Alaska May 25,2019

aalonzo2019

Hello All,

i will I’ll be going to Alaska for a cruise the week of May 25. I have been checking the historical weather and I know to layer. My question is should I take all long sleeve t-shirts with me? Or some short sleeve? I read the historical highs are like 57 degrees. 

I will be in Alaska two days after you!   I have planned on taking 3 long sleeve tshirts, 2 short sleeved and one pair of capris.  With that I'll be taking 2 pairs of chino type trousers.  I also bought a silk scarf that coordinates with all the colors of my t-shirts, so if its a bit breezy I'll have something for around my neck, I can also wear it to dress up my shirts at dinner.   This plus a waterproof windbreaker and a fleece jacket and I'm set for the 7 days. 

3 hours ago, aalonzo2019 said:

Hello All,

i will I’ll be going to Alaska for a cruise the week of May 25. I have been checking the historical weather and I know to layer. My question is should I take all long sleeve t-shirts with me? Or some short sleeve? I read the historical highs are like 57 degrees. 

Both.

On 4/4/2019 at 4:23 PM, aalonzo2019 said:

Hello All,

Since you are from California I would stick with the long sleeve shirts.  There are lots of shops that sell short sleeve t's if you need one.  Comfortable broken in shoes are the key for Alaska.  An outer fleece layer is something to through in your bag as well for warmth.  

Raincoat/Hat, you never know if you will need it. First time I was in Alaska, it was in September We were tendering.

Got off the tender at the dock,  by California standards, it was raining pretty good. I mention to the worker on the dock

" Getting a little rain today" he said "Naw, this is just a sprinkle".

• 2 weeks later...