess, and I tend to believe it’s more factual than information received over the phone.  If Princess opened the schedules the week before their stated date, I think the backlash would be huge. 

Yes, we’re booking the season, but I never really count on something until final payment date. Life has a way of upending our plans. I told DH that, if we get back to Raiatea, I would match him step for step climbing Mt. Tapioi. Need to start training tomorrow. 😂

17563907-6FAD-41F0-BC1E-DC63F505FB77.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

We’re also very short on time. In fact hubby didn’t want to take any time off in 2020 as he’s retiring end of year and wants to be paid out. I’m torn between a 10 day or the 9 day Honolulu to Papeete + 2 nights in an overwater bungalow in Moorea. 

Do the cruise!  The sail ins each morning are not to be missed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paul929207 said:

Paul, what is the milestone?  We celebrated a milestone on the Pacific Princess in French Polynesia. Breakfast in Sabatinis sailing into Bora Bora and Moorea was simply heaven on earth. 

CruiseJunky: 😆

30 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Very interesting. They’re certainly listed with the Australia release on the site I found them. Will keep an eye out for next week. 

17 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I will certainly check the Princess website on 4/9. However, I got the dates i mentioned above from a TA who got an email directly from Princess, and I tend to believe it’s more factual than information received over the phone.  If Princess opened the schedules the week before their stated date, I think the backlash would be huge. 

Yes, we’re booking the season, but I never really count on something until final payment date. Life has a way of upending our plans. I told DH that, if we get back to Raiatea, I would match him step for step climbing Mt. Tapioi. Need to start training tomorrow. 😂

Hmmm.... could it be different in Canada than the USA?  Agree that Princess CSRs are notorious for bad information but it did seem odd that these cruises were listed under "Australia" in a OneSource link I found.  We plan on trying to book this Tuesday just in case.  And if it's a week later, no worries as long as they open it up to everyone at the same time.

We're looking at the 35 day. Just can't decide if it's better to book in two segments or one.

I won't be getting much sleep between now and Tuesday. 😬

I'd also like to do the New Year's cruise that will most certainly come after that. Anyone have any idea when that will come out as we'd like to stay in the same cabin.

Edited by chamima

I was so ecstatic at this news that I immediately texted both my parents to let them know.  Then I told my husband the second he got home and he brought me back to reality by asking if I'd rather go on Princess or Paul Gauguin.  And I then realized that Princess' return to French Polynesia (10 day itineraries) had come too late for me.  I'm forever spoiled! When Princess stopped their 10 day cruises in the F.P. we splurged and tried Paul Gauguin and as much as I love Princess there is no going back.  In the French Polynesia I'll take a port hole room on the Paul Gauguin over a suite on Princess.  

I don't share this to spoil this news for anyone as it really is great news and I think a good & exciting move on Princess' part.  Rather, I noticed that someone mentioned that the dates available for the Princess sailings wouldn't work for them and I want to encourage anyone in that situation to check out the Paul Gauguin.  Their prices look high at first but their oceanview rooms are actually priced fairly and you can get a great deal if you can take advantage of one of their 2 week sales.  When you consider their rates include airfare (we take the ~$1600/p air credit instead), transfers & a day room (unless you take an airfare credit), gratuities, specialty dining and beverages the overall price of your trip may not be that much more on the Paul Gauguin.  I do find the price difference between OV and balcony rates on that ship to be absurd, especially since on such a port intensive itinerary most people don't seem to get much use out of their balcony.  

19 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

While I got 3 emails from Princess on April 4th, this was not one of them. Go figure. I have received Elite emails for the other booking windows.

17 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

I'm looking at that 25 day to FFL on 24 November.....😊😊😊

Bob

Bob,

Sam and I have loved, loved, loved our cruises to/in the Pacific Islands.  These look awesome, and we've never been on the ship.

Hope Holli is doing well.

Joanie

We did the 10 day Tahiti Island Cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary about 11 years ago, so I’m thinking that a return for our 21st could be on the cards. 🙂

Roll on our May cruise so that we can acquire a few more FCD and then roll on June and fingers crossed for a S+S offer.

19 hours ago, minabruuke said:

I was so ecstatic at this news that I immediately texted both my parents to let them know.  Then I told my husband the second he got home and he brought me back to reality by asking if I'd rather go on Princess or Paul Gauguin.  And I then realized that Princess' return to French Polynesia (10 day itineraries) had come too late for me.  I'm forever spoiled! When Princess stopped their 10 day cruises in the F.P. we splurged and tried Paul Gauguin and as much as I love Princess there is no going back.  In the French Polynesia I'll take a port hole room on the Paul Gauguin over a suite on Princess.  

I don't share this to spoil this news for anyone as it really is great news and I think a good & exciting move on Princess' part.  Rather, I noticed that someone mentioned that the dates available for the Princess sailings wouldn't work for them and I want to encourage anyone in that situation to check out the Paul Gauguin.  Their prices look high at first but their oceanview rooms are actually priced fairly and you can get a great deal if you can take advantage of one of their 2 week sales.  When you consider their rates include airfare (we take the ~$1600/p air credit instead), transfers & a day room (unless you take an airfare credit), gratuities, specialty dining and beverages the overall price of your trip may not be that much more on the Paul Gauguin.  I do find the price difference between OV and balcony rates on that ship to be absurd, especially since on such a port intensive itinerary most people don't seem to get much use out of their balcony.  

Good information.  We’re currently booked on Paul Gauguin and now I see this.  We have a 13 day itinerary and it is more expensive but as you say, airfare is included.  I have to put them side by side to determine our best course of action.